• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satan in Christianity

Tumah

Veteran Member
Why should sons of nobles produce giant offspring? No, as many translations agree:
"the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were attractive; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose."
Complete Jewish Bible
"That the bnei HaElohim saw the banot HaAdam that they were tovot; and they took them nashim of all which they chose."
Orthodox Jewish Bible
All the translations I checked say the same: Sons of God or similar.
The Orthodox Jewish Bible is actually a Christian Bible. Because if it will get people to Jesus, than you can all it whatever you want, right?

The word "elohim" has more than one contextual meaning. See for instance Ex. 22:8.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Can you explain why it's "obvious"? For how many hundreds of years this is not how Jews interpreted it. Plus, you leave out the "crawling on your belly" part. If you can only use only part of the verse as a "prophesy", then for me it makes it hard to believe it is a prophesy.
Hundreds?
I've yet to hear any logical reason to understand the verse as saying anything other than what it appears to be saying, "people aren't going to like snakes and snakes won't be thrilled with people either."

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Why should sons of nobles produce giant offspring? No, as many translations agree:
"the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were attractive; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose."
Complete Jewish Bible
"That the bnei HaElohim saw the banot HaAdam that they were tovot; and they took them nashim of all which they chose."
Orthodox Jewish Bible
All the translations I checked say the same: Sons of God or similar.
Thanks for your answer to my other question. On this post my question is: Why would angels have reproductive capabilities? Are there male and female angels and they have little baby angels? I've never heard of such a thing. But in this case, it has to be angels that are male and able to produce offspring with humans. One is made of flesh. The other is a spirit. How does that work? And, if they could then, why aren't they still having sex with humans? Thanks, CG

psychoslice

Veteran Member
To me personally its nothing more that guilt, Satan is a very good way of keeping the believers in ignorance and fear, its a good ploy to keep the ignorance in check, it always works.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
To me personally its nothing more that guilt, Satan is a very good way of keeping the believers in ignorance and fear, its a good ploy to keep the ignorance in check, it always works.
Because they use Lucifer to scare people to stay in christianity. That his how the priests, pastors, etc keep control of them other people.
Christians love to make Lucifer look evil. Christians just use him as a scapegoat.

Last edited:

Reggie Miller

Thanks for your answer to my other question. On this post my question is: Why would angels have reproductive capabilities? Are there male and female angels and they have little baby angels? I've never heard of such a thing. But in this case, it has to be angels that are male and able to produce offspring with humans. One is made of flesh. The other is a spirit. How does that work? And, if they could then, why aren't they still having sex with humans? Thanks, CG

Jesus said that angels do not marry so I don't believe they have a "sex." In other places in the Bible angels can and do assume human form so they could, theoretically, have sex and be male. I think they are male in much the same way God is a male persona.

rusra02

Premium Member
The Angels that "did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place, he has reserved with eternal bonds in dense darkness for the judgment of the great day." (Jude 6) I believe these bonds include their inability to now materialize human bodies. At times, faithful angels assumed human form to deliver messages from God. (Judges 13:8-10) The unfaithful angels misused this ability before the flood to satisfy unnatural sexual passions. While now unable to have fleshly bodies, I think these wicked spirits seek unnatural connections with humans, possessing some and causing humans great harm. One example is mentioned at Mark 5:2-5.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
A lot of angels can be very manipulative and will lie to you only because god will tell them to do that to people.
This one angel manipulated and lied to me for 4 years. He even tried to pull me away from Lucifer making me think he was evil. Even tried to make me doubt Lucifer. Their are a lot of things this one angel did I did not like.
If you think I am lying that good for you. Just think I am a liar.

Reggie Miller

Why is the Christian Satan so different from the Jewish view? When and how did he become evil, the ruler of this fallen world etc? In my opinion, this view is at odds with what the Hebrew Bible claims.

Have you read the book of Job?

Reggie Miller

Yes, it's one reason why the xian Satan makes no sense.

I'm not familiar with the "xian Satan." What is that?

(Also bear in mind that I am ignoring people in this thread so I can't read everything and don't want to read what they post.)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't see a difference with the Satan in Job and the Satan in the NT. Please elaborate. What is the difference?
The satan of the Christian bible is an evil being at war with G-d, who will eventually be dammned to hell. He and his demons possess people etc. He is said to be a fallen angel and the ruler of this world.

This is not the case at all in Judaism.

Reggie Miller

The satan of the Christian bible is an evil being at war with G-d, who will eventually be dammned to hell. He and his demons possess people etc. He is said to be a fallen angel and the ruler of this world.

This is not the case at all in Judaism.

So what is he in Judaism?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
So what is he in Judaism?
In Judaism he is an angel who is totally under the control of G-d. He is not evil, nor the ruler of this world and since there is no hell (at least not in the same sense as in Christianity) that he will be dammned to. He's not a major figure within Judaism.

Reggie Miller

In Judaism he is an angel who is totally under the control of G-d. He is not evil, nor the ruler of this world and since there is no hell (at least not in the same sense as in Christianity) that he will be dammned to. He's not a major figure within Judaism.

Are you sure he's not evil? I mean he did tempt Eve to commit evil and lied to her. He also destroyed Job and tried to destroy Job's love of God.