• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientology links

that's right - none are official links.
that's because Scientology wants to hide part of the truth (the part that might make them lose membership and $$$)

if you want a two-sided view, go to Wikipedia.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
So, what is the point of this thread ?...... You need to gauge things for yourself.

Bishka

Veteran Member
exit_and_how said:
that's because Scientology wants to hide part of the truth (the part that might make them lose membership and $$$)

Perhaps and perhaps not.

point of thread is to lead people to sources of information
that may help them when involved with $cientology.
These links should be discussed as to verity.

it is up to them to point and click or not to point and click
in order to find out what things they may need to know...

Bishka

Veteran Member
exit_and_how said:
point of thread is to lead people to sources of information
that may help them when involved with Scientology.
These links should be discussed as to verity.

it is up to them to point and click or not to point and click
in order to find out what things they may need to know...

Sources of information which do not have to do with the official Scientology website.

Here is an official site

Church of Scientology Official Page

By providing only one-sided pages, you are promoting itolerance and unawareness of the what they actually believe.

Note: I am not a supporter of Scientoogy, nor do I believe in it, but I do believe in letting the religions speak for themselves.

if no one provided these links, it would be one-sided.
the official sites are made only by $cientology.
"religioustolerance.org" is one of their front groups.
There is a deliberate effort to obfuscate / dissolve/ squash
any negative PR of $cientology.

Here's something that someone on the fringe might like to know:
in advanced levels followers of $cientology
are led to believe that mankind was trapped in volcanos by
an evil entity called Xenu.

wouldn't facts like these affect how people deal with $cientology?

Also, did you know that members are discouraged from open discussion
of their own religion because they are not supposed to give "verbal data"?

i'm not opposed to an official site - go ahead and click there - but when the official view is the only view, it's dangerous in my opinion. it MUST be balanced.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
exit_and_how said:
i'm not opposed to an official site - go ahead and click there - but when the official view is the only view, it's dangerous in my opinion. it MUST be balanced.

So.... there needs to be a balance of truth to lies? Am I reading that right..?

Bishka

Veteran Member
exit_and_how said:
the official sites are made only by Scientology.
any negative PR by the Scientology.

Conspiracy theories now? :cover:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
exit_and_how said:
the official sites are made only by Scientology.
any negative PR by the Scientology.

in advanced levels followers of Scientology

wouldn't facts like these affect how people deal with Scientology?

You know, I'm just not really sure what to think about your approach, e&h. My first inclination is to say that I disagree with you. If I want accurate information on any religion, it just doesn't make any sense to me at all to go to their enemies. When I see how anti-Mormons distort LDS doctrine on their websites, I can't help but think that the same must be true of people who feel the need to provide us with "the truth" about Scientology.

For instance, let's assume that you are entirely correct in stating that "followers of Scientology are led to believe that mankind was trapped in volcanos by an evil entity called Xenu." So what? If people want to believe that, how is it hurting you or me or anyone else? Mormons believe that there is a star known as Kolob and that this star is the closest of all stars to Heaven. People think we're nuts for believing that, but I can't see that anyone is being hurt by this belief. I pay 10% of my income as a tithe to my Church. No one forces me to do so, but if you read what the anti-Mormon websites have to say on the subject, you'll get an entirely different perspective on the situation.

Have you personally been involved in Scientology? Does you knowledge come from first-hand experience?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
exit_and_how said:

so? Jews are lead to believe the first woman came from God taking a rib out of a man and putting flesh around it. Pagans are lead to believe that if they don't give their offering to the Sun at winter solstice, it might not come out of hiding. Christians are lead to believe a virgin gave birth - the majority of religious belief can be made to sound abstract and far-fetched, but that is not an argument to say that Scientology is a bad religion.
i didn't know that - where do i go to check if this is true?

yes, but with regards to Scientology, and Mormonsim, and many aspects of Paganism among other religions, they are very widely misunderstood and stereotyped, and a lot of sites on the internet are heavily affected by these stereotypes and misunderstandings - so when it comes down to the beliefs and practises of these religions, i would rather look at official sources.

Booko

Deviled Hen
exit_and_how said:

Somehow, I think we're all capable of typing "Scientology" into Google and finding the non-official sites. :rolleyes:

They're hardly difficult to find. In fact, NOT finding links like those would be a feat of miraculous proportions.

By contrast, it would be harder to find into on Nation of Islam's belief that white people were created by a mad scientist on the island of Patmos, unless you knew what you were looking for, thankyouverymuch. :sarcastic

Quite a number of users on here have remarked that when they encounter scientologists online, they can't get them to talk about Scientology.