• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeing That Women Can Go Topless Now Do You Suppose A Lot More Rapes Will Happen?

What the thread title says

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
This may be true, but the fact remains that MALE prisoners of war are also raped. Sometimes to an even greater extent than female prisoners.

How do you explain that one?

Feeling incredulous? Here's a link: The rape of men | Society | The Observer

But that's prolly just horny heterosexual guys picking the prettiest victims, right?

We can talk about male-on-male prison rape too if you want. It's a freaking epidemic, but without a single bare boob in sight.

Namaste,

The Congo and what happened with women under Soviet occupation are two different worlds.

Your stats refer to males being raped in the Congo.

The Soviets didn't rape more men than females. Why are you even attempting to correlate the two? Either way, the raping that went on during Soviet occupation makes the Congo look like K-Mart...

More than 30-40 men would gang-rape one female alone. This would be in just one part of a building. The same would be happening in another part of the building. This happened every day, every night...non-stop.

What the Japanese did makes both the Soviets and the Congolese look like Sears and JC Penny...

The only difference is that rape still happens on a daily (more like hourly) basis in the Congo.

M.V.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Why is there a debate on the subject of rape motivation when 100% of respondents said "no" to the OP's question?

I for one didn't say no .I don't "know" either way .But I cant go either with already established "other" countries" who have toppless women as the norm.

We are a completley different society that has had breast as "sexual' objects(and hidden) I wont jump on the train and say "no wouldn't cause increase in rape".

Alceste

Vagabond
Why is there a debate on the subject of rape motivation when 100% of respondents said "no" to the OP's question?

I think the tiny handful of people who desperately want rape to be about sexual desire rather than violence are just really, really, really, really motivated to make that point.

Almost makes you blush if you know a tiny bit about human psychology.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
So all those male-on-male rape victims in the Congo were raped because they were pretty?

Namaste,

If you haven't noticed by now, I am concentrating on a very specific case study. The Congo can wait for another topic: male on male.

This thread is about "women" going "topless", etc. etc. Is it not?

M.V.

ps - Why do I get the feeling that you believe that I think that rape is 100% "sexual fantasy"? When, such is not the case? Maybe, like how speaking against the norm is lambasted against, even speaking about how rape also involves looks is a crime now, eh?

A

angellous_evangellous

Hmm... another shocking thread from me. So what do you think? Do you suppose more guys like a Ted Bundy or a Gary Ridgeway will be on the prowl?

I don't think that there would be more rapes.

ignition

मैत्रावरुणिः;3425075 said:
Namaste,

The Congo and what happened with women under Soviet occupation are two different worlds.

The Soviets didn't rape more men than females. Why are you even attempting to correlate the two? Either way, the raping that went on during Soviet occupation makes the Congo look like K-Mart...

More than 30-40 men would gang-rape one female alone. This would be in just one part of a building. The same would be happening in another part of the building. This happened every day, every night...non-stop.

What the Japanese did makes both the Soviets and the Congolese look like Sears and JC Penny...

The only difference is that rape still happens on a daily (more like hourly) basis in the Congo.

M.V.
Not to mention sex trafficking during the Bosnian wars.

Alceste

Vagabond
मैत्रावरुणिः;3425075 said:
Namaste,

M.V.

Why are you assuming the Russians and the Japanese didn't also rape men? Did you see all the rape, sexual assault and sexual humiliation that was revealed in the photos from Abu Ghraib?

Bosnia: Struggle to Overcome Male Rape Taboo - Institute for War and Peace Reporting - P214

There's a report from Bosnia.

Given that rape against males is a regular component of wars across all continents, it is surprising that there has been so little research done into it.
Three quarters (76%) of male political prisoners in 1980’s El Salvador attested to sexual torture, while 80% of men in a concentration camps in Sarajevo reported being raped.
A fifth (21%) of men seeking help at a London centre for Sri Lankan torture victims also spoke of sexual abuse, and 22% of men in Eastern Congo had suffered from sexual violence.
Source: It

There are documented cases in conflicts in Chile, Greece, Iran, the Democratic Republic of Congo and other places, too. At a torture treatment center in London, 21% of Sri Lankan Tamil males said they’d experienced sexual abuse during the war, she notes. One study of the conflict in the former Yugoslavia found that 80% of the 6000 inmates at a prison camp in Sarajevo reported rape.
Rape as a Weapon of War: Men Suffer, Too | TIME.com

You seem to be saying Russia and Japan are the exceptions to the general rule. Why do you think so?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I think the tiny handful of people who desperately want rape to be about sexual desire rather than violence are just really, really, really, really motivated to make that point.

Almost makes you blush if you know a tiny bit about human psychology.

Unbelievable. :(

Well, looks like not all people voted "no" to the poll now. We have a "not sure" vote for whether or not people will rape if women go topless.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
If its ONLY about "you are violent or you aren't" like some sort of "inherent" feature in you then how could enviroment or "teaching" ever help create or deter rape?

I'm sorry I'm getting back to "entitelment" and I'm sorry I'm going to throw in "other influences " and teachings.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Not to mention sex trafficking during the Bosnian wars.

Namaste,

OHHH!H!!DFdjfjlksdflkjdkjdskljds!!!!!!!!!!

SHHHhhhhhhhHHH!!!!!!

Before I say anything on the matter, please be aware that my following response may be subjected to heated debate and rapid lambasting....

The Serbs handpicked Muslim Bosniaks and Catholic Hrvatskis...taking the prettiest ones to "brothels" were they were systematically raped. The prettier ones were sold to the generals at very high prices.

Here is the catch though: the Serbs raped mostly the best looking ones to say to the Muslim Bosniaks the following:

"Hey look! We are raping your most beautiful women and there is nothing you can do about it! They will bear us Christian (Orthodox) babies!"
- - - - - -
A similar approach happened in Bangladesh by Muslim Pakistanis against Hindu Bengalis and even, ironically, Muslim Bengalis. The point was to rape the prettiest, destroy the pride of the raped ones, and shame the men who were the fathers, brothers, and husbands of the raped ones.

The same thing also happened with the Uzbeks in Kyrgyzstan!

It has power/dominance, looks, entitlement, etc. etc. etc. all in one. It's a big fusion on why raping sprees occur. The better looking ones are usually raped to dishonor the men and their pride (the conquered men, obv.)...

M.V.

A

angellous_evangellous

If its ONLY about "you are violent or you aren't" like some sort of "inherent" feature in you then how could enviroment or "teaching" ever help create or deter rape?

I'm sorry I'm getting back to "entitelment" and I'm sorry I'm going to throw in "other influences " and teachings.

I think that rape is more about initial disposition (violent) and/or not knowing when to stop (ignorance).

In the case of a violent nature, people can be taught to control it and focus it on things that are not harmful, thus preventing acts of violence.

In this case, I think that we should experiment this on a college campus. Preferably one in Fort Worth. Like TCU.:D