• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should the ticks be eradicated to extinction?

Should the ticks be eradicated to extinction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should ticks be eradicated to extinction? Ticks are most famous for killing many people by poisoning humans with Lyme Diseaee and suckuing blood. Other bio-weapons can be embedded into ticks to make people weak, sick, or lead to cold hard death. Those who lost their lives to ticks will never walk on this earth again alive.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Should ticks be eradicated to extinction? Ticks are most famous for killing many people by poisoning humans with Lyme Diseaee and suckuing blood. Other bio-weapons can be embedded into ticks to make people weak, sick, or lead to cold hard death. Those who lost their lives to ticks will never walk on this earth again alive.

I don't understand. Who's going to eradicate them, and how?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What about The Tick's sidekick, Arthur?
OIP.Anv4MOGC3nyr9eX_bMXvLQHaEn

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn't miss them.

Viker

Häxan
If we're going to eradicate species into extinction for being problematic to other species, should we eradicate humans as well?

No.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No. It never ends well when we get that involved with tampering with nature. They have evolved to have their place in nature, and erradicating them would have unforeseen consequences.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not nice little critters and i could really do without them tucking themselves into the fur of our cats. However, eradicating ticks will remove an important food source from birds, reptiles and amphibians.

And i see a link to American politicians but fail to see why this is in this forum

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The most recent effort to eradicate fire ants on USA involved massive poisoning of all kinds of bugs and wound up killing birds and increasing cancers in humans as it was DDT. It also failed to eradicate fire ants.

Therefore while I absolutely would not miss ticks I believe any technical scheme capable of getting rid of ticks would also be capable of killing us all as it would require a genetic adjustment either to us, to the ticks or to the parasites they carry.

exchemist

Veteran Member
All sorts of nasty things "should" be eradicated ideally but never will, for reasons of simple practicality. Tick-borne illnesses are not major causes of premature death. Lyme disease can be avoided with reasonable care, infection is treatable and generally does not cause death, though if untreated can lead to permanent damage.

Like others here I can't see any connection to NA politics. Perhaps you might ask the mods to move this thread to Health.

The most recent effort to eradicate fire ants on USA involved massive poisoning of all kinds of bugs and wound up killing birds and increasing cancers in humans as it was DDT. It also failed to eradicate fire ants.

Therefore while I absolutely would not miss ticks I believe any technical scheme capable of getting rid of ticks would also be capable of killing us all as it would require a genetic adjustment either to us, to the ticks or to the parasites they carry.
Maybe they didn't try hard enough.