• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science and Jesus

gnostic

The Lost One
can you believe in both evolution and jesus ?

Can you believe in both gravity and Jesus?

Can you believe in both quantum mechanics and Jesus?

Can you believe in both stars and Jesus?

You can believe in whatever you want to believe. You can believe in both. Or believe in one or the other. Or believe in none of them.

However, Jesus never taught any science whatsoever; he only taught -
  • about morality, which have social values, and…
  • about salvation and resurrection, plus the faith-based belief in God, which have only religious & spiritual values…
…the later, are based on faith in beliefs in the supernatural, and judging by what we can observe in natural reality, the supernatural doesn’t really except in imagination of some people.

Plus, why would anyone who are not Christians or not Muslims, should have to believe in Jesus?

I am not talking about atheists or agnostics. I am about people from other religions, like the Jews, Hinduism, Buddhism, and many others, where Jesus and church teachings don’t exist in their own beliefs, so Jesus have no values to them.

As to Evolution. Evolution is biology, and Jesus and nothing in the Bible teach anything about biology.

The Bible also doesn’t teach or explain anything about gravity, quantum mechanics, astronomy or any other sciences. Evolution is as factual as other scientific theories, which are explanations on biodiversity of life, that are based on observable and verifiable evidence, that don’t require belief and faith.

Evidence and faith are not the same thing.

Faith is personal and subjective, and required to accept beliefs in supernatural, like the beliefs in miracles and creation, beliefs in the afterlife via resurrection, beliefs in god, angels and demons. Supernatural doesn’t exist in nature.

Evolution isn’t supernatural; there are no magic and no miracles in Evolution. It’s biology.

So your question is just absurd comparison. As the supernatural parts in the Old & New Testaments, don’t exist in the natural and physical reality.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Short answer... Yes

A bit longer... Most Catholics have no problem reconciling the two, and members of plenty of other denominations too.

I know at least one scientist on RF who believes in Jesus and accepts evolution. (As i remember, many years ago (before RF days) we had quite an argument about it ;-)

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I know at least one scientist on RF who believes in Jesus and accepts evolution. (As i remember, many years ago (before RF days) we had quite an argument about it ;-)
:)

I'm an anthropologist, now retired, and physical anthropology deals with human evolution scientifically.

However, I don't believe you & I ever argued about this or anything else for all that matter. :shrug:

ChristineM

Premium Member
:)

I'm an anthropologist, now retired, and physical anthropology deals with human evolution scientifically.

However, I don't believe you & I ever argued about this or anything else for all that matter. :shrug:

I did say "at least one", i didn't mean you but a person who was on another (now defunct) forum that i was also on.

Eli G

Atheists would love that if it were the majority ... Actually, they are the ones trying to bring this topic and defend that position most of the time. Atheists won't tell real Christians what to believe

Obviously Jesus was against the evolution theory, since he believed Adam and Eve were real historical characters.

ChristineM

Premium Member
The theory of evolution is fiction. :cool:

There is more evidence to confirm evolution is correct than there is for a god or for Jesus. You feel free to believe your myth, in the meantime evolutionary science will help keep you healthy

Eli G

The theory of evolution is not a healthy fiction to societies. We can see what humans can do when they don't fear God. :rolleyes:

Eli G

This is what Jesus said about the first human couple:

Matt. 19:4 In reply he said: “Have you not read that the one who created them from the beginning made them male and female 5 and said: ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’? 6 So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together, let no man put apart.”

Evidently, he was against the theory of evolution, and if there is anyone who believes in that secular theory, that person is NOT a real follower of Jesus.

Mark 8:38 "For whoever becomes ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of man will also be ashamed of him when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

ChristineM

Premium Member
This is what Jesus said about the first human couple:

Matt. 19:4 In reply he said: “Have you not read that the one who created them from the beginning made them male and female 5 and said: ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’? 6 So that they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has yoked together, let no man put apart.”

Evidently, he was against the theory of evolution, and if there is anyone who believes in that secular theory, that person is NOT a real follower of Jesus.

Mark 8:38 "For whoever becomes ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of man will also be ashamed of him when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

Wrong

Thats what the bible says Jesus says.

Eli G

And what this forum says is less useful than what the Bible says.

The Bible has been there for thousands of years, and this forum is just an atheist spawn to fight against it... Many have tried before, and never could. :p

Is. 40:6 Listen! Someone is saying: “Call out!”
Another asks: “What should I call out?”
“All flesh is green grass.
All their loyal love is like the blossom of the field.
7 The green grass dries up,
The blossom withers,
Because the breath of Jehovah blows upon it.
Surely the people are but green grass.
8 The green grass dries up,
The blossom withers,
But the word of our God endures forever.”

Last edited:

ChristineM

Premium Member
And what this forum says is less useful than what the Bible says.

The Bible has been there for thousands of years, and this forum is just an atheist spawn to fight against it... Many have tried before, and never could. :p

Yet you used your science invented conluting device to post that