• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So it's 2018 CE, and of all the ideas/beliefs humans have held- we're the remaining players...

Which religions/movements do you see lasting another 1000 years if humans do?

• Pagan movements

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Jainism

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Judaism

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Christianity

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Islam

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Baha'i Faith

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Zoroastrian

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Atheists/Agnostics

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
Hinduism
Buddhism
Jainism
Zoroastrianism
Judaism
Christianity
Islam
Baha'i Faith
Agnostics
Atheists
Various Pagans

There are other new religious and thought movements that are minor, and it remains to be seen if they will survive or not.

Given the tendency of humans to wipe out or assimilate other ideologies- do you recognize how against the odds it actually is that your worldview has survived until today? There is something about the thought movements and religions mentioned that would seem to set them apart from others- whatever that might mean.

Do you realize that your ideology/worldview surviving into the future, in part depends on your zeal for it, and willingness to stand by it?

This is very interesting- is it not? What are the odds that a religion survives for even 2000 years? Much less millennia?

We could argue about the political factors that might have played in favor for these religions, but having looked at all of them- I must admit they all contain rather fascinating insights and interesting ideas for consideration. I don't think it is merely due to politics they have survived. They all seem rather concerned with the human condition and it's problems.

What do you say?

If people start to actually start thinking reasonably in large numbers, which I doubt will change much, all religious movements but atheism and deism will die out. And agnosticism is not just a form of atheism, it's merely an expression of doubt which should be appended to any belief system, as in I'm an agnostic-deist. The only other reasonable stance on the existence of God, is agnostic-deism. The rest are all "revealed" hearsay--with the non-participating materialists and nihilists on the periphery.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
I suppose @ThePainefulTruth, that depends too for the believers, on what the nature of their religion is according to it's claims. If a religion truly is not from humans (granting it's claims are true)- presumably it may be protected and grown under unknown forces?

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
I suppose @ThePainefulTruth, that depends too for the believers, on what the nature of their religion is according to it's claims. If a religion truly is not from humans (granting it's claims are true)- presumably it may be protected and grown under unknown forces?

What revealed/miraculous religion is not dependent on hearsay revelations and miracles? There's a reason God would not interfere, free will. What revealed religion is protected from editing, the vagaries of language, much less outright contradictions, requiring curses on those who add to or take away from it? Buddhism is no different.