• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I have recently started listening to the 1967 album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles

Never properly listened to one of their albums before now

I think it's great and I already knew many of the songs that are on it

I'd never before appreciated what a cracking band The Beatles were but I do now

Who else here rates The Beatles?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I have recently started listening to the 1967 album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles

I like the Beatles. I grew up on the Beatles.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
For me they did explore, expand, and influence music later but their earliest stuff did seem to be aimed at one specific screaming demographic and was less listenable, especially when there was so much other music to explore at the time. But no doubt as to their enduring value and as to their impact all around the world.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Been a fan since I was about 12 and never really grew out of them. Never found another artist that comes close for creativity or consistently brilliant output.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I started liking the Beetles, many moons ago, when i was i junior high.

Tomef

Try listening to the white album in one sitting too.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I'm OK with them. I did like the yellow submarine but there were bands that were better then the Beetles like the Rolling Stones.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Not really, although i grew up to my parents choice of music from the era the Beatles were not on their playlist which tended to be more progressive.

I've listened to some of their tracks more recently, their later stuff was far better than *love me do" and "I want to hold your hand"

PureX

Veteran Member
I liked a lot of their music when it came out, but was not old enough to really appreciate how extraordinary they actually were. Now, I am still amazed by the body of excellent music they produced together, and separately. Though I still feel that they were better together than they were apart.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I've been a lifetime fan of the Beatles since I was a teenager, back in the mid-80s. "We Can Work It Out" was the first Beatles song that I ever heard on the radio, but Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was the first cassette tape I ever bought, as well as the first vinyl album, CD, and the first album I've ever downloaded online to my computer. I still have them all. The fact is, their music has had a deeply profound impact on my life, and I believe that listening to their music helped save my life when I was a teenager and living in an abusive home. I've been a fan ever since, and there hasn't been a day in the last 38 years that I haven't listened to their music to cheer me up or just because I enjoy listening to their music. I'll always be grateful to them for their music.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
My mom was a big fan of the Beatles, so she had their albums and listened to them frequently, as did my older brother and I. One of my earliest memories was, when I was about 4 or 5, we were listening to the Beatles' "Revolver." A few kids and I were playing in the living room and set up some kind of obstacle course to race around. The song "Taxman" opens up with "one, two, three, four, one, two, three, go," and that was our countdown to start running wildly and loudly through our makeshift race course. We did this multiple times. Looking back, it does seem kind of silly now, bunch of little kids running around like we were crazy.

Over time, we kind of ruined our mom's records. Several years later, when I was about 13, my brother got a compilation album which was released in the 1970s, and I started to enjoy the Beatles on a different level.