• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More from recent emails -

getty_528903494_255246.jpg

7 Myths About Emotions That Will Prevent You From Being Mentally Strong

More to follow ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From the very well mind site -

The idea of "managing" negative emotions is a complex one. It doesn't mean avoiding feeling them—avoidance coping is actually a form of coping that attempts to do this, and it can often backfire. It also doesn't mean letting these negative emotions wreak havoc on your life, your relationships, and your stress levels. Unmanaged anger, for example, can compel us to destroy relationships if we allow it to.

Managing negative emotions is more about embracing the fact that we are feeling them, determining why we are feeling this way, and allowing ourselves to receive the messages that they are sending us before we release them and move forward. (Yes, that statement may sound a little odd, but our emotions are definitely designed to be messengers to tell us something, and these messages can be very valuable if we listen.)

For the rest of the article -

Can Embracing Negative Emotions Make You Happier?

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Yes .... more emails -

Happiness problems negative thinking -

Especially this one -

People often try many different ways to get rid of their negative thoughts, including distractions, diversions or ‘drowning their sorrows’ only to later mentally beat themselves up for being still stuck in their negativity. It can feel like a real internal battle. These are common strategies that attempt to stop the thoughts and numb the pain in the short term but they only make things worse in the long term. It doesn’t fix the problem at its core.

For the full article -

https://mrsmindfulness.com/the-four-keys-to-overcoming-negative-thinkingfor-good/

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Busy weekend ... a fizzer in the grand final - 3 goals total on a good weather day ...

Holy Madness Dennis Gersten

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Posted a few - and many into new cwg page & dreams & Imaginary conversations - email me if you want more details ...

Or checkout these articles -

Articles

Ciao!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
For that cwg page -

When I finished with my comments a man in the back of the room rose to ask what he said was a burning question: "When I first read Conversations with God I was very touched because it allowed me to believe in a God who loved me. Now I am confused. You have just described a God who doesn't care what I do or how my life turns out. I feel desolate after hearing this description from you. This is not what I came expecting to hear today. It is very little short of depressing. Can you help me?"

For the full article -

Does God Care about us? > Neale Donald Walsch

Should post as thread - after all this is called a religious forum!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Figure out what happiness means -

If there is one thing that people across nationalities and political views can agree on, it’s that they want to be happy. One survey of 48 countries found that residents of every single country wanted happiness for their children. Obviously, happiness is a goal that most people see eye to eye on — but what is happiness? Does everyone agree on what happiness means, or do they mean something different by the word “happy”? If you mastered The Art of Happiness, taught by the Dalai Lama, would you become the same type of “happy” that John Lennon wanted to be when he grew up? When Pharrell Williams sang that he was happy, was he exercising the same inalienable right as the authors of the U.S. Declaration of Independence were describing?

Full article & blog here -

How to Be Happy, Step 1: Figure Out What “Happy” Means

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Here's another list of myths -

“One of the pervasive myths about happiness is that it is linear,” says psychologist Rachel Tomlinson, founder of Toward Wellbeing. This is the idea that if you just continue on the right path, you will become happier and happier over time. But, Tomlinson urges, “This isn’t the case!”

There’s no sure path to finding happiness, and certainly none based on some idea of “doing the ‘right thing,'” she explains.

For the rest of this site -

20 Biggest Myths About Happiness | Best Life

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Busy few days - see emails - e.g. this list of tips -

Here are just some of the ways to think positive:

Help your brain get used to thinking positive.

Start your day by imagining the way it looks in your happy life.

Savor positive moments.

Capitalize on positive moments.

Pay attention to the positive things.

Create a collection of positive images or positive quotes.

Think positive, but think negative when you need to.

Practice gratitude.

Stop minimizing your successes.

For the full article and this blog -

10 Skills You Need to Live a Happy Life

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From emails - happiness face life challenges - a few - such as -

Life is full of challenges, and none of us is exempt. Situations we run into impose vital challenges that often end in disappointment. Those who seek their own happiness tend to overcome such challenges and improve their future life situations.

Though each of our individual situations is different, there are some common life situations that create suffering and challenges for many of us, but through which we also learn and become stronger.

The Seven Logs: Common Challenges We All Face in Life — Exploring your mind

More to follow ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Having a good quality of life is about learning to invest in your well-being. We encourage you to discover yourself, focus on your identity and your potential as a person. We invite you to strengthen your self-esteem and find that balance between mind and body to achieve happiness. Because wellness means looking after your emotions and at the same time discovering the inspiration behind the best sayings, theories, and approaches which help you grow a little more every day.

Comes from this page -

Wellness — Exploring your mind

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Debunking myths about schizophrenia -

Schizophrenia is perhaps the most misunderstood of all mental illnesses, mostly due to the sheer amount of misinformation out there. Some of this is due to movies and TV, while some can be attributed to stereotypes about mental illness. There are several cultural and demographic myths regarding schizophrenia — these are the four most common.

Debunking 4 Myths About Schizophrenia | Talkspace

Ciao!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
For our click here thread - more free pdfs -

We all aim to be happy – and some people seem to be able to experience life with a higher level of happiness than others.

In recent years, happiness has become a serious topic of scientific investigation, and the results of this research to date provide some interesting ideas on how we can improve our mental health and experience of life.

This Life Squared booklet explores the issue of happiness and provides some practical tips that could help you to promote your happiness.

How to be happy | Life Squared

https://www.lifesquared.org.uk/system/files/sites/default/files/downloads/HTBH_Booklet_download.pdf

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Busy weekend - and a few emails ... try googling some of this - or just the links in the text ...

First of all, most happy individuals have a relentless “attitude of gratitude” approach to life even when life is not perfect. Being grateful when life is good, is relatively easy, but actively choosing to be grateful in the midst of adversity is a big key to happiness.

As I say, we are all graduates from the “University of Adversity” called life, and remember, it’s not an easy road for anyone.

Comes from this huge page of tips ....

How to Make Yourself Happy - UpJourney

Plus the books recommended at right-hand-side of page ....

Also a few more from the click here htm page??

Enjoy your day!