• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, What's Up? II

Sahar

What's up? :)
First off, I want to say I love you for God's sake.
We are almost in the middle of Ramadan. How do you describe your performance in Ramadan until now? Satisfied? A little lazy and want to improve?
How is the Tarweeeh prayer with you? Reading the Qur'an?
How are you all doing?

One of the things I like most is praying the Tarweeh (night prayer) at the mosque. At a mosque where the Imam's voice is humble and sweet. However, in this Ramadan, I didn't pray at the mosque at all and I am really sad. Ah the du'a at the mosque is amazing, I am missing it.
Before this Ramadan, I said I will do this and that and Ramadan this year is going to be different, why? it's holiday and I have no excuse but now I am not really pleased with myself. :(

The good thing I believe I am doing is that I am watching a good collection of religious shows and programes which encourage and remind me and give me hope.

Okay, do you have suggestions so that I can improve myself and my worship in Ramadan?

BTW, a year ago, I started "So, What's Up?" thread. It was in Ramadan too. :)

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Thank you for the thread my dear sister. Time really flies by very quickly and ten days of Ramdan has already passed.
I am still unsatisfied with my worship this Ramadan. I need to improve my worship and to double my good deeds. I believe we need all to make a lot of du'a so as Allah helps us and supports us to worship Him more and double our `ibada during this great blessed month. Also watching religious programs help a lot to increase one's iman and knowledge in deen. The environment also, I mean the company that surrounds you during the day plays a great role in encouraging you if they are good company "suhba assaliha".
May Allah grant us all a suhba assaliha and increae our iman and our worship during Ramadan and also after Ramadan, and may He keep us firm on the right path, ameen!!

Sahar

Thanks Lilithu!! :) :)

Peace, there is a hadith if we applied, I believe our worship will be much more easier.
The Prophet pbuh said: “No human ever filled a vessel worse than the stomach. Sufficient for any son of Adam are some morsels to keep his back straight. But if it must be, then one third for his food, one third for his drink and one third for his breath.”

The day before yesterday, we were invited to have Iftar in my brother's house. You know in such invitations, all kinds of food and drink you can find....in this day I ate too much and filled my stomach to a degree I wasn't able to walk and return to my home. LOL!! :D Of course I couldn't pray Taraweeh or pray the Sunnah of Al Fajr or watch the religious programs that I usually watch after Al Fajr...I couldn't do anything and I went to sleep. Yesterday, I was all the day sick...and sleeping.
On the other hand, when I eat a small meal and don't fill my stomach, I find myself active and my sleep is moderate and light to pray, read...etc.
We say "I was fasting and I have the right to eat what I want now!!!" Some people really can't go or continue praying Taraweeh at the mosque because of their full stomach. Ramadan now is known as the month of food not the month of fasting!!! It's really amazing how we turn things upside down.

I think one of many things that we should train ourselves on in this month is how to control our nafs, ourselves when eating. In our eating, we go above the amounts required to give us energy by many levels and this makes us lazy and sleep much and after this we complain of our increased weight!!
If we applied this hadith in our life, we will be much more active and healthier and can get more benefit of our time.

Last edited:

Peace

Quran & Sunnah
Thanks Lilithu!! :) :)

Peace, there is a hadith if we applied, I believe our worship will be much more easier.
The Prophet pbuh said: “No human ever filled a vessel worse than the stomach. Sufficient for any son of Adam are some morsels to keep his back straight. But if it must be, then one third for his food, one third for his drink and one third for his breath.”

The day before yesterday, we were invited to have Iftar in my brother's house. You know in such invitations, all kinds of food and drink you can find....in this day I ate too much and filled my stomach to a degree I wasn't able to walk and return to my home. LOL!! :D Of course I couldn't pray Taraweeh or pray the Sunnah of Al Fajr or watch the religious programs that I usually watch after Al Fajr...I couldn't do anything and I went to sleep. Yesterday, I was all the day sick...and sleeping.
On the other hand, when I eat a small meal and don't fill my stomach, I find myself active and my sleep is moderate and light to pray, read...etc.
We say "I was fasting and I have the right to eat what I want now!!!" Some people really can't go or continue praying Taraweeh at the mosque because of their full stomach. Ramadan now is known as the month of food not the month of fasting!!! It's really amazing how we turn things upside down.

I think one of many things that we should train ourselves on in this month is how to control our nafs, ourselves when eating. In our eating, we go above the amounts required to give us energy by many levels and this makes us lazy and sleep much and after this we complain of our increased weight!!
If we applied this hadith in our life, we will be much more active and healthier and can get more benefit of our time.

Ya subhanallah, you know what two days ago my sister talked to me about this hadith telling me that most people do not apply the golden advice of our our dear Prophet peace be upon him. If we follow his advice in our daily life we will surely be healthier and feel no more the laziness and tiredness we normally feel while eating so much.
I do my best in Ramadan to eat moderately so as not to have a full stomach and thus be able to concentrate and pray taraweeh prayers and alhamadulillah I even lose some weight 1-2 kilos :D
Very true dear sister if we control our nafs and train it we will surely succeed both in this life and the hearafter! May Allah help us to control our nafs and not let our nafs control us, and may He support us and help us in our 'ibadah.

We will live by the Quran!

Last edited:

Sahar

alhamadulillah I even lose some weight 1-2 kilos :D
Good for you :D
My achievement this Ramadan was that I didn't gain extra weight :cool: a huge achievement to me...LOL, usually my weight increases 2 kgs or something like this in Ramadan but we know that even if you didn't gain some weight in Ramadan, you will in the Eid :p...Alhamdulillah the last time I checked I almost didn't gain extra kgs. :)

Last edited:

Sahar

I am really happy to see this good number of new Muslim comers....I don't think we had all those Muslims active at one time before....and some of them are reverts masha' Allah. :)
But I really miss fullyveiled Muslimah and Mujahid Muhammad. :(