• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Senator Manchin Recommends 90 Day Moratorium On Immigration

esmith

Veteran Member
Senator Manchin says it is past time for Congress to (my words) get their heads out of their a** and do immigration reform. Should put a 90 day moratorium on immigration to start with. However, both sides are going to have to stop using the current crises as political talking points.
Manchin after border visit: 'Past time to do immigration reform'
We've got a human crisis that I'm seeing here ... so if that means shutting everything down for 90 days of how we have people come into our country, sending that message that we're not going to be taking people into this country until we get our ability to make sure we're able to do it and do it right, is that going to put the pressure?" Manchin asked.

"Something has to be done and it has to be expedited. ... This problem is not going away. This problem will not cure itself, I can assure you, and they're coming in droves," he said.

Manchin also backed beefed up border security, more immigration judges and allowing for immigrants to apply for asylum back in their home countries rather than making an often dangerous journey to the United States.

pearl

Good luck. George W Bush, along with John McCain also understood the need for immigration reform, unfortunately was doa.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I do believe there needs to be serious reform, but that has been would be tough as there's different forms of "immigration".

But here's a question I'll throw into the mix, namely why is it, iyo, that politicians are so unwilling to go after the companies and people who hire them, including give them maybe some prison time? Gee, you'd think that maybe they're "bought out" or something. :rolleyes:

So, if a CEO or business owner allows allows his/her corporation/company to hire illegals, maybe millions of $ in fines along with some really "good" prison time would work. Try and get that passed. Good luck.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I do believe there needs to be serious reform, but that has been would be tough as there's different forms of "immigration".

But here's a question I'll throw into the mix, namely why is it, iyo, that politicians are so unwilling to go after the companies and people who hire them, including give them maybe some prison time? Gee, you'd think that maybe they're "bought out" or something. :rolleyes:

So, if a CEO or business owner allows allows his/her corporation/company to hire illegals, maybe millions of $ in fines along with some really "good" prison time would work. Try and get that passed. Good luck.
Let's see...make it illegal for illegals to work here.
You have 2 outcomes.....
- Tax money &/or charity will support them these unproductive residents.
- They'll starve or flee back across the border.

Which do you intend?

epronovost

Let's see...make it illegal for illegals to work here.

It's illegal for an illegal immigrant to work. You need a work permit or a universal visa for that and if you have one, you no longer are an illegal immigrant, you are a foreign worker. By definition, an illegal immigrant is someone living and working on the black market.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Senator Manchin says it is past time for Congress to (my words) get their heads out of their a** and do immigration reform. Should put a 90 day moratorium on immigration to start with. However, both sides are going to have to stop using the current crises as political talking points.
Manchin after border visit: 'Past time to do immigration reform'
We've got a human crisis that I'm seeing here ... so if that means shutting everything down for 90 days of how we have people come into our country, sending that message that we're not going to be taking people into this country until we get our ability to make sure we're able to do it and do it right, is that going to put the pressure?" Manchin asked.

"Something has to be done and it has to be expedited. ... This problem is not going away. This problem will not cure itself, I can assure you, and they're coming in droves," he said.

Manchin also backed beefed up border security, more immigration judges and allowing for immigrants to apply for asylum back in their home countries rather than making an often dangerous journey to the United States.
Not today! Baw! Hahahaha!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's illegal for an illegal immigrant to work. You need a work permit or a universal visa for that and if you have one, you no longer are an illegal immigrant, you are a foreign worker. By definition, an illegal immigrant is someone living and working on the black market.
The poster was proposing making it really illegal.
I wondered what consequences were intended.