• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sleeping in the nude.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
There is a necessary element needed for that to be possible..And from what I understand if that element is present for more than 4 hours straight you should go to the emergency room..At least thats what the commercials say...

Love

Dallas
Is that true for a naturally occuring EF (as opposed to ED), or just for a chemically induced one?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Is that true for a naturally occuring EF (as opposed to ED), or just for a chemically induced one?

Yes, it's a medical condition called priapism, and can be quite serious. Wikipedia claims it's a "medical emergency". Seeing how webMD suggests it can be the result of anything from medication side effects to a ruptured artery, I'd be inclined to agree.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
LOL hehe.... Gotta love RF.

You linked to an Office video. I love you now. :yes: Oh yea and Frubals for that!

(BTW the premiere was tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I laughed, I CRIED, I clapped, I jumped up and down...I was SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Ahem, okmore about sleeping nakie... :p

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
Talking about sleeping in the nude, should those who wish to be in the nude all the time in private and in public, (and I do not doubt there would be many who would so wish to be), have a legal right to be so? Should there be a movement to 'fight' for this right?

Worshipper

Given all the religions that involve nudity in their worship, and given the fact that one person's nudity causes no measurable harm to anyone else, I definitely think people's right to be publicly nude should be recognized.

When I learned about Digambara Jain monks, for example, I felt really sad and a tiny bit indignant that their religion couldn't legally be practiced in my country.

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
The Digambara Jain monks are always in the nude but when they move in public they are encircled by their devotees so that their nudity is not visible to the public.

What about the famous naturist clubs of America? I have read that in Denmark they have a whole township where you can go nude. Is it true?

In India there is an Ashram (a spiritual centre, you might say) where its inmates stay in the nude, but when they come out of the inner chambers of their sprawling centre, they wear minimal cloths while interacting with visitors. Of course, their philosophy goes much beyond just nudity. They practice long hours of meditation, prepare high quality herbal medicines and sell them at outlets for their income and practice communal sex. Well, that's another story.

There is also a temple in India to which you have to streak in the nude after bath from a river and be in the presence of the goddess deity in your birthday suit. Being naked before God! But what else can we be before God?

By the way, is there a difference in usage of the words nude and naked?

Worshipper

By the way, is there a difference in usage of the words nude and naked?
Nude is a little more genteel, I think. Nude pictures are art; naked pictures are naughty (in the speaker's mind). That kind of thing. The difference is slight, though. It's not like it's crass to say someone is naked. Naked is, I think, the more normal word. Nude just lends a bit of gentility to it.

Naked can be used metaphorically (a naked sword, the naked truth), while nude can't so well. Except nude can refer to the color of fair-skinned naked Europeans (a pair of nude stockings), and naked can't.

AshleyLove.

AshleyLove & FrankiiBaby.
Hahaha, I've tried it. But, I don't do it anymore because I toss and turn sooo much in bed. And my blankets usually end up like...on the other side of my house throughout the night. Lol. Then I'm laying in bed, cold and all exposed. Soooo...yeahhhh. I sleep with clothes. Plus, it's freeeezing in my bedroom. :[

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I like it, but at the same time I always worry "What if someone breaks in and I have to run from the house" lol

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I tried it for the first time last night ironically. I had this constant fear some weird fungus would find its way up my pooper canal. It was comfortable but kept me worrying all night.

The though of this greenish brown fungal creature crawling out of my rear just haunted me all of that night