• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Socks'n Sandals

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But... Why not just wear well ventilated running shoes? All the same benefits, better comfort, and I don't have to see your socks. :D
Running shoes aren't as comfy.
Sandals offer total toe....
OIP.eJ6bV89V7gWWzOfpWZQ6AgHaEK

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I like the ancient Romans, wear socks and sandals all year round.

I find the combination cooler in summer and warmer in winter, than shoes.

When the snow is deep I will wear boots. And if I want to dress up I will put on shoes for the minimum period possible. In sand and on grit tracks I will remove the socks.

Works for me, and I have done it all my life. Can't remember before I was 3 but I am 86 now.
What do people think? Why should I care?
At my daughter's wedding I wore shoes with my tail suit. And sandals with it in the evening.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Why American tourists rock by a former barman:

- The accents are amazing (except that weird pan-US blandly hiding-where-you-come-from accent). Texan accents are positively eargasmic
- The tips are wild
- Bolder/cheekier than your average tourist
- They all describe themselves as "Scattish" which is funny and charming
- They complain loudly about the weather which is a national pastime here in Rainland
- Much more friendly and chatty (and considerate) than European tourists
- Socks and sandals rock

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like the ancient Romans, wear socks and sandals all year round.

I find the combination cooler in summer and warmer in winter, than shoes.

When the snow is deep I will wear boots. And if I want to dress up I will put on shoes for the minimum period possible. In sand and on grit tracks I will remove the socks.

Works for me, and I have done it all my life. Can't remember before I was 3 but I am 86 now.
What do people think? Why should I care?
At my daughter's wedding I wore shoes with my tail suit. And sandals with it in the evening.
Reminds me of a wedding we were once invited to.
It was outdoors, but the invitation specified formal wear.
Despite some resistance on the home front, I planned
to wear a rather formal Hawaiian shirt.
At the wedding, all was fine. They knew I'd wear one.
But with some sense of propriety still afflicting me, I wore
shoes....comfy shoes.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Ya'll can try wearing leather socks (Khuffs or other types) with your sandals so they look like fancy-schmancy boots.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Socks & sandals rule!

Whatever people want to wear is what they want to wear. The U.S. is a free country, and I've heard that some of those countries in Europe are kind of free. Or at least, they don't have laws against socks and sandals.

Although my own personal opinion is that wearing socks and sandals is comparable to guys who make this kind of fashion statement:

flat-butt-how-to-keep-pants-from-falling-down-feature.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Whatever people want to wear is what they want to wear. The U.S. is a free country, and I've heard that some of those countries in Europe are kind of free. Or at least, they don't have laws against socks and sandals.

Although my own personal opinion is that wearing socks and sandals is comparable to guys who make this kind of fashion statement:

flat-butt-how-to-keep-pants-from-falling-down-feature.jpg
Socks'n sandals are all about comfort,
with no consideration of style at all.
But low ride'n pants are a fashion statement.
An uncomfortable one.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Socks'n sandals are all about comfort,
with no consideration of style at all.
But low ride'n pants are a fashion statement.
An uncomfortable one.

Is it uncomfortable, though? I imagine it'd get pretty breezy... On a hot summer's day, maybe it's refreshing to get a nice sudden breeze over one's toosh? It'd be like Poseidon's kiss, only dryer. :D