• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seek First the Kingdom of God

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
as christians do most seek the kingdom of god and find it?

matthew 6:33

thanks to @74x12 for inspiring this thread

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Most, I think, seek ordinary, worldly goals; most seek to lay up their treasure on Earth and only pay lip service to the kingdom of God.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

No, as I suspect most are looking for this kingdom of God as some Disneyland attraction they go to at some point after death.

Jesus said the kingdom of heaven was at hand. I suspect many are looking for it in the wrong place.

lostwanderingsoul

Most do not even know what the kingdom of God is. They think it exists now in heaven. But the kingdom will be established in the future when Jesus returns to earth to set up and rule the kingdom here on earth. Remember " they kingdom come, thy will be done, ON EARTH". When Jesus rules the kingdom on earth, then God's will will be done on earth, not before.

Neuropteron

Hi,
Nominal Christians are not seeking the Kingdom of God, since finding it require an understanding of what it is.
They will only find it by exercising effort to find it's meaning by searching the scriptures, instead of listening to salaried theologians.

According to the historian Josephus the government of God is, in structure and function, a pure theocracy "placing all authority in the hands of God. To be such, this government cannot be ordained by any human legislator, such as the man Moses, but must be ordained and established by God." A careful examination of this subject will show that this Government is in heaven with it's subject on the earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
as christians do most seek the kingdom of god and find it? matthew 6:33..................

I would think 'most' pray for God's kingdom to come ( thy kingdom come...... ) but some think they are praying to go to heaven.
The model prayer does Not say: Our Father who art in kingdom, thy heaven come.....
Rather, God's will, His purpose be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
In Heaven it is God's will that there is No crime, No war, No pollution, No sickness and No one dies in Heaven.
So, we are asking God to bring those same healthy heavenly conditions that exist in Heaven to exist here on Earth.
The Bible's theme about God's kingdom government (as found at Daniel 2:44) actually begins with the first prophecy found at Genesis 3:15
Jesus would prove to be that promised ' seed ' or Messiah to come to govern over mankind on Earth.
God's kingdom theme runs from Genesis to Revelation. A revelation or a revealing about the happy climax for humanity right here on Earth.
Besides seeking, asking for God's kingdom to come, we are all invited to pray the invitation or Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come!
Come and bring relief to Earth. For example:
Come and subdue enemies as mentioned in Psalms 110
* Bring sure Peace on Earth - Isaiah 54:13; Micah 4:3-4
* Bring a healthy environment to Earth - Isaiah 33:24; Revelation 22:2
* Bring happiness in enjoying work - Isaiah 65:22-23
* Bring and end to ' enemy death ' on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
To seek is the wrong term, the kingdom of God is with in.
Many are taught that God's kingdom is within a person but I find that is Not what Jesus taught.
Please notice to whom Jesus is speaking to at Luke 17:20-21 but to the hate-filled enemy Pharisees.
Jesus was within the reach of those Pharisees if they would want to follow him.
It is Not until he finishes speaking to the Pharisees that Jesus addresses his followers at Luke 17:22.
Also, then please notice what Jesus tells his followers at Luke 19:11-15 that the kingdom would 'Not' immediately or instantly appear.
This is why we are all still invited to pray for God's kingdom to come ( to come in the future )

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Many are taught that God's kingdom is within a person but I find that is Not what Jesus taught.
Please notice to whom Jesus is speaking to at Luke 17:20-21 but to the hate-filled enemy Pharisees.
Jesus was within the reach of those Pharisees if they would want to follow him.
It is Not until he finishes speaking to the Pharisees that Jesus addresses his followers at Luke 17:22.
Also, then please notice what Jesus tells his followers at Luke 19:11-15 that the kingdom would 'Not' immediately or instantly appear.
This is why we are all still invited to pray for God's kingdom to come ( to come in the future )
Do you not know that your earthly body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God?

God is spirit

Thy kingdom come the will of God be done within you.

MNoBody

Do you not know that your earthly body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God?

God is spirit

Thy kingdom come the will of God be done within you.
Why do you keep expecting those afflicted with existential amnesia to "remember" this?
that is the crux of the issue...right.....o_O

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
God is spirit. Thy kingdom come the will of God be done within you.

Yes, I suppose one could say God's will (His purpose) be done within a person because as Ezekiel 18:31; Ezekiel 36:26 says a new heart, new spirit....
For the Great Potter (God) can mold a willing heart to change from a heart of stone to a heart of flesh as per Ezekiel 11:19.
That is what God's kingdom (Daniel 2:44) will accomplish. ( thy kingdom come and God's will be done right here on Earth as it is done in Heaven...)
So, besides human hearts even animal will be tame - Isaiah 65:25; Isaiah 11:6-9
Humans and animals will live in peace-filled harmony on an environmental healthy Earth - Isaiah 35th chapter.
An Earth without war - Isaiah 2:4; Micah 4:3-4
An Earth without ' enemy death ' - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If you seek happiness and safety or you would be awfully sore.
Bible examples show Not worldly happiness or safety if one follows Christ but hatred from the nations - Matthew 10:22.
Bible people were awfully sore from being persecuted.
The coming ' great tribulation ' (Revelation 7:14,9) is Not about happiness or safety but more trouble brewing.
So, the ' hope' for the great crowd of people (Revelation 7:9) is to come through the coming great tribulation.
Then, under Christ's 1,000 year governmental reign over Earth, then there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2.
In the meantime, we can ' endure ' as Jesus instructed at Matthew 24:13.
No one needs to endure happiness or safety.

MonkeyFire

Bible examples show Not worldly happiness or safety if one follows Christ but hatred from the nations - Matthew 10:22.
Bible people were awfully sore from being persecuted.
The coming ' great tribulation ' (Revelation 7:14,9) is Not about happiness or safety but more trouble brewing.
So, the ' hope' for the great crowd of people (Revelation 7:9) is to come through the coming great tribulation.
Then, under Christ's 1,000 year governmental reign over Earth, then there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations - Revelation 22:2.
In the meantime, we can ' endure ' as Jesus instructed at Matthew 24:13.
No one needs to endure happiness or safety.

Unholy

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Most do not even know what the kingdom of God is. They think it exists now in heaven. But the kingdom will be established in the future when Jesus returns to earth to set up and rule the kingdom here on earth. Remember " they kingdom come, thy will be done, ON EARTH". When Jesus rules the kingdom on earth, then God's will will be done on earth, not before.
I am with you always he said. You missed it. The lost sheep usually do