• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slavery

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
In other words, I'm not a slave. Got it. :handok:

But I'm not asking me, since I already know that I'm not a slave. I was asking you. So the question still stands, who is your master that has enslaved you?
You're a slave to many things, whether you like it or not or whether you agree with it or not. No use answering your question when you can't comprehend the simple fact of life.

YoursTrue

I had no idea this thread was still going. People are that passionate about defending rape and slavery; two of the most sick, twisted, and heinous things that you could do to another human being?
Their "faith" has stripped them of their humanity and are nothing more than mindless automatons.
No one that I see is defending rape and for you to say otherwise is off the mark. But no matter how you call it, we're all slaves to something, even if it's the air we breathe or the fact we need to eat. I think you're thinking of a cruel type of slavery. Just to set it straight, I'm certainly not defending that.

YoursTrue

Expectations has nothing to do with consensual sex. Having a dinner and a movie date at home has no expectations of sex, and yet, "date rape" can still occur.

Sorry, but just because you have that idea in your head, it doesn't mean that's how it is. First and foremost, you're not a man, just because you want to have sex so you decided to dress provocatively, it doesn't mean that men automatically want to have sex with you. The flaw in your reasoning is that, not everyone who dressed like that ends up having sex at the end of the night.

Here's an advice from a man to a woman, dressing like that isn't a guarantee that you are going to get laid.

Another advice, if someone wants to have sex and are willing to rape another to get it, that person is not going to care about how somebody is dressed. Just because you prefer to dressed conservatively, it doesn't mean that you can't and/or won't be a rape victim. So yea, it's not the victim's fault. And I am talking about victims, regardless of their gender.
Some people have a hard time controlling their reactions or don't want to. Unfortunately society is generally not geared up to deal with it as if to help people cope with a "gut reaction." Or a maniac.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
No one that I see is defending rape and for you to say otherwise is off the mark. But no matter how you call it, we're all slaves to something, even if it's the air we breathe or the fact we need to eat. I think you're thinking of a cruel type of slavery. Just to set it straight, I'm certainly not defending that.
No stupid metaphors justify the literal ownership of another human being.

YoursTrue

No stupid metaphors justify the literal ownership of another human being.
P.S. There is a lot of slavery in the kind you're speaking of. A horrible kind. You are not going to, and cannot set them free. There are child slaves, female and male slaves in some deplorable, horrible conditions. Only God can straighten things like that out. But if you don't believe that, I'll be wondering if you'll offer to form some effort that will set all slaves free. (It ain't gonna happen in this world...)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
P.S. There is a lot of slavery in the kind you're speaking of. A horrible kind. You are not going to, and cannot set them free. There are child slaves, female and male slaves in some deplorable, horrible conditions. Only God can straighten things like that out. But if you don't believe that, I'll be wondering if you'll offer to form some effort that will set all slaves free. (It ain't gonna happen in this world...)
A god who can but won't is worthless and unworthy of worship.

YoursTrue

A god who can but won't is worthless and unworthy of worship.
Obviously you're not able to. Your friends are not able to. So? You don't like it? I don't like the way the world is either. But then, you're not able to clear things up. Neither am I.

YoursTrue

Not alone as individuals, no. But together as a society differences can and have been made.
I'm glad you said that. Not sure what country you're from, but let's see how lying, stealing, cheating, drug addiction, child abuse, abuse of women and men, will change by what you are referring to as societal means. Maybe you think the world won't need jails. :)

YoursTrue

Not alone as individuals, no. But together as a society differences can and have been made.
It's true that some things have changed. But society in general is still suffering, and reading the news, suffering in a big way. And people and children are suffering in many ways. I see that some individuals literally buy out a slave in other countries, but as my father said, you're never going to change the world. Only a much higher power beyond human can do that. All the good wishes and efforts of people as it stands today will not change things in general. People who have suffered in abject lives have suffered greatly, and they may be happy if they see someone else happy, but again, all the good works you or I can do will not, I repeat not, change the way things are. Just look now at the protests and guns and violence. Someone I know was just in a head-on collision. Why?
Also be careful they say of the water we drink. It could have the CV19 floating around in it. Too bad for those who have died of the brain-eating amoeba. Too bad for all those who have died as a result of poor treatment. Too bad for all those who have had miserable lives. Let me tell you now -- you can't help them. This does not mean that you or I should drink polluted water. But it means that it's beyond your power and my power and anyone else's power on this earth to fix things up for all.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'm glad you said that. Not sure what country you're from, but let's see how lying, stealing, cheating, drug addiction, child abuse, abuse of women and men, will change by what you are referring to as societal means. Maybe you think the world won't need jails. :)
Again, the world is still a dark place, but people plural have, can, and do make it just a little brighter.
I'm sure you've heard this one before:

One day, the old man was walking along a beach that was littered with thousands of starfish that had been washed ashore by the high tide. As he walked he came upon a young boy who was eagerly throwing the starfish back into the ocean, one by one.

Puzzled, the man looked at the boy and asked what he was doing.

The young boy paused, looked up, and replied “Throwing starfish into the ocean. The tide has washed them up onto the beach and they can’t return to the sea by themselves,” the boy replied. “When the sun gets high, they will die, unless I throw them back into the water.”

The old man replied, “But there must be tens of thousands of starfish on this beach. I’m afraid you won’t really be able to make much of a difference.”

The boy bent down, picked up yet another starfish and threw it as far as he could into the ocean. Then he turned, smiled and said, “It made a difference to that one!”

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's true that some things have changed. But society in general is still suffering, and reading the news, suffering in a big way. And people and children are suffering in many ways. I see that some individuals literally buy out a slave in other countries, but as my father said, you're never going to change the world. Only a much higher power beyond human can do that. All the good wishes and efforts of people as it stands today will not change things in general. People who have suffered in abject lives have suffered greatly, and they may be happy if they see someone else happy, but again, all the good works you or I can do will not, I repeat not, change the way things are. Just look now at the protests and guns and violence. Someone I know was just in a head-on collision. Why?
Also be careful they say of the water we drink. It could have the CV19 floating around in it. Too bad for those who have died of the brain-eating amoeba. Too bad for all those who have died as a result of poor treatment. Too bad for all those who have had miserable lives. Let me tell you now -- you can't help them. This does not mean that you or I should drink polluted water. But it means that it's beyond your power and my power and anyone else's power on this earth to fix things up for all.
A great many things are better now than they were 25, 50, 100, 1'000, 10'000 years ago, and a great many things we can make better yet. We've seen progress. We've made it happen. Two hands working do more than a thousand clasped in prayer. Believe what you will, but kindly step aside for those moving forward.

YoursTrue

Again, the world is still a dark place, but people plural have, can, and do make it just a little brighter.
I'm sure you've heard this one before:

One day, the old man was walking along a beach that was littered with thousands of starfish that had been washed ashore by the high tide. As he walked he came upon a young boy who was eagerly throwing the starfish back into the ocean, one by one.

Puzzled, the man looked at the boy and asked what he was doing.

The young boy paused, looked up, and replied “Throwing starfish into the ocean. The tide has washed them up onto the beach and they can’t return to the sea by themselves,” the boy replied. “When the sun gets high, they will die, unless I throw them back into the water.”

The old man replied, “But there must be tens of thousands of starfish on this beach. I’m afraid you won’t really be able to make much of a difference.”

The boy bent down, picked up yet another starfish and threw it as far as he could into the ocean. Then he turned, smiled and said, “It made a difference to that one!”
I am a musician but also a Bible student. I love certain kinds of music. Some types of music amuse me, make me feel good and I appreciate the composer too. But we all face the same outcome. Guess what that is?
And furthermore, this is not fatalistic -- it's real. Many people do not have the opportunity to enjoy beautiful music. Not necessarily because they're deaf, but because they live in such terrible horrible circumstances that only God (a yes, much, much higher power) can help them. And He will. I'm not going to argue with you about this because I know what happened to me and I know it's only God, the One you don't believe in, that can and will do this. And more than that.

YoursTrue

A great many things are better now than they were 25, 50, 100, 1'000, 10'000 years ago, and a great many things we can make better yet. We've seen progress. We've made it happen. Two hands working do more than a thousand clasped in prayer. Believe what you will, but kindly step aside for those moving forward.
Those who hands are clasped in prayer should help, not hurt, their fellow human being, also the animals. And the environment. So you figure it out, you're a smart guy -- I suppose you're a male with the name "Father Heathen," but you never know. Good night. I keep saying good night but I think this time it really is time to close up.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I am a musician but also a Bible student. I love certain kinds of music. Some types of music amuse me, make me feel good and I appreciate the composer too. But we all face the same outcome. Guess what that is?
And furthermore, this is not fatalistic -- it's real. Many people do not have the opportunity to enjoy beautiful music. Not necessarily because they're deaf, but because they live in such terrible horrible circumstances that only God (a yes, much, much higher power) can help them. And He will. I'm not going to argue with you about this because I know what happened to me and I know it's only God, the One you don't believe in, that can and will do this. And more than that.

Not sure what point you're trying to make with music, but I never said that I didn't believe in god; I just don't place any value in how others perceive or portray god; it's worthless presumptions to me.

night912

You're a slave to many things,
You mean those many things that you failed demonstrate. Got it.:handok:
Inanimate objects cannot own a person as property. Inanimate objects cannot choose to own a person as property.

whether you like it or not
I like to see your answer to my question, and not these dodging responses that you're posting.

or whether you agree with it or not.
I'm still waiting for you to tell me who your master is, before I can agree with you or not.

No use answering your question when you can't comprehend the simple fact of life.
Ah. Just as I thought, the typical and usual response given by all those who dodges questions that are being asked, due to being an irrational person with a big ego. Eventually, they will give a response that aligns with this similar excuse......"I am going to avoid answering your question because I am right, and you are wrong because I know more than you, that's why you're not understanding." Shifting the attention towards their opponent, usually accusing their opponents of doing and/or being something in particular. It's an attempt to cover their evidential ignorance and/or irrational reasonings they showed earlier.

Let's see.

"No use answering your question....." - avoid answering the question

"....when you can't comprehend the simple fact of life." - shifting the attention to their opponent, accusing their opponents of doing and/or being something in particular.

- attempt to cover their evidential ignorance and/or irrational reasonings they showed earlier.

These comments in particular.
Lol so you're not a slave to your body and its needs, is that it? Food isn't usually dropping into your lap, is it?
Maybe you think you're your own master? (By the way, consider that the answer to your question.)

So, going by your logic, you are a slave owned by you, all while being the master of you. :facepalm: