• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

satan a god?

Grandliseur

Just that some of us don't consider the Christian Testament scripture.
Right. That is yours and their loss.

After all, there were hundreds of prophesies in the OT pointing to Messiah, one of the primary ones being the Passover instituted just before Exodus.
Without Christ's ransom and him being the way to God, there is no forgiveness of sin. The Mosaic Law promised that those who obeyed it would live, and those not, would die. All have died; there is no mercy in this regard in the Law. The Law of Faith came with Jesus.

But, I know, this is water off a duck's back. At out present time, God has given Israel a clear and undeniable sign; their priesthood was erased, and the survivors have no way of proving their genealogy; the temple is gone. God has shown quite clearly that this system of worship is no longer viable, a clear indication that now there is as Jeremiah promised in ch. 31 a new covenant, a new priesthood, a new high priest, Jesus Christ, the son of God. Though, he is not God as many claim.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Right. That is yours and their loss.

After all, there were hundreds of prophesies in the OT pointing to Messiah, one of the primary ones being the Passover instituted just before Exodus.
Without Christ's ransom and him being the way to God, there is no forgiveness of sin. The Mosaic Law promised that those who obeyed it would live, and those not, would die. All have died; there is no mercy in this regard in the Law. The Law of Faith came with Jesus.

But, I know, this is water off a duck's back. At out present time, God has given Israel a clear and undeniable sign; their priesthood was erased, and the survivors have no way of proving their genealogy; the temple is gone. God has shown quite clearly that this system of worship is no longer viable, a clear indication that now there is as Jeremiah promised in ch. 31 a new covenant, a new priesthood, a new high priest, Jesus Christ, the son of God. Though, he is not God as many claim.
Jesus fulfilled none of the messianic prophecies and there are not even 'hundreds' of messianic prophecies in the Tanach. There are remarkably few. About 12.

The Passover is a festival, not a prophecy.

There are still Kohenim around (priests) and many Jews can trace their ancestry right back to biblical times, because they have always been in the practice of writing it down. Rabbis can trace their Rabbi's Rabbi back generations.

The Torah was only given for the Jews and if a command is broken one need only make t'shuva (repentance 'coming back'), just as the people of Nineveh when Jonah went to them. So there are bucketfuls of mercy. The least merciful thing to do is to damn forever people for not believing correctly. Within Judaism and Noachidism one need only be righteous.

Jeremiah prophesied that the Law would be written on their hearts, not that the Law would change.

Liu

Satanist's have their deepest revelation about Satan being a God so it is disrespectful to them to expose it.
I don't think many Satanists mind it if other people express different opinions about Satan.
Even the theistic ones among us normally don't equate our deity Satan with the Abrahamic entity of that name, at least not completely. We may take inspiration from Abrahamic myths, and we may say that what e.g. Christians call Satan is actually part of what we call Satan.

But that someone says that Satan is no god in the bible doesn't affect our beliefs at all since most if us don't believe in the bible anyway.

And imo part of being a Satanist is being not easily offended.
However, yes, Satan is simply that part of God which doesn't favor the human race.
The concept in Hiob, pretty much, several later concepts, rather the opposite.

Grandliseur

Jesus fulfilled none of the messianic prophecies and there are not even 'hundreds' of messianic prophecies in the Tanach. There are remarkably few. About 12.

The Passover is a festival, not a prophecy.

There are still Kohenim around (priests) and many Jews can trace their ancestry right back to biblical times, because they have always been in the practice of writing it down. Rabbis can trace their Rabbi's Rabbi back generations.

The Torah was only given for the Jews and if a command is broken one need only make t'shuva (repentance 'coming back'), just as the people of Nineveh when Jonah went to them. So there are bucketfuls of mercy. The least merciful thing to do is to damn forever people for not believing correctly. Within Judaism and Noachidism one need only be righteous.

Jeremiah prophesied that the Law would be written on their hearts, not that the Law would change.
If you look at this site, it tells us that scholars recognize about 300. On the site, 44 are mentioned:
44 Prophecies of the Messiah Fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

On this other site, 353 are actually shown and given OT and NT references.

If you look in the book of Ezra, you will see that knowing one's tribe is not enough for the priesthood. They had to have their name in the register, and that doesn't exist any longer:
Ezra 2:61-63 . . .from the daughters of Bar‧zil′lai the Gil′e‧ad‧ite and came to be called by their name. 62 These were the ones that looked for their register to establish their genealogy publicly, and they did not find themselves, so that they were barred as polluted from the priesthood. 63 Consequently the Tir‧sha′tha said to them that they could not eat from the most holy things until a priest stood up with U′rim and Thum′mim.​
But, you will never agree on these difficult issues where Jew and Christian stand head to head against each other.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
If you look at this site, it tells us that scholars recognize about 300. On the site, 44 are mentioned:
44 Prophecies of the Messiah Fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

On this other site, 353 are actually shown and given OT and NT references.

If you look in the book of Ezra, you will see that knowing one's tribe is not enough for the priesthood. They had to have their name in the register, and that doesn't exist any longer:
Ezra 2:61-63 . . .from the daughters of Bar‧zil′lai the Gil′e‧ad‧ite and came to be called by their name. 62 These were the ones that looked for their register to establish their genealogy publicly, and they did not find themselves, so that they were barred as polluted from the priesthood. 63 Consequently the Tir‧sha′tha said to them that they could not eat from the most holy things until a priest stood up with U′rim and Thum′mim.​
But, you will never agree on these difficult issues where Jew and Christian stand head to head against each other.
Of course a Christian site would tell you that.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Revelation 12:8-9 . . .. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.​
Well, shucks, I guess if it says so in Revelation ... :D

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
satan is a servant of god, doing god's will to bring us to temptation. how come satan is considered a god of his own?

If we are viewing this question that it concerns Satan of the bible the answer is Satan is not a God, not by any measure, Satan is a created being, an angel that was Gods favorite. But Satan rebelled and the true God soared a boot to his rear kicking him out of heaven.

upload_2017-9-20_8-50-8.png

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
but the orthodox christian and christians in general include satan in their religion, in orthodox christianity satan is a key figure. studying satan in christianity isn't disrespectful.
Studying Satan in Christianity is not disrespectful. Saying "Satan is God" is disrespectful to Christians and Satanists, Christians because then God is bad, and Satanists because they are holding this statement among themselves for the right time.

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
I assure you that G-d is more than capable of reviving the priesthood.

My and many other Christians interpret scripture to predict the temple will be rebuilt and at least temporally animal sacrifice will be practiced again at the temple before Christs return. It will be the same type of doctrine ritual practiced under full Mosaic law and will be led by a Jewish priest(s).

: {>

syo

Studying Satan in Christianity is not disrespectful. Saying "Satan is God" is disrespectful to Christians and Satanists, Christians because then God is bad, and Satanists because they are holding this statement among themselves for the right time.
I see. I meant no disrespect. in orthodox christianity many people view satan as someone who wants to become god in place of the christian god. and satanism is a whole different religion than christianity, I was talking about christian point of view not the satanic point of view.

Last edited:

Liu

Why would this be disrespectful to us? I at least wouldn't mind.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I take it you are a Satanist? Then the statement that "Satan is God" should not be disrespectful to you, but I read that Satanists are waiting to share this statement with the world.

Liu

I take it you are a Satanist? Then the statement that "Satan is God" should not be disrespectful to you, but I read that Satanists are waiting to share this statement with the world.
I am (it's mentioned in my profile, so I saw no need to explicitely mention it here).
Some Satanists believe in a deity they call Satan, some don't. Even those that do normally are not proselytizing, for a variety of reasons.
But you did claim in your former post that you think uttering this statement as a non-Satanist would be disrespectful to us - why are you now claiming the opposite?

Well, claiming that Satan would be the same entity as the Abrahamic god (which "Satan is God" could be taken to mean) would be a very rare view among Satanists, but claiming so would still not be something I would feel to be disrespectful towards us in most contexts.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Whatever I said I meant to state that Satanists who believe "Satan is God" don't want to reveal that to people yet; hence it would be disrespectful for others to state this for them; the Satanists should have the choice of when they want people to hear this.

Liu

Whatever I said I meant to state that Satanists who believe "Satan is God" don't want to reveal that to people yet; hence it would be disrespectful for others to state this for them; the Satanists should have the choice of when they want people to hear this.
Well, we Satanists discuss our theological beliefs publicly in forums and books, and we don't tend to worry much about whether reading these beliefs would have much of a detrimental effect to people of other worldviews. So, I can't say I agree with that assumption.
Also, why would we have a copyright on our beliefs? Either we discuss them publicly, then we already revealed them ourselves, or someone else comes up with the same beliefs without our input, then we don't have anything to do with it either.

Grandliseur

I assure you that G-d is more than capable of reviving the priesthood.
God can do anything at all he wants to. It is this will - what he wants - that is the big Q. Though you do not accept it, Christ is our high-priest in a new priesthood according to Melchizedek.
Psalm 110:1 The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord is: “Sit at my right hand Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.” . . .
4 Jehovah has sworn (and he will feel no regret):
You are a priest to time indefinite
According to the manner of Mel‧chiz′e‧dek
!”
5 Jehovah himself at your right hand
Will certainly break kings to pieces on the day of his anger
6 He will execute judgment among the nations;​
This promise of a new kind of priesthood for the Lord of David, his descendant, at a time God will execute his judgment on the nations of the world, we understand to be referring to our Lord, the Messiah, Christ Jesus.

We surely now are living at the time of the end, a time of judgment, of God's wrath soon to be expressed on this world.