• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shutdown causes LGA to halt flights

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
CNN's now reporting that it should only last another hour:

Ground stop at LaGuardia is expected for another hour

From CNN's Rene Marsh

There is a ground stop at New York City's LaGuardia Airport right now. The ground stop will go on for about another hour, according to an FAA spokesman.

The ground stop was ordered as a way to clear congestion caused by the staffing issues and the resulting slowdown of traffic.

Live updates: Shutdown causes delays at airports - CNN

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
My initial reaction is Great!

I am glad to see the pain of the Trump Shut Down spreading beyond the faceless government drones who aren't getting paychecks. They're as easy to hate as some teenage white boys in MAGA hats.
Tom

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They need to start replacing the term Government Shutdown, with Trump's Ego, in all future news reporting. "Flights into NY were halted today as a continuing result of Trump's Ego". "Trumps Ego forces government workers to seek food at homeless shelters". "Trump's Ego results in yet another Twitter Tantrum overnight." Well maybe the last one, just because. :)

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
The American people lack empathy so this is a fine alternative: inconvenience.

Riders

I am glad to see the pain of the Trump Shut Down spreading beyond the faceless government drones who aren't getting paychecks. They're as easy to hate as some teenage white boys in MAGA hats.
Tom
Its getting old fast.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Tom
That makes no sense whatsoever. But since you consider air traffic controllers to be "faceless government DRONES", then I suppose you would be perfectly happy if they disappeared.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But meanwhile, the Republicans in the Senate are finally just starting to discover that they have a role to play other than Donny's doormat or if you prefer stop hiding under their beds.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
That makes no sense whatsoever. But since you consider air traffic controllers to be "faceless government DRONES", then I suppose you would be perfectly happy if they disappeared.
You appear to have completely misunderstood my post.
Prior to things that cause problems for people who don't work for the government, it was easy to dismiss the problems caused by the Trump Shut Down. When it starts impacting people who dismiss the usefulness of government employees, the heat on Trump (and his Republican supporters on Capitol Hill) will start burning.
Right now, an awful lot of people see this as a step towards shrinking the government until it can be drowned in a bathtub.
Tom