• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sacred Drumming

Master Vigil

By many the way of life is seen as a heartbeat. And by use of Drumming you are able to get closer to that beat of life. And it helps in achieving enlightenment, as well as invoking spirits. What do you think about sacred drumming?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I love drumming natually!
I am part of a Native Drum goup (though as a tradtional drum I'm not a drummer).
In most Native American belief the drum is a mans instrument, women are already connected to mother earth and life. (We give birth and menstruate after all.)
There is a pow-wow joke up here, that women make thier men go drum when we get too annoyed with them. Mellows them right out. :biglaugh:

wa:do

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
The CUUPS group at my church sponsers a drum circle for everyone to attend. I haven't been yet, but would like to someday.

linwood

Master Vigil said:
By many the way of life is seen as a heartbeat. And by use of Drumming you are able to get closer to that beat of life. And it helps in achieving enlightenment, as well as invoking spirits. What do you think about sacred drumming?
There is a drum circle out here at sunset on possibly the most beautiful beach you`ve ever been on.

It is an excellent exprience.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
You said it all in your opening Mister V . Although I have to say that I have yet to hear the druming of a man that could compare to that of a Grouse . But then , I may be a little bias . ;)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Master Vigil said:
I think it is probably a very usefull tool; one, I must admit, that I have never tried. You are right, of course; from the moment of conception, a baby is aware of Mum's heartbeat; a lot of the English language actually implies the acceptance of what you say 'get with the beat,Baggy' (Jungle book, I think); the rythm of life, etc. Having been born in Africa, I was aware of the natives' great use of drumming as a tool for meditation, appeasment of spirits - even to evoke spirits, and not least as a form of comminication.

Thank you for for the threa; it is something I will probably try.