• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should We Defend Iran Against An Israeli Attack?

Suave

Simulated character
Israel 'Ready to Attack Iran' as Defense Minister Says 'We Need to Take Military Action'

Israel 'Ready to Attack Iran' as Defense Minister Says 'We Need to Take Military Action'
Brendan Cole 12 hrs ago
Israel's defense minister Benny Gantz has said that his country is ready to attack Iran and that there must be a global response to the threat that the Islamic republic poses.

His comments come amid growing tensions following a deadly drone strike on an Israeli-operated tanker off the coast of Oman.

Israel, along with the U.S. and the U.K. have blamed Tehran for the attack on the Mercer Street last week that killed two people. Iran has denied involvement.

"Israel is ready to attack Iran, yes," Gantz told Ynet on Thursday.

"We are at a point where we need to take military action against Iran. The world needs to take action against Iran now," he added according to a translation of his comments tweeted by Ynet journalist Attila Somfalvi.

I'd like the U.S. and her allies to have a carbon free energy grid void of Middle East oil, thereby not having to rely on oil tankers passing through the troubled waters of the Strait of Hormuz. No blood for oil! From my electric vehicle to its battery charged carbonless power source at the Exelon Dresden Nuclear Power Station in Morris, IL, I consumer zero fossil fuels. I wish everybody didn't have a carbon footprint, then there'd be no provocation of wars by attacks against oil tankers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'd like the U.S. and her allies to have a carbon free energy grid void of Middle East oil, thereby not having to rely on oil tankers passing through the troubled waters of the Strait of Hormuz. No blood for oil! From my electric vehicle to its battery charged carbonless power source at the Exelon Dresden Nuclear Power Station in Morris, IL, I consumer zero fossil fuels. I wish everybody didn't have a carbon footprint, then there'd be no provocation of wars by attacks against oil tankers.
The problems were once very much related to oil.
But these days, it doesn't appear to be so.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I realize Israel might be uneasy about Iran's nuclear ambitions, this is why we should implement the Iran nuclear deal that would delay Iran from having weapons grade Uranium.
Odd that Israel would behave in such a manner
as to incentivize Iran becoming a nuclear power.
(That's Ameristan's job.)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We attacked Iraq & Afghanistan for less death than
an attack on Iran would provoke. We defended Kuwait
against Iraq's unprovoked attack.
Do our values only exist towards our allies? Apparently
so, given that we supplied Iraq with biological, chemical
& other weapons to use in their attack on Iran.

Do you consider the costs and especially for Afghanistan the results to be worth the cost?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Brendan Cole 12 hrs ago
Israel's defense minister Benny Gantz has said that his country is ready to attack Iran and that there must be a global response to the threat that the Islamic republic poses.

His comments come amid growing tensions following a deadly drone strike on an Israeli-operated tanker off the coast of Oman.

Israel, along with the U.S. and the U.K. have blamed Tehran for the attack on the Mercer Street last week that killed two people. Iran has denied involvement.

"We are at a point where we need to take military action against Iran. The world needs to take action against Iran now," he added according to a translation of his comments tweeted by Ynet journalist Attila Somfalvi.
Israel is our ally and has been for a long time.

We Never Know

No Slack
So the world goes in, overthrows a regime, history just doesn't show a good outcome in the end. Such as Gaddafi, Hussein, and Bin Laden. Things in the long run just didn't improve, and America has a lot of responsibility for Iran being the way it is.
So, no. If Israel wants to do this they can do it on their own. I'm sure they're more than powerful enough.

When one only puts out 3/4 of the fire and leaves, the 1/4 left will become a fire again.

In others words, in my opinion either put out the fire or let it burn.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't find any country to be evil.
But countries have perpetrated evil, eg, Ameristan.
What do you think?

OK, Nazi Germany was evil.

Edit:
I observe that viewing a country as "evil" tends to
deaden empathy, creativity, peacefulness, & values.
Think about it, We got the Volkswagen and Fanta.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When one only puts out 3/4 of the fire and leaves, the 1/4 left will become a fire again.

In others words, in my opinion either put out the fire or let it burn.
There is no putting out the fire. The West has so severely messed things up, extremism makes it worse, for centuries it just doesn't end well or generally improve. It tends to get worse. Which we can reasonably anticipate when a foriegn power sets up the borders and states.

Friend of Mara

Brendan Cole 12 hrs ago

Personally staying out of it seems to be in our best interest. We know the US will support Israel because of course they will. Israel is not the defenseless weak victim of the conflict but they also aren't definitively the baddie. If anything we should support peace talks but Iran and the US are already so diametrically opposed that our presence would only harm the peace talks.

74x12

Brendan Cole 12 hrs ago

Defend Iran how? Are you serious?

I say neutrality. Iran wants the USA dead; not that I buy into all the warmongering anti-Iran narratives in the media but they definitely don't like us. That much is clear.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There's already a low level war going on with drone strikes, taking out Iran's nuclear facilities by cyber attacks, rockets going into Israel etc. Neither side is going to stop that. The question is how hot it will get.

And lest we forget, there's also a Saudi-Iran (Sunni/Shi'a) arena with a proxy war in Yemen with some hits inside Saudi Arabia itself.

It's in our national interest to keep it at the current slow boil if we can and not get overly excited with rounds of verbal sabre rattling as long as it does not threaten to escalate.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe this outburst by one minister is probably not directed towards the USA. More likely it is part of some internal politics within Israel. If it is aimed at us then the intent is to discourage us from restoring the treaty with Iran.

What Is the Iran Nuclear Deal? <-- Current state of my country (USA) and our deal with Iran's government.

Our nuclear deal with Iran is broken but may resume. That deal: the JCPOA referred to by the opening post's MSN article is also the treaty discussed in the above CFR linked article.

When Grand Doctor General Genius Amazing President Trump removed us from the treaty, Iran also stopped keeping its end of the Nuclear Non-proliferation treaty and began building centrifuges. This has put pressure upon the USA to resume the treaty. Also the USA wants to resume the treaty for other reasons. Reneging on a treaty makes us look indecisive.

Actually defending Iran? We do not have a deal with them, however one never can tell.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When Grand Doctor General Genius Amazing President Trump removed us from the treaty, Iran also stopped keeping its end of the Nuclear Non-proliferation treaty and began building centrifuges. This has put pressure upon the USA to resume the treaty. Also the USA wants to resume the treaty for other reasons. Reneging on a treaty makes us look indecisive.
That's going to make it way harder for America to do anything internationally, because no matter what, the world knows the next president may not honor treaties and back out of them and not make good on America's word.