• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shipwrecked!

Draka

Wonder Woman
This morning seems pretty uneventful so far. Which is a relief in comparison to the night's events. A couple of the guys are talking and the rest of the group is either waking or already up and about. It doesn't seem there is anything quite yet being done to help our situation right now. I realize it has been quite an ordeal and the adreneline has kind of worn off from last night. Hmmm...where to begin?

I know I am hungry and am sure that others are as well. With no food stores it is imperitive that some be found soon. As military as I may be, the one thing I have a hard time doing is killing anything. I am not a hunter. If pitted against man in battle for my life that is one thing...but taking an animal's life is much harder for me to do. I can eat it...just can't kill it. I suppose if the hunger is great enough I can though. Shame there are no guns here...for if it really came down to it I am a crack shot. I haven't used a bow and arrow since I was 12 and couldn't be sure of my aim now. So what to do?

"Would anyone care to join me in exploring the woods to look for food? Someone with knowledge of poisonous and edible plants would be good."

I retrieve my compass from Luke and turn back to the group.

"I'm going to have a look around and anyone willing to go is welcome."

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
I woke up on the beach of what seemed to be some kind of island, and it took a moment for me to remember all the events from the evening before. As I took in my surroundings I noticed some of the others were already awake and getting a start on the day. If only I were a bit more resourceful, but I never thougth in a million years I'd be in a situation like this one. RF was never like this online!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I suddenly remember, the fiber's from the chewed twigs should be good enought to hold an arrow to a stick, at least for one shot. I find a small chuck of stone, and I chip it until it is capable of piercing flesh. I walk around, looking for a stick that is straight, and if I can spot the fibers. I hear someone asking about going to look for food. I am not very hungry myself, but I am certain others are.
I will join you. Just give a few moments so I can find a few things to make a bow and arrow.
I go on looking. I ask the first person I aproach is she knows were the fibers were laid out, and she points to where they are. I walk over to them, and I notice that while non of them are long enough to make a bow string, they will do for tieing an arrow and feathers to a stick. I grab a few and put them in my pocket. I walk along the outer edge of the woods, and after walking for what seemed to be a half mile, I notice something. An abbandoned walking stick. That can mean only two things. Someother refuge was this way, and for some reason left this, or there is a nearby village. I will pick it up on my way back to ask if it is anyones. I walk a little ways more and I find a stick that will be good for an arrow, and further on, one that will do for a bow. I shave the bark from one tree, just thick enough to were it has a string like appearance. As I am doing this, I see a few spirits, in human form, running through the woods. I think nothing of it, since there is a chance this island is inhabited, and we just haven't found anyone yet. As I walk back to camp, puting the makeshift bow that I know won't last very long together, and tieing the arrow to the stick, along with feathers I pick up from the beach. I get back to the stick, mentally mark the scenery where it is, and walk back. I see another crow flying, this time into the woods. Maybe some hostile spirits, I think. I might end up having to banish them into the next realm tonight. I finally get back to camp, I tell Draka I am ready to go find some food, but first I must ask about the staff.
Does this staff belong to anyone? I ask. I ask again, but no one speaks up to claim it. Maybe we will find someone in the woods I think. I sit down and wait for more people to join the food search team.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
just bumping this up :)

as i sit threading links through the weave of mail, i can't help but stare out to sea! the sun's up, but not too bright at the moment, which is good, i suppose.... a little way out towards the horizon i can see the sun reflecting off what looks to be a ..... metal ....... big ....... "erm, guys, is that a fridge?"

Draka

Wonder Woman
"A fridge?" I think to myself, "that's impossible." A fridge on the ship would have been huge and heavy and sink so quick. I turn and look where he is facing and follow his gaze. There is definitely something gleaming out there on the water off the shore down the beach some ways. Seems to be floating on a large chunk of deck wood from the ship. I head off in that direction for closer inspection. As I get closer and begin to see what it is my heart leaps in my chest. "Oh, please let there be an internal power system that isn't damaged." I walk into the water and approach the thing I hope that I can repair. "My schooling and all that damn training is finally going to pay off in the civilian world after all!"

I grab an edge of the wood and look up to notice one of the guys grabbing the other side and he helps me haul it ashore. Upon the beach he just looks at what we have found and shifts his eyes to me with a quizzical look.

"It's part of the equipment from the Nav room from the ship. Look," I start to point out a few things, "that's the GPS, which looks like it isn't that badly damaged, not that it will do us much good if I can't get everything up and running and by the condition of this that may well be impossible. I'm great at improvising, but somethings simply cannot be replaced. But the best news is that,...a radio. Badly damaged, but luckily communications systems were my specialty in the Navy and hopefully that will pay off. I don't have any tools here, but we'll see what I can come up with from what I can spare from this thing."

I look back out in the water and notice something else floating not far from what we retrieved. A suitcase. I go and grab it and bring it back and open it up. Appears to be waterproof. Looking inside I gasp...C4????? What the hell is all this C4 doing in a suitcase??? Who the hell was on that ship and what were they planning on doing with this? And worse yet...did they perhaps survive?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
as i sit and ponder the arrival of this unexplained C4, i take out my rizzla papers and examine them, they have dried off a bit from last night, but still damp - "i shall have to leave them out in the sun for a bit" i think, "damn i need one of these, atleast the tobbacco is still dry though"

i sit back down with some of the charred wood from last nights fire, and start scratching symbols and numbers into the various bits of wood i had collected, starting off with the minor arcane numbers

#whats the food situation looking like?" i ask the group