• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seek First the Kingdom of God

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Of course Christ is with Christians. That has nothing to do with God's kingdom......

If nothing to do with God's kingdom then I wonder why God's kingdom was a major theme for Jesus - Luke 4:43.
Christ is the one who gave the model prayer to pray for God's kingdom to come ( thy kingdom come )
After all, it was the God of Jesus who promised that Jesus (Son of man) would be king of God's kingdom - Daniel 7:13-14; Daniel 2:44.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Of course Christ is with Christians. That has nothing to do with God's kingdom. Some people think others have missed something when they themselves have missed it.
It does when self chooses between self's will and God's spirit/will.

1 corinthians 3:16

That spirit is the mind of christ

1 corinthians 2:16

lostwanderingsoul

It does when self chooses between self's will and God's spirit/will.

1 corinthians 3:16

That spirit is the mind of christ

1 corinthians 2:16
I see verses about being a temple and having Christ's mind. I do not see mention of a kingdom. Some people read things that are not there. IMO of course

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I see verses about being a temple and having Christ's mind. I do not see mention of a kingdom. Some people read things that are not there. IMO of course
Jesus refered to self as a city set on a hill. That is figuratively.

Jesus referred to selves as mansions in the Father's house.

This is how

Revelation 11:15

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

Jesus refered to self as a city set on a hill. That is figuratively.

Jesus referred to selves as mansions in the Father's house.

This is how

Revelation 11:15
"Selves as mansions"? This is getting weird. Mansions are places where people live. I think I better leave it at that. And of course a city on a hill is figurative. But still not a kingdom.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
"Selves as mansions"? This is getting weird. Mansions are places where people live. I think I better leave it at that. And of course a city on a hill is figurative. But still not a kingdom.

john 14:2

if god can be a house with mansions in it, then why can't the kingdom of god an individual kingdom have kingdoms(plurality) in it?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think it would be good to keep in mind that the King James Version translated into English the word as Mansion, when it can be just an abode.
Also, that heavenly home is only for some people like the ones mentioned at Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18.
The majority of people will have their homes right here on Earth starting with Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth - Isaiah 65:21-22
The majority of resurrections will take place on Earth.
All the people Jesus resurrected enjoyed life on Earth.
In other words, Jesus was giving us a resurrection preview, a coming attraction, of what resurrecting he will be doing during his millennial reign over Earth.
This physical earthly resurrection is a reason why we are asking for God's kingdom to come (thy kingdom come.... - Daniel 2:44 )
Come and bring an end to ' enemy death ' right here on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8

lostwanderingsoul

I think it would be good to keep in mind that the King James Version translated into English the word as Mansion, when it can be just an abode.
Also, that heavenly home is only for some people like the ones mentioned at Luke 22:28-30; Daniel 7:18.
The majority of people will have their homes right here on Earth starting with Jesus' 1,000-year reign over Earth - Isaiah 65:21-22
The majority of resurrections will take place on Earth.
All the people Jesus resurrected enjoyed life on Earth.
In other words, Jesus was giving us a resurrection preview, a coming attraction, of what resurrecting he will be doing during his millennial reign over Earth.
This physical earthly resurrection is a reason why we are asking for God's kingdom to come (thy kingdom come.... - Daniel 2:44 )
Come and bring an end to ' enemy death ' right here on Earth - 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8
I would just like to point out that the two verses upi mention talk about a kingdom but do not use the word heaven. So I am not sure how you can say some people will have a heavenly home based on these two verses. Just wondering.