• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

similarities among religions

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Christianity has no similarities. You either accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God or you do not. If you do you go to heaven. If you do not you do not go to heaven. Pretty simple, really.
The Gods know I would loathe to have my religion thrown in with yours.

DavidFirth

But, those are not simple concepts, as evidenced by the hordes of creationists who don't understand anything about them.

Well, once you get them both nailed down so that you all agree on one of the vastly different theories, maybe we'll sit down and discuss it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
there are many similarities among religions and denominations. people focus on the differences and start religious wars and terrorism and they shun the similarities. so I want to mention some similarities. christianity and islam both have fasting. catholics and orthodox venerate common saints. christianity and hinduism have a trinity concept. all religions as far as I know have a soul/spirit concept. and the list continues.
Not all with a soul spirit concept. ..;0)

There does seem to be an across the board theme among religions where a problem is identified for which needs "fixing".

David1967

Premium Member
there are many similarities among religions and denominations. people focus on the differences and start religious wars and terrorism and they shun the similarities. so I want to mention some similarities. christianity and islam both have fasting. catholics and orthodox venerate common saints. christianity and hinduism have a trinity concept. all religions as far as I know have a soul/spirit concept. and the list continues.

Not to mention that Buddha and Jesus said many of the same things. Check out "Buddha and Jesus the Parallel sayings". Perhaps God has revealed Himself at different times to different cultures.

David1967

Premium Member
Christianity has no similarities. You either accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God or you do not. If you do you go to heaven. If you do not you do not go to heaven. Pretty simple, really.

What about one who never heard of Jesus? Does God say "sucks to be you" and throw them into fire? I sincerely doubt that. The mercy of God must be greater than the limitations of man.

DavidFirth

I don't bother engage in discussions with people on subjects they aren't interested in learning about.

Like I said, when you can present hard evidence that one of your theories is actual fact then we'll discuss it. I have no interest in guessing games. You're right about that.

DavidFirth

What about one who never heard of Jesus? Does God say "sucks to be you" and throw them into fire? I sincerely doubt that. The mercy of God must be greater than the limitations of man.

Not sure what you are saying here. Whatever happens I am sure that the Most Holy Most High will make the wisest decision no matter how hard the case.