• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shopping for a religion

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
@Meerkat and @RestlessSoul, I spent the first 19 years of my life in North London (Willesden), and probably enjoyed it as much as both of you, especially all the delights of the City - our local on a Friday or Saturday (can't remember) was in Soho - and we travelled about quite a bit exploring. My first job was working in the centre - firstly by tube but later cycling in - and I perhaps wouldn't have gained my interest in reading had it not been for so many good bookstores such as Foyles or others nearby, or my interest in music with the similar stores (where they often played an album before buying such). I suppose much like any large city though.

At one time I frequented Soho with a bunch of inebriated dental students from the London Hospital.
I think Chiswick was the poshest place I lived, I had a girlfriend in Putney back then.

RestlessSoul

@Meerkat and @RestlessSoul, I spent the first 19 years of my life in North London (Willesden), and probably enjoyed it as much as both of you, especially all the delights of the City - our local on a Friday or Saturday (can't remember) was in Soho - and we travelled about quite a bit exploring. My first job was working in the centre - firstly by tube but later cycling in - and I perhaps wouldn't have gained my interest in reading had it not been for so many good bookstores such as Foyles or others nearby, or my interest in music with the similar stores (where they often played an album before buying such). I suppose much like any large city though.

A trip to Foyles on Charing Cross Road, and a browse round the second hand bookshops nearby, is still a treat for me.