• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soleimani was on a peace mission with Saudi Arabia

Laika

Premium Member
The speaker is impartial and wrong.

You're welcome to fill in the gaps and point out where they are wrong if you want. But I guess it's long and complicated, so if not I understand. :)

sooda

Veteran Member
You're welcome to fill in the gaps and point out where they are wrong if you want. But I guess it's long and complicated, so if not I understand. :)

Until 1979 Saudi Arabia had good relations with Iran .. flew in and out of their airspace for decades.. When Iran bombed the Khobar Towers they screwed up big time..

The conflict is very one sided.. Saudi Arabia doesn't want or need anything from Iran.. nor does it want to convert or control Iran.

KSA wants peace in the region and for HAMAS and Hezbollah to stop stirring sh*t.

Laika

Premium Member
Until 1979 Saudi Arabia had good relations with Iran .. flew in and out of their airspace for decades.. When Iran bombed the Khobar Towers they screwed up big time..

The conflict is very one sided.. Saudi Arabia doesn't want or need anything from Iran.. nor does it want to convert or control Iran.

KSA wants peace in the region and for HAMAS and Hezbollah to stop stirring sh*t.

That makes sense if the Saudis basically want to stay in control and keep the status quo, whilst Iran wants to stir things up to continue it revolution around the region.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
So basically Trump lied a great big whopper, he didn't assassinate Soleimani to prevent bloodshed but rather to prevent Peace, since Trump really wants a war.

sooda

Veteran Member
That makes sense if the Saudis basically want to stay in control and keep the status quo, whilst Iran wants to stir things up to continue it revolution around the region.

Iran should be peaceful and prosperous.. They straddle the oil corridor.. I don't know what the hell is wrong with them or why they can't leave little Lebanon alone.

Oil_Corridor.png

sooda

Veteran Member
So basically Trump lied a great big whopper, he didn't assassinate Soleimani to prevent bloodshed but rather to prevent Peace, since Trump really wants a war.

Mark Esper came from Raytheon when no one else wanted the job.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Liars lie. Trump lies all the time. I don't believe anything coming from liars including in this case. And to use his language, why should I believe a traitor and those whose jobs depend on a traitor anyway.

Americans will die because of Trumps war with Iran and presumably soon their ally Iraq and no doubt Syria as well as armed and bolstered by Russia and China.

Would you perhaps believe any of the following sources: Bahrain, Canada or the U.S. government under Obama who've designated Qud Force, which indisputably was led by its dearly departed leader Qassem Soleimani, as a terrorist organization?

Laika

Premium Member

I've heard on reddit that there were some sources from the Pentagon saying that the military give Trump a range of options to make a decision. This includes an extreme one to make the others look more reasonable. Trump picked the "wrong" option and gave the order to assassinate Soleimani. I can't find the original source though and you probably couldn't confirm it anyway.

So it's more likely that Trump was spectacularly incompetent at exactly the wrong moment. Or as the Simpson's put it:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Iran should be peaceful and prosperous.. They straddle the oil corridor.. I don't know what the hell is wrong with them or why they can't leave little Lebanon alone.

Oil_Corridor.png

There's good news now for America! Ever since 2018 with Donald J. Trump as our P.O.T.U.S. , the U.S.A. has become energy independent; this meaning our nation no longer needs to concern itself with imports of oil from the Middle East. Hip Hip Hooray! There's no reason anymore for anybody's blood to be spilled in order for America to meet its demand for oil. ...:)

The U.S. Gulf Coast became a net exporter of crude oil in late 2018 - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I question if anyone other than the president really understands. What's really the need for the US to be in the ME. I suspect we are still afraid of Russia.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Some in Washington have traditionally argued that because the United States has entered the region eschewing colonial ambitions, championing the rule of law and the authority of the United Nations, and seeking economic growth and political stability, America stands out as a singular and responsible overseer. Most of those in the Middle East and most independent Western observers, however, see the United States’ role as far less benign, citing U.S. support for repressive and corrupt monarchies, the exploitative practices by American oil companies and other multinational corporations, the promotion of a secular and materialistic lifestyle, the highly prejudicial use of the UN Security Council, the arming and bankrolling of a militaristic and expansionist Israel, destabilization efforts against internationally recognized governments, and periodic military interventions.
Continuing Storm: The U.S. Role in the Middle East - Institute for Policy Studies

Why are we there? Not sure I know the answer for that.