• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shadow People

Sees

Dragonslayer
Yes, I have had this experience. Two apparently solid but featureless entities of complete black were standing outside my bedroom door looking directly at me for about ten to twenty seconds. The hallroom light was on, which lit up the area behind where they were standing (so this wasn't just some vague shape in the dark) after a few moments of looking at them I state the names of my younger sister and cousin as they were in their likeness. (The outline of their body shapes resembled them) at which they both dash at me incredibly fast and the moment they would have collided with me they vanish.

According to my mother, I would frequently wake up screaming when we were in that house (it was a temporary rental property) I was somewhat young and I don't remember a whole lot about that time. But after we left nightmares were never such an issue for me again. She thinks there was something in that house.

Thanks for the input. My daughter actually mentioned a reaction to saying names/her name. She is only 5 but doesn't seem scared in the slightest so far. )(

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Sees said:
Thanks for the input. My daughter actually mentioned a reaction to saying names/her name. She is only 5 but doesn't seem scared in the slightest so far.

I would have been around ten to twelve at the time. Old enough to know that what I was (at least apparently) seeing was out of place.

Draupadi said:
Why do those black beings react in that manner when somebody's names are being called out?

They may be unconnected. But they were distinctly in a form that resembled people I knew.

Last edited by a moderator:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Curious if anybody has any experience with the phenomenon/entities where an all black featureless person, save for eyes at times, is seen and possibly interacted with?

I've heard some about it before and know somebody who has recently started to describe experiencing it/them without having access to others' accounts.

I can't say I've had this experience. Although there are quite a number who have claimed this experience if you study the paranormal.

Actually, I'm a logical brained typed and not really the type to have interesting paranormal experiences like these. However I am very interested in the paranormal and have been logically convinced we live in a universe far more complex than our common-sense physical-only view grasps.

I think we live in slightly interpenetrating planes/realms/multiverses and life exist on all these planes. I think these planes interact in subtle but important ways.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The problem with 'shadow people' is that things cast shadows, branches blowing in the breeze, birds walking in front of ground lights etc. That's what makes them necessarily more in line for skepticism imo rather than full spectres, "ghosts" and whatnot.

just my .02$

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Yeah, I've used it - most Pagans have degrees ;)

Funny joke dude. We all know you pagans like dancing in the moon light naked and fornicating like rabbits :D

Was it a hint that you feel this topic is wacky or deals with psychological issues?

Indeed it was.

By the way do you think APA is better than MLA format?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I used to see them a lot in my grandfather's house. There was tons of negative energy in that place. There was some sort of "vortex" or portal in my aunt's bedroom that was caught on camera. It had faces in it. Something was going on in that house.

My wife use to see what see called "...a man dressed in black" since she was a girl. If it was there at all it was definitely negative energy. One night she had a close encounter with what see called "the vortex". Since then she has become stronger as a person and in her paranormal abilities. (Truth be known, she scared the hell out me on more than one occasion.)

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
When I was a kid at recess in elementary school I used to pretend that my shadow was a version of me living in a shadow world with other shadow kids with shadow kickballs and shadow swingsets...I was a very lonely child.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
When I was a kid at recess in elementary school I used to pretend that my shadow was a version of me living in a shadow world with other shadow kids with shadow kickballs and shadow swingsets...I was a very lonely child.

I have always been a lonely child and I am a lonely person to this very day.

*hugs* lonely people just need hugs and cuddles or huggles as I like to call them :)

...meow

Sees

Dragonslayer
Funny joke dude. We all know you pagans like dancing in the moon light naked and fornicating like rabbits :D

Indeed it was.

By the way do you think APA is better than MLA format?

I'm a somewhat conservative type of Pagan :)

All the formats are equally evil, to me. I would have liked some type of efficient auto-formatting software. Love to talk and write but formalities are way too tedious. Content is supreme :D

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
My wife use to see what see called "...a man dressed in black" since she was a girl. If it was there at all it was definitely negative energy. One night she had a close encounter with what see called "the vortex". Since then she has become stronger as a person and in her paranormal abilities. (Truth be known, she scared the hell out me on more than one occasion.)

It can be scary. I was almost possessed by a dark entity at one point but I stopped it. But since I've gotten on antidepressants, I haven't had any paranormal experiences.

paragon

They're annoying. If I can't manipulate them wish they would simply go away.

I've seen three of them some years ago, but the presence felt is the most disturbing. There is a lot of negatively here and it's not my own. Feels like they want to hijack my energy. I've had multiple mutual experiences with them. I may work on controlling them in the future.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
I'm not going to lie I have had an experience with these. I was walking back to my camping spot
from a bar in Arkansas; I was just passing through on a ride. I had stopped under this bridge to
take a load off for a moment, I was wearing riding boots. All of a sudden I hear this cacophony of
voices are the sensation of danger, I was in danger. Four to five of these ghostly black shadow men
came from out of the woods walking towards me. There was an audible noise of various voices and
couldn't understand any of it. I felt I was in extreme danger and about to be attacked from the sensation
I felt, all I could think to say was,"Go in peace."; The sensation stopped and they turned around and
walked back in the woods.

Arkansas is just a spooky *** place anyway. There was this Man with snake eyes; wild as ****.

I walk the streets at night, been mugged numerous times, been to a war-zone; it was the only time I felt in
genuine danger, and it was a sensation was being forced on me.

Hind sight is 20/20; I should have called the police even though I couldn't really explain anything.
Maybe say Some men tried to attack me and ran into the woods or something, just considered the
notion there may be a dead body in there.

Funny how you experience something really abnormal and life goes on, I forgot all about this. I haven't been into the paranormal or anything,
I just accept most of the incidents as stress induced delusions.

I was also staying in a hotel back in Germany and some invisible entity, or ghost, screamed at me and punched me in the face. Dismissed.

Last edited:

Midnight Rain

Curious if anybody has any experience with the phenomenon/entities where an all black featureless person, save for eyes at times, is seen and possibly interacted with?

I've heard some about it before and know somebody who has recently started to describe experiencing it/them without having access to others' accounts.
I have heard several different stories and theories on why some apparitions are dark. One such theory is that they consume the energy around them in order to manifest and so we see the "shadow" rather than their manifestation. Another opinion is that they are dark and "evil" negative spirits. I don't put as much stock into that one.

The last theory I have heard is that they are spirits or sprites that don't have a clear sense of self so their manifestations are vague shadows. I tend to think that it might be somewhere between the first and second theories. I have seen only two full figured shadow people and one did not feel negative and the other was inconclusive.

I had a few run-ins(?) with shadow people. My first was when I lived in an rather beaten up old apartment in Lansing, I had just graduated HS and was just getting turned to the LHP. We had a few suicides in the apartment in the past and a few murders not to far away. (Note: This was in a really bad part of the city) I performed some rites in my living room and felt like I was being watched, I turned to see a rather lanky shadow in the corner. I calmly told it to F* off and turned away. Didn't ever see it after that. I had asked my landlord about it, turned out there was an older man who died of a heart attack a few years before I had rented it out.