• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual appetite

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall
At 65 I still have a strong sexual appetite, I guess being in a Poly relationship and having a 34 year old highly sexual Japanese girl friend has helped maybe not. It strikes me that although we live in a highly sexualized society Mr & Mrs average seen to have little or no sex after 50 and for many over 60 its a distant memory. Why? is it because we dont feel sexy or because we are sexually bored with the same person and the intrigue and thrill has gone.

What we cant ignore is that monogamy for most of the worlds population doesn't work.

Your thoughts.........

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
At 65 I still have a strong sexual appetite, I guess being in a Poly relationship and having a 34 year old highly sexual Japanese girl friend has helped maybe not. It strikes me that although we live in a highly sexualized society Mr & Mrs average seen to have little or no sex after 50 and for many over 60 its a distant memory. Why? is it because we dont feel sexy or because we are sexually bored with the same person and the intrigue and thrill has gone.

What we cant ignore is that monogamy for most of the worlds population doesn't work.

Your thoughts.........
I haven't any research on it. Have you? I have heard that STDs are common, even an epidemic, in old age homes. But I'd have to do some research. I don't view sexual appetite as any kind of positive thing. It's like height, kind of irrelevant to the whole person.

Earthling

David Henson

Your thoughts.........

You have to ask yourself what it's supposed to work for. To satiate sexual appetite? In a highly sexualized (sic) society that may seem the case, but you spoke of the alternate reality of it. Consider that a highly sexualized society is a product of a marketing strategy.

Then ask yourself what about before that? Love? Not really, there was more to it. Stability, companionship for example.

Trackdayguy

You have to ask yourself what it's supposed to work for. To satiate sexual appetite? In a highly sexualized (sic) society that may seem the case, but you spoke of the alternate reality of it. Consider that a highly sexualized society is a product of a marketing strategy.

Then ask yourself what about before that? Love? Not really, there was more to it. Stability, companionship for example.

I think companionship is a huge part of a sustainable relationship, but so is sex, or it is for me. I have meet many couples who are very happily married who haven't had sex for years. Im not denying that isn't most peoples reality but that is an alien concept to me. Aren't we sexual beings or is our sexuality based on a sell by date.

I'm not sure this is true but my perception is that most peoples sexual appetite has diminished due to boredom, not a lack of sexual drive.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think companionship is a huge part of a sustainable relationship, but so is sex, or it is for me. I have meet many couples who are very happily married who haven't had sex for years. Im not denying that isn't most peoples reality but that is an alien concept to me. Aren't we sexual beings or is our sexuality based on a sell by date.

I'm not sure this is true but my perception is that most peoples sexual appetite has diminished due to boredom, not a lack of sexual drive.

My answer is in this 2 minutes video

Earthling

David Henson

Well . . . hmmm . . . lets say that hypothetically religion and science determined that sex had some purpose, other than pleasure, what would that be? Once that purpose were fulfilled you would still have the pleasure of it but you would have other things on your mind as well. Like your aching back, your shallow breath, your weak heart and your fat ***.

It comes down to substantially more than how many dirty old men are there out there and how many whores.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Aren't we sexual beings or is our sexuality based on a sell by date.
No, we are not sexual beings, we are spiritual beings.
Or it could be diminished through lack of interest, because we realized there were much more important things to do in this short life of ours.

Trackdayguy

Well . . . hmmm . . . lets say that hypothetically religion and science determined that sex had some purpose, other than pleasure, what would that be? Once that purpose were fulfilled you would still have the pleasure of it but you would have other things on your mind as well. Like your aching back, your shallow breath, your weak heart and your fat ***.

It comes down to substantially more than how many dirty old men are there out there and how many whores.

Why would it be dirty

Earthling

David Henson
Why would it be dirty

I didn't say it, I said old men. Dirty old men.

There's a quote by Frank Herbert on every page of my website that reads. "Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty."

Dirty old men think of sex irresponsibly. To them it's something soiled, but it is so only in the way they abuse it.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
At 65 I still have a strong sexual appetite,
OK........ but how strong?
I guess being in a Poly relationship and having a 34 year old highly sexual Japanese girl friend has helped maybe not.
So which was your guess? Yes or No?

It strikes me that although we live in a highly sexualized society Mr & Mrs average seen to have little or no sex after 50 and for many over 60 its a distant memory.
How many MrnMrs Avewrage couples did you research, or did you just guess?

Why? is it because we dont feel sexy or because we are sexually bored with the same person and the intrigue and thrill has gone.
Why what? You never gave us any real conclusions, just your guesses.
If a person is bored with their partner it is sad, but it doesn't mean that the whole world is like that.

Your thoughts.........
Where couples don't want each other any more, then it's probably best to part if possible, but couples stay together for many reasons, and therefore nobody should try to split couples up.... not that you are trying to do that.

I must be lucky, because I am totally crazy about my wife. I'm older than you yet I am in a very intimate closed marital relationship, and it is so special that I could never publicise many details, but I can say that one of the most special times in our day is when we bathe together and chat to each other as we wash. Doing things together bonds partnerships, and 'sex on its own' may not be enough to keep most couples interested.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I must be lucky, because I am totally crazy about my wife. I'm older than you yet I am in a very intimate closed marital relationship, and it is so special that I could never publicise many details, but I can say that one of the most special times in our day is when we bathe together and chat to each other as we wash. Doing things together bonds partnerships, and 'sex on its own' may not be enough to keep most couples interested.
Yeah, one reason you are a lucky dog is because your wife is a lot younger than you are. :rolleyes:
Aw c'mon Bagde give us some details.... :D

Eventually it all has to go though, that is how I look at it, since the body eventually declines and then we die and are only left with a soul and no physical body in the spiritual world, no more sex, so I figger we should be preparing for that day before we get there. Others might think 'enjoy it while it lasts' is a better way to look at it. We are all different.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yeah, one reason you are a lucky dog is because your wife is a lot younger than you are. :rolleyes:
Aw c'mon Bagde give us some details.... :D
Age doesn't matter much, or so I reckon.
The more that you give to your partner, so the more that it can all work.

Eventually it all has to go though, that is how I look at it, since the body eventually declines and then we die and are only left with a soul and no physical body in the spiritual world, no more sex, so I figger we should be preparing for that day before we get there. Others might think 'enjoy it while it lasts' is a better way to look at it. We are all different.
Sure, we are all different.

Axe Elf

Prophet
Eventually it all has to go though, that is how I look at it, since the body eventually declines and then we die and are only left with a soul and no physical body in the spiritual world, no more sex, so I figger we should be preparing for that day before we get there.

Heaven couldn't really be heaven without orgasms, now could it...?

In fact, if it's really going to be heaven, it would about have to be a constant state of orgasmic ecstasy, or else it wouldn't be as good as it COULD be.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Heaven couldn't really be heaven without orgasms, now could it...?
Physical bodies die and become decomposed. They do not go to heaven.
There can be no orgasms with no physical body.
It will be heaven but there will be no orgasms.
It will be hell for those who were attached to things of the flesh.

Jumi

Sure, there's always a Hefner for every group of guys who care about other things more than sex. Then there's a lot of people in between those two extremes.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
In fact, if it's really going to be heaven, it would about have to be a constant state of orgasmic ecstasy, or else it wouldn't be as good as it COULD be.
It will be better than that, much better, at least for those who came prepared. :D
As for the others, they made their beds, so they will have to sleep in them. :(