• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Show me the human...

Buttercup

Veteran Member
No, there probably isn't. But that sort of paranoia isn't really helpful. I'm just going by the ones I've known and what I know about the subject in general. They're not all a bunch of criminals. Many of them find lawful ways to manage it. A lot of them struggle with their situation and wouldn't want to hurt a child.

Well, that's your right. I take more of a non-judgmental approach to such things.
As a parent and as someone who is not sexually attracted to children in the slightest, it's admittedly extremely difficult to not be suspicious of a person who is sexually attracted to children. I'm not saying I object to trying to understand and being kind to that person but it would be difficult to believe their side regarding what they do about their attraction.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
As a parent and as someone who is not sexually attracted to children in the slightest, it's admittedly extremely difficult to not be suspicious of a person who is sexually attracted to children. I'm not saying I object to trying to understand and being kind to that person but it would be difficult to believe their side regarding what they do about their attraction.

Well, of course. I understand how it can be hard to understand things that are so far outside of our experience. To be honest, I'm attracted to minors at times and that is one of the reasons why I've looked into this subject.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Well, of course. I understand how it can be hard to understand things that are so far outside of our experience. To be honest, I'm attracted to minors at times and that is one of the reasons why I've looked into this subject.
That's very admirable for you to admit that. Took me a long time to admit that I'm attracted to both men and women. I've never done anything about the female attraction part though.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That's very admirable for you to admit that. Took me a long time to admit that I'm attracted to both men and women. I've never done anything about the female attraction part though.

I'm not going to get involved with any minors. I'd rather do ageplay or mess with an 18 year old. Lol. :D

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Let me interject this little tidbit. Many prison inmates have children. Many severely do not like the idea of child molesters being in with them. Giving child molesters the death penalty gives them an "out" for the often permanent psychological damage they have inflicted upon a child. Life imprisonment in gen pop...that will be a constant punishment. Once it becomes common knowledge amongst the other inmates what the person is in for...their life in prison is never pretty. Just saying.

I understand you're thinking, D, but this would make us little better than the criminals we encourage. I have no problem executing child rapist and molesters because 1. it's justice befitting the crime, and 2. I would never want this sub-human ever getting chance to terrorize another child.

Wirey

Fartist
I'm against the death penalty, but in favour of this. Killing a person who harms children is no different then Atticus shooting Tim Johnson's dog.

Wirey

Fartist
Let me interject this little tidbit. Many prison inmates have children. Many severely do not like the idea of child molesters being in with them. Giving child molesters the death penalty gives them an "out" for the often permanent psychological damage they have inflicted upon a child. Life imprisonment in gen pop...that will be a constant punishment. Once it becomes common knowledge amongst the other inmates what the person is in for...their life in prison is never pretty. Just saying.

I have several relatives in prison, and I can assure you this is no longer true. Child molestors are rarely bothered in jail anymore.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Me and a friend were having a discussion about this image we saw on facebook.

Our conversation evolved into the death penalty for pedophiles subject. Since we wanted to see the pros and cons of killing someone for crimes against children, mostly the ones of sexual nature, for argument sake she took the death penalty side and I took the human rights side.
At one point she simply said "show me the human and then we'll talk about rights".
I couldn't argue any further because I think shes right. Someone who abuses a child doesn't deserve being considered a human.
I know this is a very controversial subject with very strong arguments on both sides. What I would like to know is the opinion of all of you who have children, nephews, little cousins or any other child you love. Do you agree with the death penalty for pedophiles in case of confirmed guild beyond any doubt?

Personally I horrified by how easily you strip someone of humanity.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
No way, the death penalty is way too much. Don't we ever consider that these pedophiles have some deep psychological problems, chemical imbalances, etc. and people can become compelled and obsessive in doing things. Do we know how their past made them what they are. Can't some be treated and become normal citizens.

I wanted pedophilia treated as a serious crime but some people I feel go way too emotionally over the edge on this subject.

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I am kind of in two minds about this topic. On one hand if anyone tried to hurt my siblings or kids in such a way I would take extreme action...but I also understand that it is a sickness, one that is extremely difficult to deal with.

Not all pedos touch children, I consider that perhaps there could be some kind of community they could be moved to away from children and websites without needing to kill them.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No way, the death penalty is way too much. Don't we ever consider that these pedophiles have some deep psychological problems, chemical imbalances, etc. and people can become compelled and obsessive in doing things. Do we know how their past made them what they are. Can't some be treated and become normal citizens.

I wanted pedophilia treated as a serious crime but some people I feel go way too emotionally over the edge on this subject.

Yes, people tend to become vicious pack animals when it comes to these sorts of subjects. I do support the death penalty and certainly think that psychopathic serial killers like Marc Dutroux or a Fred West should be put to death because according to what I know about psychiatry, they're not treatable and remain dangerous. I even would support the death penalty for those who torture animals to death for pleasure. However, a person who "just" molests a child? Without torture or murder? I think those people probably have treatable mental health issues and can be helped.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Been a while since I saw the text.....
'....better a mill stone be hung about his neck and thrown into the sea....'

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Life's tough, G. There's not much evidence of pedophiles being "cured". No one can guarantee that if one of these animals were back on the street that they wouldn't rob another child of their childhood at best, their lives at worse. Would you want that on your conscience if that child belong to your neighbor? Your relative? You? Who's more important here?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Life's tough, G. There's not much evidence of pedophiles being "cured". No one can guarantee that if one of these animals were back on the street that they wouldn't rob another child of their childhood at best, their lives at worse. Would you want that on your conscience if that child belong to your neighbor? Your relative? You? Who's more important here?

So do we execute everyone who admits to being attracted to minors? Do we execute everyone on the sex offender registry?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I'm not interested in the zoophilia and zoosadism comparison because I feel there is a more definitive line between those two acts. But, I'm curious to know how you define the line you think clearly separates a pedophile from a child abuser?

Honestly...if someone confessed me they fancy children, I would be so disgusted that I would never be in the same room as them.

Answer me sincerely: are there normal people who are able to be empathic with a person who is sexually aroused by kids?

I can't even imagine how dirty their mind is....these people make me puke. It doesn't matter if they never touch a child

Last edited:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Answer me sincerely: are there normal people who are able to be empathetic with a person who is sexually aroused by kids?
Personally, I think it's possible for me to be empathic with the cause of why an individual is sexually and emotionally attracted to a child. Often, there are factors in this person's childhood that contribute to the cause. Or, there's something aberrant in their mental capacity and it deserves consideration. This in no way excuses the act itself. It's in my nature to want to understand others. Plus, I think it's highly unusual for a person to admit to this inclination toward being aroused by kids. However, I think it's extremely important to keep pedophiles away from children. Period.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Personally, I think it's possible for me to be empathic with the cause of why an individual is sexually and emotionally attracted to a child. Often, there are factors in this person's childhood that contribute to the cause. Or, there's something aberrant in their mental capacity and it deserves consideration. This in no way excuses the act itself. It's in my nature to want to understand others. Plus, I think it's highly unusual for a person to admit to this inclination toward being aroused by kids. However, I think it's extremely important to keep pedophiles away from children. Period.

Precisely, and if we analyze this complicated issue from a scientific point of view, we don't go anywhere. Because it is not scientifically explainable that a 40 year old man can be sexually attracted to a 12 year old boy\girl. It deals with sexually underdeveloped beings.