• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Reading Pema again ... you forget - included in talking page ... remind me to paste more images - or get the book or htm page

pema-chodron-513895.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
When things get really hard -

Includes -

In 1997 when people with lived experience worked together to develop WRAP, we had an earnest discussion of identifying and responding to triggers. It was decided by the group that we shouldn’t spend a lot of time “catastrophizing”, thinking of all of the bad things that might happen. It was agreed that it would be easy to get carried away with identifying “huge” triggers, and that it was not likely we would identify the things that would actually happen in our lives. I could never have predicted what would happen in my life after that day. Much of it has been wonderful. And some of it has been so difficult, and even tragic, so tragic that some days I don’t know how I can go forward for one more day, how I can take one more step.

When we discussed this issue in the group, we talked about using the Wellness Tools that we have in our Triggers Action Plan more intensively and consistently in these times–using whichever tools were available and felt right to us. It was a good call. None of this is easy but this is the best we could figure out.

Many other articles on that page! ->

When Things Get Really Hard | Mental Health Recovery

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More suggestions here -

Sustained happiness involves contentment and peace of mind, the feelings you want in between those big bursts. We all have a happiness set point, a baseline degree of a happiness determined by genetics. But beyond that set point, a great deal of our happiness is in our control, according to happiness researcher and author Sonja Lyubomirsky.

In fact, 40% of our happiness is determined by our choices and habits.

However, there are many decisions that diminish our feelings of happiness and make it more difficult to move past our set point on the happiness scale.

Want to practice better behaviors?

How To Be Happy Always (50 Tips For Happiness)

Enjoy!

:)