• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan in Christianity

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner

This will be IMO @Rival...

I walked away from the Hebrew Scriptures with an idea that the messiah as both Jews and Christians see the concept (future messiah) might be developmental theology. There is no clearly inferring a messiah from the Hebrew Bible. What I'm saying is- it is just as likely to be a Pharisaic inference that became theology over time.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
This will be IMO @Rival...

I walked away from the Hebrew Scriptures with an idea that the messiah as both Jews and Christians see the concept (future messiah) might be developmental theology. There is no clearly inferring a messiah from the Hebrew Bible. What I'm saying is- it is just as likely to be a Pharisaic inference that became theology over time.
I can see why you think that. It is true that nowhere in Tanach is 'the messiah' said specifically. A saviour figure can be inferred though and I don't think the rabbis and sages pulled it out of their behinds.

In any case, we disagree and that's fine.

Last edited: