• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soleimani was on a peace mission with Saudi Arabia

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
And?
As I see it, there are unsubstantiated claims being made by both sides.
Until such time as said unsubstantiated claims are substantiated, it appears to be nothing more than grandstanding.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Evidently, U.S. Commander-in-Chief Donald J. Trump along with the U.S. military doesn't give the leader of terrorists like Qassem Soleimani a chance to play peace negotiator.. Until General Qassem Soleimani's earthly demise, he was leader of the Qud force of whom Canada and the U.S. government during the Obama Administration had designated as being a terrorist organization.

Anyways, since terrorist Qud Force General Soleimani was known to be waging war against American troops rather than making peace with them there in Iraq, I do understand why our Commander-in-Chief had him taken out by our U.S. military.

I'm hopeful that the terrorist Qud force's dearly departed Soleimani will prevent American troops from being killed or maimed by Iranian-made roadside bombs. If American troops were to leave Iraq for her and her allies to fend for themselves, I'm confident they will do a bang-up job with combating Islamic extremists.

Last edited:

Laika

Premium Member

I'm going to sit and wait on this one before I pick sides. There will be a lot of "he said", "she said" over the next few days so we are only going to get a better picture of what happened and why as people get the time to uncover it.

However, at a guess, I suspect this is meant to directly question the power of the U.S. President to authorise the assassination if it can be demonstrated to be without cause. That may have legal ramifications under international law and require some "official" investigation of some-kind as part of efforts to resolve the tensions in US-Iranian relations. Just a guess though.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Here's a novel idea: maybe (remember, this is just speculation on my part), MAYBE he was capable of chewing gum and walking at the same time...MAYBE he was heading to a peace discussion with Saudi officials, and at the same time involved in--but separately--planning attacks on the US...

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Here's a novel idea: maybe (remember, this is just speculation on my part), MAYBE he was capable of chewing gum and walking at the same time...MAYBE he was heading to a peace discussion with Saudi officials, and at the same time involved in--but separately--planning attacks on the US...
Which brings up another point...
If it is true that he was actively making plans to attack Americans, what difference does it make what he was doing at the time of death?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Evidently, U.S. Commander-in-Chief Donald J. Trump along with the U.S. military doesn't give the leader of terrorists like Qassem Soleimani a chance to play peace negotiator.. Until General Qassem Soleimani's earthly demise, he was leader of the Qud force of whom Canada and the U.S. government during the Obama Administration had designated as being a terrorist organization.

Anyways, since terrorist Qud Force General Soleimani was known to be waging war against American troops rather than making peace with them there in Iraq, I do understand why our Commander-in-Chief had him taken out by our U.S. military.

I'm hopeful that the terrorist Qud force's dearly departed Soleimani will prevent American troops from being killed or maimed by Iranian-made roadside bombs. If American troops were to leave Iraq for her and her allies to fend for themselves, I'm confident they will do a bang-up job with combating Islamic extremists.
Liars lie. Trump lies all the time. I don't believe anything coming from liars including in this case. And to use his language, why should I believe a traitor and those whose jobs depend on a traitor anyway.

Americans will die because of Trumps war with Iran and presumably soon their ally Iraq and no doubt Syria as well as armed and bolstered by Russia and China.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Which brings up another point...
If it is true that he was actively making plans to attack Americans, what difference does it make what he was doing at the time of death?
He was an official of the Iranian government carrying out the will of the Iranian government with their full approval.

sooda

Veteran Member
I'm going to sit and wait on this one before I pick sides. There will be a lot of "he said", "she said" over the next few days so we are only going to get a better picture of what happened and why as people get the time to uncover it.

However, at a guess, I suspect this is meant to directly question the power of the U.S. President to authorise the assassination if it can be demonstrated to be without cause. That may have legal ramifications under international law and require some "official" investigation of some-kind as part of efforts to resolve the tensions in US-Iranian relations. Just a guess though.

KSA and Iran have been trying for months to agree to the end the Yemen war.. The meeting had been in the works for a while.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I think that is overstating it a bit. What it seems was happening was that Iraq was brokering some tentative negotiations between Saudi Arabia and Iran. Soleimani was on his way to meet the Prime Minister of Iraq to discuss this when he was assassinated, according to the PM himself. More here: The reason Qassem Soleimani was in Baghdad shows how complex the Iran crisis is | Kim Sengupta

sooda

Veteran Member
I think that is overstating it a bit. What it seems was happening was that Iraq was brokering some tentative negotiations between Saudi Arabia and Iran. Soleimani was on his way to meet the Prime Minister of Iraq to discuss this when he was assassinated, according to the PM himself. More here: Popper on evolution | ScienceBlogs

Yep.. the Arab press has been buzzing about this for weeks.

Laika

Premium Member
KSA and Iran have been trying for months to agree to the end the Yemen war.. The meeting had been in the works for a while.

I'm really badly informed on this but I will share this video on Iran and Saudi Arabia which may help others understand a bit more.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
To bad he didn't decide to go on a peace mission before killing 600 US soldiers and maiming many, many others.
If George Bush was assassinated by an Iraqi, would all the deaths caused by his invasion of Iraq justify the homicide in your opinion?
Tom