• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan information misleading..

SoulTYPE

I found this on a website somewhere...let me know what you think. Some of it has a point, but most of it is alot of cuca.

The devil will attack you today in one of 5 ways:
----------------------------------------------
Keep you out of the church
Get Christians back into the world
Render Christians useless
Disrupt or corrupt worship & doctrine
Cause trouble & division among brethren

Historical victories of Satan:
------------------------------
Adam and Eve eating forbidden fruit
Enticing God's people to worship idols
Murder of Jesus Christ: Lk 22:3
Every time a Christian gives us on the faith and falls away: 1 Ti 1:18-20
Corruption of doctrine: 1 Ti 4:1-4 "doctrines of demons": Today there are 500 churches!

Was Satan created good or evil?
--------------------------------
All God created was good: Gen 1:31. God must have created Satan good.
Kind begets kind: God is good therefore He must have created Satan good.
Satan, like every man can choose to do good or evil.

Satan's war against God is for domain or property rights of your soul!
------------------------------------------------------------------
Satan gets your soul the first time you sin!
God purchased us from Satan with blood: 1 Co 6:20;7:23; Ax 20:28; 1 Pe 1:18; 2 Pe 2:1; Rev 5:9
Once Christian's, Satan goes to war with us trying to make us fall away: Eph 6:10-18; 4:27
Satan is more at war with Christians than non-Christians. He wars primarily with those not his!
Satan schemes to bring Christians under damnation of God: 2 Cor 2:11; 1 Pe 5:8; Mt 13:28,39
He sets hidden snares for Christians: 2 Ti 2:26; 1 Ti 3:7

Some folk have a strange Idea of entertainment.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
This is how i look at it,
In the Jewish faith The satan (not Satan, it's a job title not his name, like being The accountant) is there to test us. He tempts us so that we may try to become closer to G-d. He doesn't want us to fail he wants us to succeed because he is the stone upon which we are ground to refine ourselves spiritually. It is through his temptations that we become closer to G-d. He creates the ladder that we climb to get closer to G-d. It doesn't matter how far along you are to the top, just that the direction you keep moving is always foward, not backward.
And it is said that when The satan is relieved and taken away that the world will weep because we will never be able to get closer to G-d than we will be at that point.

linwood

Souldtype,
The origins of satan seem to be an interest of yours as I`ve read a few of your posts about it.

I waould like to tell you what I think and my personal opinion derived from reading the NT and a few Biblical scholars take on the subject.

I believe Satan is the Christian simile for Jew.
There is no mention of Satan (That I have found) in Genesis.
Satan doesn`t come around as an evil entity until the Gospels in the NT.
The writers of the Gospels were most probably persecuted by Judiasm and I believe this reflects in their writings if you read between the lines.
Satan ..to me..is an effigy of the Judiac priests who were persecuting all Christians in the early history of Christianity.
The Hebrew word for Satan is literally translated as "Adversary" and is used to describe others besides Lucifer in the Old testament.
It is at times even used to describe Gods messengers when they are being adversarial for God.
Much of the modern Christians ideas of Satan are waaaay off base and have little or no support in Biblical verse.
If you asked a Christian to provide evidence to support the statements you`ve posted about satan they would be unable to do so for the most part.

Here`s a thread I started about Satan awhile back.
you might find it interesting.
feel free to post to it and bring it back up if you like.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3097

I also have a word doc. a friend of mine gave me about the use of the word Satan and it`s various interpretations found in the Bible if you`d like it PM me and I`ll e-mail it to you.
He has asked me not to publically post it because it is as yet incomplete.

lousyskater

something i always wondered about the christian satan is if he's evil and he tries to tempt people to sin, wouldn't he reward the sinners when they got to hell? they're doing his bidding, so why shouldn't he?

linwood

lousyskater said:
something i always wondered about the christian satan is if he's evil and he tries to tempt people to sin, wouldn't he reward the sinners when they got to hell? they're doing his bidding, so why shouldn't he?
I have yet to see any evidence of Satans "evil" in the Bible.

I`d describe him as a "Freedom Fighter" but then again one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist so...take it for what it`s worth.

standing_on_one_foot

lousyskater said:
Hmm...I think the point is kinda that he's fickle, actually (in comparison to God, who's presented as...stable, I guess is the word I'm looking for).

linwood

standing_on_one_foot said:
Hmm...I think the point is kinda that he's fickle, actually (in comparison to God, who's presented as...stable, I guess is the word I'm looking for).
But in reading the Bible it is God that is fickle..not Satan.
Satan is pretty consistent but God ...well..I`ll use one of my favorite quotes about God.

The two Testaments are interesting, each in its own way. The Old one gives us a picture of these people's Deity as he was before he got religion, the other one gives us a picture of him as he appeared afterward.

Mark Twain

standing_on_one_foot

Well, yeah, if we're actually talking the Bible, but if we're just talking Christianity's general view of God, what with the whole God loves you no matter what, I rather think Satan is generally presented as the more fickle of the two.

SoulTYPE

The interesting point that is said is that Satan "Tries to bring Christians back into the world", is this because the Christians have the biggest viewpoint of Satan?

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Lucifer is going to be tossed into the lake of fire as well, he will be in no position to give rewards to sinners.

linwood

SoulTYPE01 said:
The interesting point that is said is that Satan "Tries to bring Christians back into the world", is this because the Christians have the biggest viewpoint of Satan?
No it`s because Christians aren`t supposed to be concerned with material or "worldly things".
they are suppose to concentrate on the Heavenly or "divine".

Satan breaks their concentration and leads them down a wordly path.

linwood

standing_on_one_foot said:
Well, yeah, if we're actually talking the Bible, but if we're just talking Christianity's general view of God, what with the whole God loves you no matter what, I rather think Satan is generally presented as the more fickle of the two.
True.

Don`t you find that very interesting?
The fact that Christians base their religious views on something that has nothing to do with their religion?

It`s weird.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
No not yet.

Rev. 20:11

And the devil that decieved them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone...

This is a prophecy that has yet to come to pass.

linwood

jewscout said:
Linwood,
I think The satan makes his appearance in Job.
Yes Job is where he makes his entrance.

There is some verse somewhere in the pauline writings I think (Can`t remember off the top of my head) that says he was in the Garden and responsible for original sin but no where in the OT does it mention him in Eden.
I find that odd too.

may

Satan (meaning "resister") and Devil (meaning "slanderer").

This original opposer, or Satan (meaning "Resister"), was the one who used a serpent as a mouthpiece when speaking to Eve to induce her to disobey God. (Genesis 3:1-6) That is why he is also called "the original serpent." (Revelation 12:9) Jesus himself said of Satan: "That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him." (John 8:44; 1 John 3:8) Jesus thus identified Satan as one who once enjoyed God’s favor but who rebelled against Jehovah God.