• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scripture says God is in Hell!

John D. Brey

At any rate, Please explain how Kabbalah applies to the OP. I understand the Hebrew Jewish mysticism piece, but could you offer more insights? :)

First, there was no sarcasm. Your opening salvo in this thread really does seem rather brilliant to me.

In kabbalah, God's justice and or arm of judgment, gevurah (i.e., the Old Testament "devil," in NT parlance), and his mercy, hesed (grace, and salvation), are indeed part and parcel of the One God of Judeo/Christian thought. The conflict between God and devil is one of the pathos that drives the dialogue throughout the kabbalistic texts. Precisely since one is God's left hand (gevurah, Samael), while the other is his right hand: the Holy One of God הקב׳׳ה called by Kurios in Greek and the Tetragrammaton in Hebrew.

John

Spiderman

Veteran Member
First, there was no sarcasm. Your opening salvo in this thread really does seem rather brilliant to me.

In kabbalah, God's justice and or arm of judgment, gevurah (i.e., the Old Testament "devil," in NT parlance), and his mercy, hesed (grace, and salvation), are indeed part and parcel of the One God of Judeo/Christian thought. The conflict between God and devil is one of the pathos that drives the dialogue throughout the kabbalistic texts. Precisely since one is God's left hand (gevurah, Samael), while the other is his right hand: the Holy One of God הקב׳׳ה called by Kurios in Greek and the Tetragrammaton in Hebrew.

John
"Salvo"! I like that. :)

Also, I didn't know that was taught in Kabbalah! It is good info to know!:thumbsup:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yes... all scripture is truly recorded but not all scripture is true.
For example:
Aaron said that the calf he made was the god that delivered Israel. It is truly recorded by inspiration of God but it wasn't a truth.

What ! I find it was 'Aaron' who lied. What is recorded is the 'lie that Aaron told' at Exodus 32:4 B.
What God said is God's truth as recorded earlier at Exodus 20:4. See also Nehemiah 9:18 and Psalms 106:19-20.
The fact that a person's lies are exposed does Not mean that Scripture is wrong, just what the person did is wrong.

Dogknox20

According to the King Jimmy Bible, God is actually in Hell!

Psalm 139
King James Bible
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there"

This actually makes total sense, if indeed God is omnipresent, by The very definition of the word omnipresent, it means he would have to be in all places, and in all realms at once, including hell!

God is also an Alien, because he wasn't born on planet earth!

So if God is in hell, could it be that God and the devil are actually one!??

This makes sense if you consider the fact that the prayer Jesus teaches people to pray, above all prayers, contains "lead us not into temptation."

And who according to Christian theology leads people into temptation, but the devil himself.

It seems to me like God wants to live life through his creatures, and experience life and the world through his creatures, and one of those creatures would be the devil.

As I said, God and the devil have so much in common, God enables and gives Satan so much power, they should simply get married! :smilingimp:
The word "Hell" means the place of the dead! A Jew would say "Scholl" the abode of the dead! The creed was made in (about) 400 A.D.
The Early Church fathers used the word "Hell" when they made the creed! Because Christians have always believed "Hell to mean the place of the dead! IT....

I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended into hell;
on the third day He rose again from the dead;

etc

Spiderman it was the English Protestants that changed the meaning of the word "Hell" to mean Gehenna: The place of the damned or the lake of fire Satan's home! WHY...

Spiderman
why because they rejected prayers for the dead they rejected a Place where the soul can be purged of sin after death! It was they that changed the meaning of the word Hell to mean Satan's Home!

MyM

Well, even if there are consequences, it is still the right thing to do.

God tortures and kills far more people than Adolf Hitler, and the tortures God has are worse and last longer.

For a lot of people, they were warned to not speak against Hitler too, and they suffered death or torture for doing so, tens of millions.

They still did the right thing.

I oppose God trying to get him to change his mind and not be so cruel and unjust to people. It is the right thing to do.

A lot of people just bend the knee to God because they are scared of him, not because they agree with him.

Also, in the Old Testament , God was going to destroy Israel, and Moses disagreed with God, argued with god, essentially he told God that God's plans were stupid with a different choice of words.

Moses stated that his plans were better than God's, and scripture says " God repented of the evil he planned on doing to Israel".

If all Moses did was bend the knee and go along with God , and surrender and submit to god, God would have destroyed all of Israel in the wilderness. It's a good thing Moses fought with god.

My last name is an alternative for Jacob. In the Old Testament God says of jacob, "you have fought with God and you have fought with man, and you have won", and his name was changed to Israel which means, "one who fights with God." Sometimes it is the right thing to fight with God! ;)

Also, Islam is responsible for more oppression and killing of innocent people and terrorism in my lifetime than every other religion combined.

There are a lot of religions in this world, and in my lifetime you can combine them all together, and they have not killed as many people for religious reasons as Islam has, or been as responsible for as much terrorism in the name of God, as Islam has.

Islam currently in our world is a religion that has raised up regimes that oppress more people in the name of God, and rob more people of freedom of speech, than all non-Muslim religions combined.

Islam currently oppresses hundreds of millions of people, robbing them of basic liberties. It is extremely sad what Islam has done to our world!

Jesus said "you will know a false prophet by their fruits!" He said a bad tree produces bad fruit!

All one has to do is look at the world around us, and we can see the fruit of islam! It was started as a very violent intolerant religion, and the Quran is full of violence, bigotry, judgments, condemnation, hatred, and even has very graphic tortures of cutting off people's hands and feet, crucifying people, pouring boiling water on people, and burning people, for opposing the Prophet!

! It is thoroughly disturbing and disgusting to cut off people's hands and feet and torture people to death! Yet it is in the Islamic holy book and glorified!! :(

Every current country that is predominantly muslim, and has an Islamic government, is a nation that Islam violently conquered with the sword, and outlawed basic liberties, and persecuted other religions!

In Saudi arabia, the Muslim holy land and capitol, where Mecca is located, there is not a single church or synagogue or Pagan Temple! There is not a single religious structure in Saudi Arabia that is not Muslim! It is because of pure intolerance and bigotry promoted in the Quran!

They also cut off hands and heads, because that was the practice of Muhammad , and it is promoted in the quran, and many people in my lifetime have been stoned to death by Islamic regimes, crucified, or died in some extremely barbaric way , for simply questioning islam, or being accused of adultery, or being homosexual, or whatever!

There is not one single country in the world that is predominantly christian, that outlaws mosques or outlaws all religious structures that are not christian!

Yet Muslims do this! Jews do not do this, I don't know of any Religion that does or executes this kind of bigotry but islam! It speaks volumes about what kind of a religion Islam is!;)

It isn't Islam that does these things. PEOPLE DO. :)
In UAE there are churches ...now they are building a temple for jews....

I think your hatred for Islam has made you listen to the bad people who hate it. I really think you need to understand that there are bad and good people in every religion. But to blame God isn't the way to go in my opinion.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It isn't Islam that does these things. PEOPLE DO. :)
In UAE there are churches ...now they are building a temple for jews....

I think your hatred for Islam has made you listen to the bad people who hate it. I really think you need to understand that there are bad and good people in every religion. But to blame God isn't the way to go in my opinion.
There are some Muslim countries that allow more freedoms than others, but it doesn't change the fact that Islamic regimes persecute hundreds of millions of people and Rob them of free speech and basic liberties in our current world, and Muslims have been more violent and more oppressive than every other religion combined , in my lifetime!

It speaks volumes about the religion! If one religion is producing people that are on average, as a general rule, more violent than all the other religions combined, it says something about that religion!

Also, it is the religion Islam that is a problem! You can't fool me, because I have read the Quran front to back! I found it to be thoroughly disgusting! It has graphic mutilations and hateful tortures, repeated calls to violence, and repeatedly condemning people who cherish other faiths! The hatred and bigotry in the Quran is recited over and over and over and over and over again, and it creates bigoted hateful people, which I have seen repeatedly in my lifetime! ;)

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The word "Hell" means the place of the dead! A Jew would say "Scholl" the abode of the dead! The creed was made in (about) 400 A.D.
The Early Church fathers used the word "Hell" when they made the creed! Because Christians have always believed "Hell to mean the place of the dead! IT....

I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended into hell;
on the third day He rose again from the dead;

etc

Spiderman it was the English Protestants that changed the meaning of the word "Hell" to mean Gehenna: The place of the damned or the lake of fire Satan's home! WHY...

Spiderman
why because they rejected prayers for the dead they rejected a Place where the soul can be purged of sin after death! It was they that changed the meaning of the word Hell to mean Satan's Home!
I stand in agreement with your clear belief that Protestantism is a bunch of unbiblical manmade garbage heresy!

I can tell from your posting history that you feel that way!

Where you and I differ though is, if God would let any creature be tortured in flames for ever, including Satan, then God is not love!

No one loving allows their sick dog with rabies to go on living, but puts the dog out of it's misery, if there is no cure to it's illness or agony!

God could ease suffering in Hell. God could bring some form of anesthesia and bring amusement and euphoria to Hell!

God doesn't have to leave people in eternal misery, agony, regret, guilt, shame, hatred, and toxic emotions!

Any God who would create a creature with feelings, knowing that the creature would suffer, and the suffering would never end, is the epitome of sick, foul, disgusting, cruel, terrible, evil, and despicable, according to how I define what all those words mean, and according to what my conscience tells me is right and wrong, and what love actually is and means!

If that is our God, it will be total Hell for me spending an eternity in Heaven worshipping such a sick, foul, disgusting, ridiculously cruel being!

If that is God, then I hate him, and I regret the fact that he ever formed me in my mother's womb, that I would have to be his creation, that I would have to deal with him, that he would call me to be in Heaven with his cruel, sick , disgusting ***, or that he would condemn me to Hell! :mad:

I cannot, nor ever could I bring myself to love a God who would be so cruel as to torture a creature or being forever and ever and ever, never giving them a second chance, eternal hopelessness, eternal torment!

If that is our God, he is worse than Ted Bundy, Jeffry Dahmer, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and countless of the worse criminals combined!

They didn't cause as much agony as such a disgusting God causes, if indeed that is the God we have!:mad:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What ! I find it was 'Aaron' who lied. What is recorded is the 'lie that Aaron told' at Exodus 32:4 B.
What God said is God's truth as recorded earlier at Exodus 20:4. See also Nehemiah 9:18 and Psalms 106:19-20.
The fact that a person's lies are exposed does Not mean that Scripture is wrong, just what the person did is wrong.
that is what I am saying. Just because King David said God is in Hell... doesn't mean that God is there.

What David WAS saying is that he can't escape from God

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Early Church fathers used the word "Hell" when they made the creed! Because Christians have always believed "Hell to mean the place of the dead!...............
He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; etc
Spiderman
why because they rejected prayers for the dead they rejected a Place where the soul can be purged of sin after death! It was they that changed the meaning of the word Hell to mean Satan's Home!...

Yes, in the Hebrew sheol was the abode of the dead ( grave ).
Yes, on the day righteous Jesus died Jesus went to hell - Acts 2:27 - biblical hell meaning the grave.
( The grave for the sleeping dead - John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5 )
King James changed the word Gehenna (garbage pit) into English as: hell fire.
The definition of the lake of fire is ' second death ' according to Revelation 20:13-14.
Sinner Satan ends up, Not in any hell, but in ' second death ' - Revelation 21:8.
Since Jesus destroys Satan ( see Hebrews 2:14 ) then ' second death ' stands for: destruction.
This is why Scripture teaches destruction for the wicked - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22.

Since ' death ' is the total price tag that sin pays - see Romans 6:23; Romans 6:7 - then there is No post-mortem penalty, No double jeopardy for the dead because they are acquitted of sin.

Sinner Satan's home was never hell/sheol and never will be; Satan will be abyssed - Revelation 20

MyM

There are some Muslim countries that allow more freedoms than others, but it doesn't change the fact that Islamic regimes persecute hundreds of millions of people and Rob them of free speech and basic liberties in our current world, and Muslims have been more violent and more oppressive than every other religion combined , in my lifetime!

It speaks volumes about the religion! If one religion is producing people that are on average, as a general rule, more violent than all the other religions combined, it says something about that religion!

Also, it is the religion Islam that is a problem! You can't fool me, because I have read the Quran front to back! I found it to be thoroughly disgusting! It has graphic mutilations and hateful tortures, repeated calls to violence, and repeatedly condemning people who cherish other faiths! The hatred and bigotry in the Quran is recited over and over and over and over and over again, and it creates bigoted hateful people, which I have seen repeatedly in my lifetime! ;)

Well, from what I gather, you don't obvious understand it. Just like there are parts of the Bible you can't comprehend. The book is FOR THE UNDERSTANDING.

If you see it as a book of disgust and accept the Bible where it is contradicted by even Christian theologians, good luck in finding the truth.. You turn away from God, God will turn away from you, no doubt.

Freedom of speech and all that stuff, ya know half the countries in the world---including America, will silence many if they care to. Wake up!

You have no idea about Islam. The tortures most likely are describing Hellfire and the disbelievers who disbelieve in God will endure. It doesn't call for violence unless it is justified. What you don't understand is, Allah is the only one worthy of worship. He is a jealous God and since he created you and me, he knows more.

If you want to know the truth, ask. You can't just read something and say you understand it. That's not how the Quran works.

He is the One Who has revealed to you ˹O Prophet˺ the Book, of which some verses are precise—they are the foundation of the Book—while others are elusive. Those with deviant hearts follow the elusive verses seeking ˹to spread˺ doubt through their ˹false˺ interpretations—but none grasps their ˹full˺ meaning except Allah. As for those well-grounded in knowledge, they say, “We believe in this ˹Quran˺—it is all from our Lord.” But none will be mindful ˹of this˺ except people of reason. (Al Imran 3:7)

rational experiences

Veteran Member
The first science of man's thinking said the rock stone is first God.

First God opened its cooling hell volcano to begin creating it's heavens.

Nothing at all to do with any man's thesis.

A thinker. As your position number one is in a cooled heavens oxygenated water mass as a human man. Biological cell man biological cell thinker man by your man only biologies presence.

The exact place think build.

Rationally.

No argument is allowed as you are the thinking human.

Lying means you pretend you aren't.

Then you thought about yourself.

You lived owning the human body whose cell keeps replacing itself until it can't. Then you die.

So you knew it wasn't given to you. The cell of rhe human. It was owned in biology exact.

What you theoried was to have it taken from you. As it was your own arrogant man's ignorance that themed going back in time.

When you built your machine it was an alien in the design by man thinking trapped inside said machine. Man designer machine a type of man plus design first. As man spiritually by mind operates controls said machine.

Alien inside your machine first as a biological thinker was thought for a presence in fact... alien machine as compared not your being.

So virtually it lived trapped inside your machines body. First.

When you caused by pyramid technology your biome water mass life support began by themed time shift s of included....to leave so the machine no longer was cooled on the ground as it had been first with your biological thesis. Why it blew up.

How a man released the alien of his design his machine.

And it's been leaving earths machine mass since you liar.

tom foolery

Psalm 139
King James Bible
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there"

This actually makes total sense, if indeed God is omnipresent, by The very definition of the word omnipresent, it means he would have to be in all places, and in all realms at once, including hell!

God is also an Alien, because he wasn't born on planet earth!

So if God is in hell, could it be that God and the devil are actually one!??

This makes sense if you consider the fact that the prayer Jesus teaches people to pray, above all prayers, contains "lead us not into temptation."

And who according to Christian theology leads people into temptation, but the devil himself.

It seems to me like God wants to live life through his creatures, and experience life and the world through his creatures, and one of those creatures would be the devil.

As I said, God and the devil have so much in common, God enables and gives Satan so much power, they should simply get married! :smilingimp:
why is that? most people who get married do not do so out of a desire to give power to someone else. sounds like you have some personal stuff going on. there are people you can talk to for that. but you should just tell him.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
why is that? most people who get married do not do so out of a desire to give power to someone else. sounds like you have some personal stuff going on. there are people you can talk to for that. but you should just tell him.
It would almost appear that you were implying that I might be the Devil or something. :p

Also, I'm not married!

I asked a woman I love more than all creatures combined, who I still love, and received many " signs" from God that she was my future wife and destiny.

I jumped off a three story building the day she rejected my marriage proposal , and I spent ten weeks in a wheelchair.

I want to get married, but first I need the Holy Spirit. But Got insists on being stingy with his grace. ;)

tom foolery

It would almost appear that you were implying that I might be the Devil or something. :p

Also, I'm not married!

I asked a woman I love more than all creatures combined, who I still love, and received many " signs" from God that she was my future wife and destiny.

I jumped off a three story building the day she rejected my marriage proposal , and I spent ten weeks in a wheelchair.

I want to get married, but first I need the Holy Spirit. But Got insists on being stingy with his grace. ;)
was it a hard no? because if you were with her for a while and thought it was right it sounds like you thought she felt the same way. if that was the case maybe there was something you did not know. could be as simple as bad timing.

tom foolery

Also, I'm not married!

if it was a hard no, though, leave and move on. i would take a hard no as a big solid sign

Psalm 139
King James Bible

The word “hell” is actually “sheol”, or “grave” in that. It is not speaking of the fire lake, Gehenna, that is also called hell usually.

Mark Charles Compton

Pineal Peruser

I was recently led to hypothesize (no evidence or proof) that the word could actually be related to the reason we call Ancient Greeks "Hellenes".

We currently have very little information outside of 'Homer's Iliad' who Hellen or his tribe the Hellenes were and what their practices/lifestyles involved. In the Iliad, it mentions that before the tribe's patriarch Hellen, the name Hellas did not exist... <--- That's where I get my assumption/hypothesis.