• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salam

Lady_Bugg

Islam
Hey Guys,

Salam and Greetings to everybody.

I have recently converted to Islam and would appreciate any advice from the Muslim community on how to pray etc.

I was born and raised Catholic, I am not sure why but ever since I was a little girl, I have seen things around me and in the world I perceive which other people dont (I am not mentally ill), I now know that these are jinn and shaytans. I used to ask Christ for help because I didnt know better, and they would stop but not go away, Last week I dreamt that I saw Muhammad P.B.U.H, his face looked like it was shining, it is hard to describe, I have never really been introduced to Islam or Muhammad P.B.U.H but I could recognize him, he said that I had to ask Allah to save me and and hold the recitation close to my chest/heart.

When I woke up I remembered the dream exactly, I played the Quran on youtube, I could not help but start crying, I felt very emotional and all of a sudden these horrible things that bother me are gone.

I testify that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.

I am not sure about the different sects within Islam

Matemkar

wa salam, sister. it is such a great dream mashaAllah. And welcome to islam. May Allah bless you. Did you contact a local islamic foundation, masjid or islamic centre around btw? I hope there are some. So, sisters there can help you more. It is better to learn and practice within a community always. May it be blessed again. ma salam

Last edited:

Lady_Bugg

Islam
wa salam, sister. it is such a great dream mashaAllah. And welcome to islam. May Allah bless you. Did you contact a local islamic foundation, masjid or islamic centre around btw? I hope there are some. So, sisters there can help you more. It is better to learn and practice within a community always. May it be blessed again. ma salam

Hey thanks for your reply.

No actually I haven't discussed this(conversion) with anyone, but I know with all my heart that it is the right choice for me. I have only mustered up enough courage to post this on here. There is a Muslim Mosque at my university, I am planning on visiting it soon. I have also come across some students from the Muslim Youth Foundation in Manchester. I am still trying to learn the basics.

appreciate your response, these are confusing times.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Salam :)

I'm happy for you, i wish everything will be okay from now on.

Concerning prayer, you have to learn at last one sourate which is "El Fatiha" (the opening).
It's the first sourate of the Qu'ran.

Generally, muslims learn also the 3 last sourates of the Qur'an : El Ikhlass (112) , El Falak (113), El Ness (114)

They are very easy to learn as they are very short, but the most important for the prayer is "El Fatiha".

Here a video to learn them :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lroliY7SLyE

With transliteration for sourate El Fatiha :

Learn Surat Al-Fatihah Recitation & Meaning (Abdul-Bassit)

How to make wudhu :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH14jeTG1Xc

How to pray :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kScrL8m1qMs

There's 5 prayers :

Fajer (2 rak'at)
Dhohr (4 rak'at)
Asr (4 rak'at)
Maghreb (3 rak'at)
'Isha (4 rak'at)

Rak'at are a unite of 1 or 2 prayers (and the prosternation) which are El Fatiha + another prayer/verse (it can be again El Fatiha if it's the only one you know)or just El Fatiha alone when it's 3 or 4 Rak'at.

More here about the prayer in Islam : Salat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here the hour of the prayers according to your location :
United Kingdom Accurate Prayer Times ????? ?????? , Qiblah, Qibla ????? ?????? Mosques (Masjids), Islamic Centers, Organizations and Muslim Owned Businesses, Athan Azan Adhan Salah Salat Software Sahor Sahar Imsak Iftar Starting Fast Breaking Fast Ra

It seems complicated in the beginning but in reality it's really easy once you know the basics :)

Don't put pressure on yourself, take your time to learn Surate "El Fatiha" and then you'll see for the other surates.

Last edited:

dynavert2012

oh congratulations sister i'm happy for you, the first thing you have to do is to find a Muslim friend to you "girl" in Manchester and here, here i can recommend for you sister Sahar and pastek you can ask them about the females issue regarding the prayers and such things, and try hardly finding a friend in your town, this is the best advice i could offer you at the moment

may allah protect you

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Congratulation,i am happy for you sister :)
all the muslims had the same praying and we had many things we share almost the same teaching and believing , so
believe in ONE GOD (ALLAH) and his Prophets, and books ....etc , is the most importants .

doing good deeds and avoid to do bad things, and obey God ,thats the essiences of Islam.

Union

Hey Guys,

I have recently converted to Islam and would appreciate any advice from the Muslim community on how to pray etc.

I was born and raised Catholic, I am not sure why but ever since I was a little girl, I have seen things around me and in the world I perceive which other people dont (I am not mentally ill), I now know that these are jinn and shaytans. I used to ask Christ for help because I didnt know better, and they would stop but not go away, Last week I dreamt that I saw Muhammad P.B.U.H, his face looked like it was shining, it is hard to describe, I have never really been introduced to Islam or Muhammad P.B.U.H but I could recognize him, he said that I had to ask Allah to save me and and hold the recitation close to my chest/heart.

When I woke up I remembered the dream exactly, I played the Quran on youtube, I could not help but start crying, I felt very emotional and all of a sudden these horrible things that bother me are gone.

It is Qur'an and nothing else . Qur'an is the words of Almighty GOD revealed to HIS Prophet Muhammad . Whatsoever may come on your way as a Muslim , verify them from the Qur'an . Don't go against Qur'an though millions of Muslim will tell you to do this and that . Remember what the Almighty GOD says :

[10:37] This Quran could not possibly be authored by other than GOD. It confirms all previous messages, and provides a fully detailed scripture. It is infallible, for it comes from the Lord of the universe.

egcroc

we're all stardust
Hey Guys,

Hello there Lady_Bugg, I must admit that's quite a strange story, However I'm glad that you have finally found a way to inner peace and happiness...

My recommendation to you is stick to the original source of Islam, the Quran, and stay away from sect differences at least for now... I'd also recommend you listen to the quran by the voice of Mishary bin Rashid, quite a beautiful emotional voice, it used to give me great comfort and peace back in the days I was a muslim before I went out seeking a new path to the Creator...

[youtube]UxNrjzFmOSc[/youtube]
Surah Al-Mulk By Mishary bin Rashid Al-Afasy - YouTube

I wish you the best of luck, May the divine watchmaker bestow peace upon your mind and soul

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Last week I dreamt that I saw Muhammad P.B.U.H, his face looked like it was shining, it is hard to describe, I have never really been introduced to Islam or Muhammad P.B.U.H but I could recognize him, he said that I had to ask Allah to save me and and hold the recitation close to my chest/heart.

Congratulations sister,

whoever have seen the prophet (or members of his household -ahlulbayt) in dream has indeed seen them...(this is according to the teaching of Islam)

Hold-fast on this new momentum...and read about Islam as much as you can...
read from different sources...from all sects...and be critical...

Pray hard...

May Allah support you...

I have written an article contains guidelines for new converts...

It's titled : "Now that I have converted, What’s next? "

Here is it :

Islam: Shia/Sunni

Good luck

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Hey Guys,

Wa alaikomus salam wa rahmatullahay wa barakatohu- And salam and mercy and blessing of Allah be on you.

1=
Salät is the Muslim form of formal worship. Muslims offer Salät five times a day. This page helps you learn how to offer Salät.
Source: https://www.alislam.org/salaat/

2= Salaat / Prayer: http://ahmadiyya.org.uk/tags/salaat/

3= Learning to recite Holy Quran, Self study book:
https://www.alislam.org/quran/Talim-ul-Quran.pdf

[Plz note these are references from Ahmadiyya Muslims who believe that latter days' promised reformer has come; alislam.org]

May Allah bless your dream for you and your dear ones.

The first steps that you need to do is.

1) find other muslims. (The mosque is a good idea)
2) Get a copy of the Quran with english translation. Read it daily
3) Learn Surah Fatihah.
4) Reply to this post once you have done #3

Focus on these only for now.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
........................................................ these are confusing times.

1=
Peace be on you..Please pray especially
[1:5] Thee alone do we worship and Thee alone do we implore for help.
[1:6] Guide us in the right path —
alislam.org/quran

2=
Books about Life and Character of Holy Prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)
a-- Life of Muhammad
b-- Muhammad, the liberator of women

3=
Philosophy of Islam
a-- Philosophy of Teachings of Islam
b-- Islam's response to contemporary issues
c-- Revelation, Rationality, Knowledge and Truth [All major issues which intrigue the modern mind are attempted to be incorporated in this fascinatingly comprehensive statute. ]

4=
World Crisis and The Pathway to Peace [Very Recent Letters of Ahmadiyya Khalifah to world leaders and Speeches at centers of world powers, for Peace, in the light of Real Islam ]

Thanks.

Last edited: