• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senator Tim Scott refuses to answer whether he will accept 2024 election results

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
There was actual evidenced fraud, but it was committed by
Republicans, eg, several states (including mine) where
Trump had fake electors ready to over-turn the popular
vote for Biden, & illegally award it to Trump.

AFIK, no Republican (other than the fake electors
when testifying in their trials) has ever acknowledged
this fact. Odd that such a well documented reality
can be invisible to them.
You see what you want to see....

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Wanna hear more from Tim Scott? Here it is from yesterday:

“For African Americans, Hispanics, there’s no place in the Democratic Party if you want to stand against antisemitism, and stand for the American way, and stand for fairness and justice, you must join the GOP. We are the party of Lincoln, the party of Reagan, the party of Trump, we are the party of freedom,”

Tell me this was not a speech with an audience of precisely one person!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wanna hear more from Tim Scott? Here it is from yesterday:

“For African Americans, Hispanics, there’s no place in the Democratic Party if you want to stand against antisemitism, and stand for the American way, and stand for fairness and justice, you must join the GOP. We are the party of Lincoln, the party of Reagan, the party of Trump, we are the party of freedom,”

Tell me this was not a speech with an audience of precisely one person!
I just created another thread about the Republican
judge who authored the opinion that cops can forcibly
press one's thumb into their phone to unlock & search
it without a warrant.
This is the party of freedom? That was
just the tip of a very authoritarian iceberg.

Pogo

So many people will believe any nonsense, so long as its on the right social media. I have a theory that malignant Egyptian pixies are pulling brain cells out through their noses while they sleep -- prove me wrong.
And I have evidence that I am going to post on U tubes.

F1fan

Veteran Member
But you are ignoring the fact that there was a recount, which I watched regularly on the news.
And there were many, many recounts in states that Trump lost, and the results did not help Trump, nor show fraud. This cost states millions.

The only fraud discovered was the conspiracy that Trump and his unethical and undemocratic cohort conducted all over the USA.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The only fraud discovered was the conspiracy that Trump and his unethical and undemocratic cohort conducted all over the USA.
You know, this is something that needs to be said over and over and over again, but for some reason, it is not being hammered home in the way that it ought to be.

Trump has, ever since November 5, 2020, claimed "fraud" and "steal." And yet the only actual fraud has been the repeated attempts by Republicans to overturn the election. Fake electors, who are now being indicted. The effort on January 6 to stop the count in Congress to confirm the election.

This is classic, it's the boy who cried "wolf." The fraudsters are screaming fraud all over the place, and pointing their fingers always away from where the real fraud was being perpetrated.

F1fan

Veteran Member
You know, this is something that needs to be said over and over and over again, but for some reason, it is not being hammered home in the way that it ought to be.

Trump has, ever since November 5, 2020, claimed "fraud" and "steal." And yet the only actual fraud has been the repeated attempts by Republicans to overturn the election. Fake electors, who are now being indicted. The effort on January 6 to stop the count in Congress to confirm the election.

This is classic, it's the boy who cried "wolf." The fraudsters are screaming fraud all over the place, and pointing their fingers always away from where the real fraud was being perpetrated.
And i see many republicans trying to minimize the fraud and crimes being charged as just democrats weaponizing the justice system. It’s as if republicans believe they are above the law in every single case where it comes to covering Trump.

I don’t know if they are doing this because they are truly delusional, or are gambling with their political futures in case Trump wins the electoral college again. They really seem scared of him. To my mind that makes them weaker and a threat to democracy and national security. Bill Barr crawling back into the Trump sewer is a disgrace and indicates they really can’t process ethics as conservatives.

Clizby Wampuscat

He could not have done otherwise! He would have been frog-marched out of the White House -- and he knew it, and he knew how disgraceful that would look.
So again, for you it doesn't matter what he did or didn't do, you will always think the worst of him.
But for you, let's really analyze what he said on January 7 (the day after he urged his thugs to invade the Capitol!)

Donald Trump: (00:00)
I would like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans, I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem. I immediately deployed the National Guard and federal law enforcement to secure the building and expel the intruders. America is and must always be a nation of law and order.

For the record, it is a pure lie that he "immediately deployed the National Guard and federal law enforcement. He did nothing of the kind. Absolutely nothing, and you know it.
Trump approved teh national guard about an hour after it was requested by the chief of capital police.
Donald Trump: (00:25)
The demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engaged in the acts of violence and destruction, you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law, you will pay. We have just been through an intense election and emotions are high, but now tempers must be cooled and calm restored. We must get on with the business of America.

You are aware that he has been suggesting for a long time that he would pardon all of those who "defiled the seat of American democracy," aren't you? He's been saying it repeatedly in campaign events and anywhere else he gets a chance.
Nope, he never said he would pardon the people that "defiled the seat of American democracy". Where did he say that? He said he would pardon a large portion of them but not all. A large portion of them are getting screwed and you know it.
Donald Trump: (00:55)
My campaign vigorously pursued every legal avenue to contest the election results. My only goal was to ensure the integrity of the vote. In so doing, I was fighting to defend American democracy. I continue to strongly believe that we must reform our election laws to verify the identity and eligibility of all voters and to ensure faith and confidence in all future elections.

I wonder if you knew that everything partaking to elections is a matter for the individual states, not for the federal government (or the President). You mentioned earlier that PA changed it's election rules and SCOTUS wouldn't take it up. That's why!
The US constitution says that individual state legislatures make federal election law and they have to change elections laws in their states for federal elections. PA and other states changed the laws by the court system and orders from the governor. That violated the US constitution.
Donald Trump: (01:25)
Now Congress has certified the results. A new administration will be inaugurated on January 20th. My focus now turns to ensuring a smooth, orderly and seamless transition of power.

Yeah, sure, but wasn't it him, the very day before, who tried to prevent Congress from certifying those results? HIS OWN FLAMING FAILURE is the reason that a new adminstration was inaugurated.
Again, no matter what he does you will turn it to something evil. He allowed Biden to take office, that is a fact.
Donald Trump: (01:38)
This moment calls for healing and reconciliation. 2020 has been a challenging time for our people. A menacing pandemic has upended the lives of our citizens, isolated millions in their homes, damaged our economy, and claimed countless lives. Defeating this pandemic and rebuilding the greatest economy on earth will require all of us working together. It will require a renewed emphasis on the civic values of patriotism, faith, charity, community, and family. We must revitalize the sacred bonds of love and loyalty that bind us together as one national family.

Wonder which of his speech writers came up with that pablum -- he certainly feels none of it.
Whatever. Your hate is very strong, you cannot reason clearly when it comes to Trump.
Donald Trump: (02:20)
To the citizens of our country, serving as your president has been the honor of my lifetime. And to all of my wonderful supporters, I know you are disappointed, but I also want you to know that our incredible journey is only just beginning.

Only just beginning -- we're going to be doing it all again. Just like he said, during a Presidential debate, to the Proud Boys: "stand back...and stand by!"
Yeah I can't wait for low unemployment for minorities, low inflation, a more peaceful world, lower crime, border enforcement, He is going to win look at all the polls. Even dems are turning in him. Biden is an imbecile and corrupt more than you think Trump is.

Clizby Wampuscat

There was Russian interferance, and that is a fact that is well reported. That was Clinton's concern, and she evetually conceded the loss. Compare her to Trump, who keeps lying about fraud.
She conceded and so did Trump. Clinton in 2020 and 2019 said the election was not on the level, Trump is an illegitimate president and the election was stolen. She gets a pass but Trump doesn't? Ok.
What did Gore do that is questionable? Want ballots completely counted? The biggest problem there was the Florida voting machines and the need to punch holes in ballots.
Nothing, just refuting the claim that every loser conceded without delay.
Reporting came as claims were made, and resolutions in the courts happened.
Isn't this what happened in 2020? Yet Hillary still claims 2016 was "stolen".
It doesn't help that republicans are acting without ethics and democratioc motives. Your vague comments here suggest to me you know your camp is corrupt, but you want to make it sound like that's not the case.
If you think the dems or republicans act with ethics you are very naive.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So again, for you it doesn't matter what he did or didn't do, you will always think the worst of him.

Trump approved teh national guard about an hour after it was requested by the chief of capital police.

Nope, he never said he would pardon the people that "defiled the seat of American democracy". Where did he say that? He said he would pardon a large portion of them but not all. A large portion of them are getting screwed and you know it.
"Trump has repeatedly pledged that if he wins the presidential election in 2024, he will roll back much of that investigation.

An NPR review of social media posts, speeches and interviews found that Trump has made calls to "free" Jan. 6 defendants or promised to issue them presidential pardons more than a dozen times. Trump has said he would issue those pardons on "Day 1" of his presidency, as part of a broader agenda to use presidential power to exact "retribution" against his opponents and deliver "justice" for his supporters.

"We'll be looking very, very seriously at full pardons," Trump told an interviewer in 2022. "I mean full pardons with an apology to many."

"LET THE JANUARY 6 PRISONERS GO," Trump posted on his social media site, Truth Social, in March 2023.

Later that year, Trump reposted a Truth Social post stating, "The cops should be charged and the protesters should be freed."

The US constitution says that individual state legislatures make federal election law and they have to change elections laws in their states for federal elections. PA and other states changed the laws by the court system and orders from the governor. That violated the US constitution.

Again, no matter what he does you will turn it to something evil. He allowed Biden to take office, that is a fact.

Whatever. Your hate is very strong, you cannot reason clearly when it comes to Trump.

Yeah I can't wait for low unemployment for minorities, low inflation, a more peaceful world, lower crime, border enforcement, He is going to win look at all the polls. Even dems are turning in him. Biden is an imbecile and corrupt more than you think Trump is.

Clizby Wampuscat

Clizby Wampuscat

"Trump has repeatedly pledged that if he wins the presidential election in 2024, he will roll back much of that investigation.

An NPR review of social media posts, speeches and interviews found that Trump has made calls to "free" Jan. 6 defendants or promised to issue them presidential pardons more than a dozen times. Trump has said he would issue those pardons on "Day 1" of his presidency, as part of a broader agenda to use presidential power to exact "retribution" against his opponents and deliver "justice" for his supporters.

"We'll be looking very, very seriously at full pardons," Trump told an interviewer in 2022. "I mean full pardons with an apology to many."

"LET THE JANUARY 6 PRISONERS GO," Trump posted on his social media site, Truth Social, in March 2023.

Later that year, Trump reposted a Truth Social post stating, "The cops should be charged and the protesters should be freed."

Yes he has made many quotes, why only take the quotes that make your case. He said he would free all of them as well. Most are unjustly jailed.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
On the day of the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, the first National Guard members arrived to assist at about 5:40 p.m. By then, most of the violence had subsided.

In the critical minutes before rioters had breached the Capitol building around 2 p.m., the chief of the U.S. Capitol Police force and the mayor of Washington, D.C., put out urgent requests for guard backup. But it took more than an hour to get formal approval for their deployment, and then nearly three more hours for the first guard reinforcements to arrive.

The D.C. National Guard reports to the president.

In a recorded video the following day, President Donald Trump claimed that he “immediately deployed the National Guard and federal law enforcement to secure the building and expel the intruders.” But Trump’s claim that he acted quickly is contradicted by news reports citing unnamed sources who say the president initially resisted efforts to bring in the National Guard at the outset of the Capitol riot.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The problem of wielding the ad hominem attack
is that it can work both ways. To re-phrase.....
"For you it doesn't matter what crimes he commits,
you'll always deny them out of love for the man."