• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

=Something Bad Jesus Did=

free spirit

In the type level of symbols, David came out of Bethlehem and became the most famous ruler over all of Israel. In the archetype level of reality, Judah, the People is the one.

But let us consider Jesus. Okay, Jesus was born in Bethlehem, but so were thousands of other Jews, who like Jesus did not become a ruler in Israel. So, what are we talking about here? If you want to go symbolical, I am all ears. What kind of ruler did Jesus become? If he is still to become, I am not that romantic. After 2000 years of wait, you might have to wait another 2000.

Now, regarding Jesus being from the Tribe of Judah, I am the one who believes it; you don't. If you wanna try to discuss the matter with me, be my guest. If you succeed, you might score high by making a Christian out of a Jew. On the other hand, I hope you won't let pride speak louder than commonsense if you fail.

Ben, I have no pride, for that which I have, has been given to me by my Lord and Saviour. I do believe that Jesus came from the tribe of Judah, he rules as a King and Priest. We read in Hebrews 7: 1 to 28;
1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham as he was returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,
2 to whom also Abraham apportioned a tent part of all the spoils, was first of all, by the translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then also king of Salem, which is king of peace.
3 Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, he abides a priest perpetually.
4 Now observe how great this man was to whom Abraham, the patriarch, gave a tenth of the choicest spoils.
5 And those indeed of the sons of Levi who receive the priest’s office have commandment in the law to collect a tenth from the people, that is, from their brethren, although these are descended from Abraham
6 But the one whose genealogy is not traced from them collected a tenth from Abraham, and blessed the one who had the promises.
7 But without any dispute the lesser is blessed by the greater.
8 And in this case mortal men receive tithes, but in that case one receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives on.
9 And, so to speak, through Abraham even Levi, who received tithes, paid tithes,
10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.
11 Now if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the people received the law), what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be designated according to the order of Aaron?
12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.
13 For the one concerning whom these things are spoken belong to another tribe, from which no one has officiated at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, a tribe with reference to which Moses spoke nothing concerning priests.
15 And this is clearer still if another priest arises according to the likeness of Melchizedek,
16 who has become such not on the basis of a law of physical requirement, but according to the power of an indestructible life.
17 For it is witnessed of him. Thou art a priest forever. According to the order of Melchizedek.
18 For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of its weakness and uselessness,
19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and on the other hand there is a bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
20 And inasmuch as it was not without an oath,
21 (for they indeed became priests without an oath, but he with an oath through the one who said to him. The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind. Thou art a priest forever),
22 so much the more also Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.
23 And the former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers,
because they were prevented by death from continuing,
24 but he, on the other hand, because he abides forever, holds his priesthood permanently.
25 Hence, also, he is able to save forever those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.
26 For it was fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens,
27 who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people, because this he did once for all when he offered up himself.
28 For the law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints a son, made perfect forever.
If you became a Christian the angels in heaven will be rejoicing and I together with them.

Last edited:

free spirit

TO HARMONIOUSA

HAVE A HEART, IT IS SO COLD OUT HERE WITHOUT YOU :cold:

DO YOU KNOW THAT TO SIN IS HUMAN BUT TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE, SO, SHOW ME YOUR GOOD SIDE:D

Ben Masada

Ben, I have no pride, for that which I have, has been given to me by my Lord and Saviour. I do believe that Jesus came from the tribe of Judah, he rules as a King and Priest. We read in Hebrews 7: 1 to 28;

I went through your 28 lines to prove that Jesus was the one and I didn't find his name. How do you see it? Oh! I had almost forgotten, ASSUMPTIONS. Worse than that is that you are not the one who assumes. You plagiarize the assumptions of Paul and the gospel writers.

Jesus was neither Lord nor Saviour. He himself said that God is One and the only Lord. Read Mark 12:29. And Isaiah says in Isaiah 43:11, that there is no Saviour but God Himself.

Why don't you give yourself a break with all your romanticism and explain to us how Jesus can be from the Tribe of Judah if he was not a biological son of Joseph's. I don't want to take the wagon of faith on this one but Logic.

Last edited:

Poisonshady313

Why don't you give yourself a break with all your romanticism and explain to us how Jesus can be from the Tribe of Judah if he was not a biological son of Joseph's. I don't want to take the wagon of faith on this one but Logic.

You may want to remind him that tribal affiliation comes from one's biological father, and from nowhere else.

I would, but he's on my ignore list.

Ben Masada

You may want to remind him that tribal affiliation comes from one's biological father, and from nowhere else.

Thanks Poisonshady, for reminding me. But I think he knows about that. The problem is that his false pride speaks louder than commonsense.

IF_u_knew

Curious
1 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham as he was returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,
2 to whom also Abraham apportioned a tent part of all the spoils, was first of all, by the translation of his name, king of righteousness, and then also king of Salem, which is king of peace.
3 Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, he abides a priest perpetually.
4 Now observe how great this man was to whom Abraham, the patriarch, gave a tenth of the choicest spoils.
5 And those indeed of the sons of Levi who receive the priest’s office have commandment in the law to collect a tenth from the people, that is, from their brethren, although these are descended from Abraham
6 But the one whose genealogy is not traced from them collected a tenth from Abraham, and blessed the one who had the promises.
7 But without any dispute the lesser is blessed by the greater.
8 And in this case mortal men receive tithes, but in that case one receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives on.
9 And, so to speak, through Abraham even Levi, who received tithes, paid tithes,
10 for he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him.
11 Now if perfection was through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the people received the law), what further need was there for another priest to arise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be designated according to the order of Aaron?
12 For when the priesthood is changed, of necessity there takes place a change of law also.
13 For the one concerning whom these things are spoken belong to another tribe, from which no one has officiated at the altar.
14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, a tribe with reference to which Moses spoke nothing concerning priests.
15 And this is clearer still if another priest arises according to the likeness of Melchizedek,
16 who has become such not on the basis of a law of physical requirement, but according to the power of an indestructible life.
17 For it is witnessed of him. Thou art a priest forever. According to the order of Melchizedek.
18 For, on the one hand, there is a setting aside of a former commandment because of its weakness and uselessness,
19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and on the other hand there is a bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.
20 And inasmuch as it was not without an oath,
21 (for they indeed became priests without an oath, but he with an oath through the one who said to him. The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind. Thou art a priest forever),
22 so much the more also Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant.
23 And the former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers,
because they were prevented by death from continuing,
24 but he, on the other hand, because he abides forever, holds his priesthood permanently.
25 Hence, also, he is able to save forever those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.
26 For it was fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens,
27 who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people, because this he did once for all when he offered up himself.
28 For the law appoints men as high priests who are weak, but the word of the oath, which came after the law, appoints a son, made perfect forever.
If you became a Christian the angels in heaven will be rejoicing and I together with them.

Genesis 14:18-20

Melchizedek never tried to pull Abram away from his people; he never worshipped Abram as God; and he never put stipulations on the giving of his peace offerings to Abram ... in other words, the peace offering wasn't conditionally based on whether he personally could get something out of the blessing God had given to Abram. He simply recognized who it was that God was with and made peace with Abram .. *without conditions.*

God forbid that the Jewish should convert to such a ridiculous way of thinking as what is pertained in Christianity.

Jesus was Jewish ... accept it already and quit pretending as though he gave a damn about the Gentiles when clearly he did not.

free spirit

I went through your 28 lines to prove that Jesus was the one and I didn't find his name. How do you see it? Oh! I had almost forgotten, ASSUMPTIONS. Worse than that is that you are not the one who assumes. You plagiarize the assumptions of Paul and the gospel writers.
Abraham pleased God because he had faith, you yourself have faith in the law, right?
The "only" difference between us is that I have the gift of the Holy Spirit, therefore I understand the New Testament and believe that it is God reviling himself to us.
Jesus was neither Lord nor Saviour. He himself said that God is One and the only Lord. Read Mark 12:29. And Isaiah says in Isaiah 43:11, that there is no Saviour but God Himself.

Yes you are correct; but we read in John 1: 14, "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of the only begotten from the father, full of grace and truth.

Believe me I do sympathize with you, for even among Christians there is discord regarding Jesus status. But back in Genesis 3:15, God protected from sin the seed of the woman, in Matthew 1: 18 to 23, we read; "Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit. And Joseph her husband, being a righteous man, and not wanting to disgrace her, desired to put her away secretly. But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, 'Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for that which has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. And she will bear a son; and you shall call his name Jesus, for it is he who will save his people from their sins.' Now all this took place that what was spoken by the Lord through the prophet might be fulfilled, saying. 'Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and shall bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel,' which translated means, 'God with us.'"
Ben God requires that faith plays a big part in our coming to God, I like to make it easier for you but I cannot.

Last edited:

free spirit

Melchizedek never tried to pull Abram away from his people; he never worshipped Abram as God; and he never put stipulations on the giving of his peace offerings to Abram ... in other words, the peace offering wasn't conditionally based on whether he personally could get something out of the blessing God had given to Abram. He simply recognized who it was that God was with and made peace with Abram .. *without conditions.*
You need to re-read Hebrews chapter 7, and pay special attention of the relationship between Jesus and Melchizedek.
God forbid that the Jewish should convert to such a ridiculous way of thinking as what is pertained in Christianity.
Yes that ridiculous way of thinking will lead you to the blessings in Christ.

Jesus was Jewish ... accept it already and quit pretending as though he gave a damn about the Gentiles when clearly he did not.
[/QUOTE]
Yes he came to save his people and many of the Jews believed in him. Then salvation came to the Gentiles, for God loves those who love him.

free spirit

Well, Well I did not know that you also ignore me, I am getting quite a reputation among unbelieving Jews.
I do forgive you all, because you do not understand that my cutting words show the love that I have for you.
To ignore a person is to show contempt for that person, therefore your heart is void of the duty of care for that person, you have to have a heart of stone to do such a thing.
Forgive me for borrowing the words of the first Christian martyr Stephen for he said: " You men who are stiff necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit; you are doing just as your fathers did. Which one of the prophets did your fathers not persecute?
And they killed those who had previously announced the coming of the righteous one, whose betrayers and murderers you have now become; you who received the law as ordained by angels, and yet did not keep it."
I beg your pardon for writing the above but you deserver it to be said to you.

Last edited:

IF_u_knew

Curious

You need to re-read Hebrews chapter 7, and pay special attention of the relationship between Jesus and Melchizedek.

Yes, I have read it and it is obvious that this person is just as oblivious as to what the Tanakh is saying in regards to Genesis 14 as it is obvious that the person had no understanding whatsoever of the New Covenant that is spoken of in Jeremiah 31 when they wrote out an altogether newER than the new covenant. The author of Hebrews is OBVIOUSLY trying to replace what is considered by Christians as old with something new. Yet this "new" is hardly consistent and takes a great deal of denial of what is written in the Tanakh in order to be swallowed. In other words, Hebrews supports a religion all its own that was never based on Judaism and only ever tried to steal what did not rightfully belong to them.

What I seek is not a blessing .. only the truth. The blessing is in the many discoveries of the truth and that is certainly not found within a doctrine based on mythologies. Besides, life is blessing enough.

Yes he came to save his people and many of the Jews believed in him. Then salvation came to the Gentiles, for God loves those who love him.

What could the Jews possibly need to be saved from? You and others like you, perhaps .. and I imagine that is what they are trying to do by sharing the understanding of knowledge (the Law) with you all even now.

God forbid we wait another 2,000 years and suffer more, both Jews and Gentiles, at the hands of those who are given to superstitious mentalities. Promoting ignorance is promoting violence. It is the only thing I can think of that anyone would need saving from; that being ignorance of your kind.

What do you make of Job 40:14? This is God speaking to Job .. what is it that He confesses to Job? Is it that Jesus can save him? Hmmm??

Job is obviously the protype of Israel. Therefore, maybe you should be asking more questions of those you are speaking with here rather than *trying* your hand at preaching something that you know nothing about.

Isaiah 14:1 "For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob."

Never, not once, does it condone the Jewish joining and cleaving to the Gentiles. In fact, they are commanded to not join in the covenants that the heathen (yes, heathen .. those of superstitious stone age mentalities) would try to make with them. FORBIDDEN from joining your covenant!! Should they disobey God to please you, the Christians? Furthermore, the Tanakh (which the NT mooches off of) says specifically, as you can see above, that the strangers shall join with THEM and shall cleave to the house of Jacob; not the other way around.

You have a lot of studying to do before you try to pass off Paul's gospel (II Timothy 2:8) as being the one that is blessed of God. That is based on mythologies and testifies to imagination .. and not at all to what we know in life. It is made up and certainly not based in the Tanakh. The only blessing we have from it all is that it DID come attached to the Tanakh where the words of Truth are given.

free spirit

TO IF_U_KNEW

If you seek for the truth of God without a religious connection, but according to God righteous judgent, read to the end the following article that i wrote some time ago.

WHAT IS TRUTH?

All believers, regardless of denominational creed search for the assurance of understanding what is truth, because it seems that truth in this world is continually changing, as in what was true yesterday is no longer true today. However you can be assured that God’s universal truth is still the same as it has always been, unaltered and unalterable. As darkness cannot put out the light, even so lies and speculations cannot alter the truth. But unfortunately the lies and speculations have the capacity to lure us to focus on other unimportant things, those things may be not necessarily bad, nevertheless they are sufficient to cause us to miss the true purpose of our call, which is to walk towards God’s universal unchangeable truth.

You may well ask, what is God’s universal unchangeable truth? Bear with me for a moment, and God willing I will try to point it out to you. In the gospel of John 18 – 33 to 38, we read of an exchange between Pilate the Roman governor and Jesus. It unfolds in the following manner: “Pilate therefore entered again into the praetorium, and summoned Jesus, and said to him: Are you the king of the Jews? Jesus answered, “Are you saying this on your own initiative, or did others tell you about me?” Pilate answered, “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priest delivered you up to me; what have you done?” Jesus answered. My kingdom is not of this world, if my kingdom were of this world, then my servant would be fighting, that I might not be delivered up to the Jews; but as it is, my kingdom is not of this realm.”
Pilate therefore said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered: “You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears my voice.”
Pilate said to him, “What is truth?” And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews, and said to them, “I find no guilt in him.”

If we superficially read the above exchange between Pilate and Jesus we will also be left asking, “What is truth?” But if we look more closely some interesting facts will emerge. Such as “He has come into the world to bear witness to the truth.” And then Jesus makes an extraordinary statement about the human race. “Everyone who is of the truth hears my voice.” What does it mean? And how did Jesus, by coming into the world beared witness to the truth? Or, how can anyone be of the truth? The answer of course, through God’s wisdom, is staring at us in the face, we can all see it, but it can’t be perceived, unless it is spiritually revealed to us.

Because by the wisdom of God, the answer to “what is truth?” came out from Pilate’s own mouth, in the form of his judgement of Jesus. “I find no guilt in him.” In other words, “he is holy,” “he is without sin.” We can see, that by being holy even unto death he has fulfilled his primary mission, which speaks thus, “He has come into the world to bear witness to the truth.” That is to say, Jesus has shown us in words and deeds how to be holy, or how to be of the truth. (Which is not by mere chance the heart of the gospel.)

And so we came to the most simple and worldwide-understood principle, because on the day that we are also to face judgement, that is all the truth that matters, for God will judge the world only according to our holiness or lack of it. Think about it, is it possible to believe in God, and yet practice sin? Is believing some denominational doctrine or an historical fact enough to be saved? Does not even Satan believe?

But by the grace of God, we of the human race have been given a golden opportunity; “to be of the truth, which enables us to hear his still and holy voice” all we have to have is the sincere desire to be holy, (Remember Cornelius Acts 10 – 1 to 4,) and if we are a true believer that should not be too difficult for us. After that the Holy Spirit will lead each individual into repentance, for he knows the right way for each one of us, and as we obey the prompting of the Holy Spirit, our inner attitude toward our fellow men and ourselves will change for the better, until we are at peace with God, at peace with ourselves and with the world.

And on the day of judgement the righteous judge also will utter from his mouth, “I find no guilt in him.” On that day we will be changed from, “who is of the truth” into “who is part of the truth.”

What more is there to say? For I am fully convinced that if one doesn’t know anything, about anything, but practises the beliefs that are in Jesus and, or, lives his life by the principles of the gospel of holiness, he, I am sure is acceptable to God.

Because “Truth” in God’s eyes is not only that which is contrary to falsehood, but it is also a state of existence, therefore, the day will come when only “Truth” will exist in eternity. Then we can confidently say that“Truth” is a state of unchanging holiness, the essence of God to which we by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ have become partakers.

In John 14 – 6, Jesus said, “I am the ‘Way’, the ‘Truth’, and the ‘Life’; no one comes to the father, but through me”. Yes!
He is the “Way” because we must follow the footsteps of his earthly life = repentance
He is the “Truth” because he is the embodiment of unchanging holiness = God
He is also the “Life” because he is the eternal Word = life

It is fitting for the wisdom of God to sum it all up with this one phrase.
“God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
Glory to God

Last edited:

free spirit

Yes, I have read it and it is obvious that this person is just as oblivious as to what the Tanakh is saying in regards to Genesis 14 as it is obvious that the person had no understanding whatsoever of the New Covenant that is spoken of in Jeremiah 31 when they wrote out an altogether newER than the new covenant. The author of Hebrews is OBVIOUSLY trying to replace what is considered by Christians as old with something new. Yet this "new" is hardly consistent and takes a great deal of denial of what is written in the Tanakh in order to be swallowed. In other words, Hebrews supports a religion all its own that was never based on Judaism and only ever tried to steal what did not rightfully belong to them.
You say "steal what did not rightfully belong to them." I did not know that anyone owned God or his word. Plus you did not consider that many Jews pure in spirit became Christians, so they contributed their knowledge to the new borne again Israel, which was renamed Christianity.

What I seek is not a blessing .. only the truth. The blessing is in the many discoveries of the truth and that is certainly not found within a doctrine based on mythologies. Besides, life is blessing enough.
read my previous post and you should know "what is truth" in reality.

What could the Jews possibly need to be saved from? You and others like you, perhaps .. and I imagine that is what they are trying to do by sharing the understanding of knowledge (the Law) with you all even now.
God forbid we wait another 2,000 years and suffer more, both Jews and Gentiles, at the hands of those who are given to superstitious mentalities. Promoting ignorance is promoting violence. It is the only thing I can think of that anyone would need saving from; that being ignorance of your kind.
Like everyone the fleshly Jews need to be saved from sin and death.

What do you make of Job 40:14? This is God speaking to Job .. what is it that He confesses to Job? Is it that Jesus can save him? Hmmm??
Job is obviously the protype of Israel. Therefore, maybe you should be asking more questions of those you are speaking with here rather than *trying* your hand at preaching something that you know nothing about.
Isaiah 14:1 "For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob."
I am the house of Jacob; you are the house of Esau, for you despise the blessing of the Holy Spirit.

Never, not once, does it condone the Jewish joining and cleaving to the Gentiles. In fact, they are commanded to not join in the covenants that the heathen (yes, heathen .. those of superstitious stone age mentalities) would try to make with them. FORBIDDEN from joining your covenant!! Should they disobey God to please you, the Christians? Furthermore, the Tanakh (which the NT mooches off of) says specifically, as you can see above, that the strangers shall join with THEM and shall cleave to the house of Jacob; not the other way around.
As you know 70% of the population of the state of Israel is secular, in other words, they are Jews in name only, so you do not have to worry of being contaminated by heathen, superstitious, stone age mentalities or Christians for you have your fair share in your midst already.

You have a lot of studying to do before you try to pass off Paul's gospel (II Timothy 2:8) as being the one that is blessed of God. That is based on mythologies and testifies to imagination .. and not at all to what we know in life. It is made up and certainly not based in the Tanakh. The only blessing we have from it all is that it DID come attached to the Tanakh where the words of Truth are given.
It is not sufficient to have or know the words of truth; they need to be matched by your holy character in order to make a difference in your life.

Last edited:

Rayne

Meh
It's hard to point out a wrong doing from a person who could theoretically alter the definition of right or wrong at will.

AlsoAnima

Friend
It's hard to point out a wrong doing from a person who could theoretically alter the definition of right or wrong at will.
That might be true, but I think Theoretically is the key word, what would cause the Deity to change the rules of morality?

ayani

hey guys :

regarding how Jesus can be from the tribe of Judah.

Biblically, Yosef is not the father of Jesus. Mary, however, is a descent of David, and as she carried and bore the Saviour, Jesus actually gets His human lieange from her.

the geneology listed in Luke give's Yosef's father as Heli- however, the geneology in Matthew lists his father as Jacob. a now commonly understood explaination is that "Heli" is actually Yosef''s father-in-law, Mary's father, and that Luke traces Jesus' lineage from his mother, backwards, calling Heli Yosef's instead of her father, taking into acount the primacy placed on men within geneologies of that time, and times prior.

thus through Mary, Jesus is a descent of David, and hence of Judah.