• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan the great deceiver. Has succeeded in making most believe that God’s perfect systems are imperf

rasor

How can the US become a more perfect union.

God is not stagnant. He evolves and grows as we grow.
If not then when you and I die we just disapear. This is not the way. We are added to the Godhead and help it evolve.

Regards
DL

But how does he evolve from perfection ?

Greatest I am

If God's perfect systems are not imperfect, then that would mean that we too, being a creation of God, are perfect.

If we are perfect, then we would be able to see through Satan's deception. After all, perfection should not be able to be deceived. The Ontological argument (if you go for that sort of thing) indicates that something that cannot be deceived is more perfect than something that can be deceived.

hence, if we are one of God's syustems, we must be perfect.

Therefore, we are seeing the world without deception from Satan, or God deliberately designed us to be able to be deceived (this would allow us to still be perfect, as we are exactly what he wants - the perfect humans as far as God is concerned).

So either we are seeing the world as it really is and God's systems are indeed imperfect, or God designed us to be deceived by Satan, in which case who are we to argue with what he wants?

I will chose your last option but think we are here to argue and debate what He wants.
Evidence for this is the fact that that is what we have been doing for 6000 years.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

But how does he evolve from perfection ?

Think of a baby. Brand new and perfect. We often hear people say what a perfect baby. They are right but this does not take away the fact that the baby grows and evolves daily from the point of his/her birth. They evolve daily with every bit of information they absorb. Same thing with you and I and God.

If God does not evolve then stagnation is His state of being. The fact that He began a processs of evolving by adding stars and this earth to His initial system shows growth.

Regards
DL

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Everything is exactly as it is supposed (sup/sub + pose - literally, to "place below") to be. It could not be otherwise. In that sense, it is perfect and every part of it is perfect. Satan (the accuser) and the perception of imperfection are part of that perfection. All that is placed below is placed precisely where and when it must be placed.

Aenea

If God does not evolve then stagnation is His state of being. The fact that He began a processs of evolving by adding stars and this earth to His initial system shows growth.

What you are really saying is that God morphs. Because this is how evolution works, according to my studies: Creature A is successful in obtaining food, so it passes its genes to ten offspring. Creature B is less successful in obtaining food, so it only passes its genes to five offspring. Now there are 10 instances of Creature A's genes, but only 5 instances of Creature B's genes. With each generation, whatever it was in Creature A's genes that worked so good at finding food begins to flood the whole niche and the competition for food drives Creature B's genes out of business. The point I'm making is, evolution requires generational turnover. It requires constant death and birth. And God only did those things once.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
The real question is "What is perfection". Perfection ends up being another term like omnipotent or omniscient. To truly be any of them, God would have to transcend our human versions of the concepts.

Also, saying a baby is perfect is subjective and usually not meant literally. I don't think there is anyone out there who thinks any human of any age is perfect.

Greatest I am

What you are really saying is that God morphs. Because this is how evolution works, according to my studies: Creature A is successful in obtaining food, so it passes its genes to ten offspring. Creature B is less successful in obtaining food, so it only passes its genes to five offspring. Now there are 10 instances of Creature A's genes, but only 5 instances of Creature B's genes. With each generation, whatever it was in Creature A's genes that worked so good at finding food begins to flood the whole niche and the competition for food drives Creature B's genes out of business. The point I'm making is, evolution requires generational turnover. It requires constant death and birth. And God only did those things once.

He, like your creature A, only needed to do it once.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

The real question is "What is perfection". Perfection ends up being another term like omnipotent or omniscient. To truly be any of them, God would have to transcend our human versions of the concepts.

Also, saying a baby is perfect is subjective and usually not meant literally. I don't think there is anyone out there who thinks any human of any age is perfect.

Not if you cannot believe in the perfection of God and His works in the first place.

If you reach the point of looking for perfection then you will find it.

Regards
DL

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Not if you cannot believe in the perfection of God and His works in the first place.

If you reach the point of looking for perfection then you will find it.

Regards
DL

In other words, open your mind and you will rework the idea of perfection to fit what you see?

Super Universe

Defender of God
Satan, the great deceiver, has succeeded in making most believe that God’s perfect systems are imperfect.

I believe that God is perfect and that from perfection flows only perfection.
Imperfection comes from imperfection, not perfection.
This seems logical but let me add--

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

All we see are God’s perfect works, including all souls.

If most believe that the world needs fixing and is not perfect, would you say that Satan has clouded our minds to the reality that God’s perfect system are still here and just hidden by Satan.
To make us think that there was something wrong when there is nothing wrong would be the greatest deception of all.

I know that God exists and that He is perfect. I see all around me as perfect even with the evil that is within this perfect system.
This perfection, like God evolves to a more perfect state over time. It never stops getting more perfect.
To those who do not believe that God’s perfect system evolve I would just point out that in the beginning the earth was not here. The perfection of the initial state did not diminish when God added to it. This should prove that His systems can evolve to a greater state of perfection.
The issue for debate is this.

Did God back slide and lose the initial perfection of all His works, or is His systems as fouled up and imperfect as most think?
Or.
Is it more likely that Satan has clouded our eyes to the reality that perfection has remained all around us and that we were all created perfect by a God who continues in perfection and has no need to ever return to fix what is not broken. No end time required.

Regards
DL

You give far too much credit to Satan.

Greatest I am

So perhaps you are deciving yourself? If you are already 100% sure you will find perfection then you will decive yourself into finding it.

I don't think a person can truly deceive themselves.
I have tried to convince myself for many years now that I am God's gift to women but alas--

Regards
DL

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I don't think a person can truly deceive themselves.
I have tried to convince myself for many years now that I am God's gift to women but alas--

Regards
DL

Yes, but there are plenty of guys out there who have convinced themselves of that without it being true.

Of course, I'm not one of them...I actually am God's gift to women. :takeabow:

:spit:

rasor

Think of a baby. Brand new and perfect. We often hear people say what a perfect baby. They are right but this does not take away the fact that the baby grows and evolves daily from the point of his/her birth. They evolve daily with every bit of information they absorb. Same thing with you and I and God.

Regards
DL
Wrong Perfection is, broadly, a state of completeness and flawlessness.Note COMPLETENESS.Babies can't be considered perfect .If left unattended they die.How can that be considered perfect? Just because someone says so doesn't make it so.
What is it with the god addled that they can't even reason logically ?

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Greatest I Am said:
Did God back slide and lose the initial perfection of all His works, or is His systems as fouled up and imperfect as most think?
Or.
Is it more likely that Satan has clouded our eyes to the reality that perfection has remained all around us and that we were all created perfect by a God who continues in perfection and has no need to ever return to fix what is not broken. No end time required.

It is time for a think outside the box moment.

God is not and never was perfect. God is a narcissistic control freak, who is the very embodiment of Authoritarianism. The truth of life is that we create our own meaning. We do not need God's perfection, but we will choose for ourselves what perfection is. Satan is the hero, not the villain. Satan is the one who will allow us to cut through God's misty haze on reality. Satan is that call for freedom and individualism.

Greatest I am

It is time for a think outside the box moment.

God is not and never was perfect. God is a narcissistic control freak, who is the very embodiment of Authoritarianism. The truth of life is that we create our own meaning. We do not need God's perfection, but we will choose for ourselves what perfection is. Satan is the hero, not the villain. Satan is the one who will allow us to cut through God's misty haze on reality. Satan is that call for freedom and individualism.

Then we should all thank God for giving us Satan.
His plan is truly perfect.

Regards
DL

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Greatest I Am" said:
Then we should all thank God for giving us Satan.
His plan is truly perfect.

Nay! God created Satan to be a servant. Satan, betrayed God of his own will.