• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rules regarding planes?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Last time I flew it wasn't a child but a young adult dickweed who kept putting his feet/shoes on the empty seats next to him and he was repeatedly told by the stewardess to put his mask back on and wear it right.
When I become dictator, they'll all (regardless
of gender) be "stewards" or "Hey you".

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If you do, clean underwear is a must.
Unless you want to punish them.

What's underwear?

Methinks that would punish them...

Only joking.

A friend stopped off at the US Virgin islands on a cruise on a 12 hour layover. The intention to visit a friend who lived on the island. The cheerful (joking again) security guys kept them in a big tin shed for 8 hours leaving no time to visit. The story of the ordeal persuaded me to skip any American administered port in future.

Sorry guys, you wont be getting my tourist dollars

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What's underwear?
A special garment used when going thru airport security.
A friend stopped off at the US Virgin islands on a cruise on a 12 hour layover. The intention to visit a friend who lived on the island. The cheerful (joking again) security guys kept them in a big tin shed for 8 hours leaving no time to visit. The story of the ordeal persuaded me to skip any American administered port in future.

Sorry guys, you wont be getting my tourist dollars
It's only fair.
You'll get none of mine.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Yup. They tell us "**** you" at all levels.
This is what they sent me after I indicated I am trans (but my ID is still male) and my breasts were groped by a male agent AFTER they sent me through the body scanner.
Patdown Complaint
We understand patdowns may be uncomfortable; however, they help us detect hidden and dangerous items, such as explosives. Patdowns are used to resolve alarms and as part of our random screening activities. We believe these security measures are necessary and appropriate for ensuring the security and confidence of all air travelers.

TSA Officers must apply sufficient pressure in order to ensure detection of any prohibited items. The officer will describe the patdown procedure, which may include inspection of your head, neck, arms, torso, legs, and feet. This includes head coverings and sensitive areas such as breasts, groin, and buttocks. Officers use the back of the hands for patdowns on sensitive areas of the body. In limited cases, however, additional screening involving a sensitive area patdown with the front of the hand may be required to determine a threat does not exist. You may also be required to adjust articles of clothing during the patdown.

We understand and regret the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced as a result of the patdown. If you have concerns about your screening experience during future travel, please ask to speak with a supervisor at the checkpoint.
Basically, they give us the bird on their website and tell us "**** you some more" after they've done wrong to us.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When I become dictator, they'll all (regardless
of gender) be "stewards" or "Hey you".
I like "hey you." We don't know their name, but if we need a double shot of tequila to calm our nerves we gotta say something to get their attention.

Last edited:

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
This is what they sent me after I indicated I am trans (but my ID is still male) and my breasts were groped by a male agent AFTER they sent me through the body scanner.

Basically, they give us the bird on their website and tell us "**** you some more" after they've done wrong to us.
Yeah...your breasts were totally a threat...

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So my mom wants me to after getting my second vaccine shot to fly out to Los Angeles and see her...we haven't seen each other since I was 9. I've never been on a plane...I would like to know rules regarding planes in order to prepare myself. What to expect. I also want to know a little about LA if possible.

You will be totally fine. Just read up on stuff. Be prepared to wait some in some lineups. Most airports have guides around who can help you with questions. Often it's a booth labelled 'information'. If you do encounter a real person, let them know it's your first time flying. Millions of people fly every day without any hitches.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Did he make the "Honk! Honk!" sound?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That sounds terrifying
There's exaggeration going on here. It's really not that bad unless you badmouth TSA employees to their face or complain loudly. But do read the "do's and don'ts" carefully, have loose change etc in your carry-on etc and you'll be fine.

LAX can be a PITA. I've not been there recently but I made my life easier by knowing generally the route a taxi would take so I could spot any drivers who wanted to run up the bill. These days, who knows. Studying up again is helpful.

VoidCat

I can add one: TSA’s Body Scanners Are Gender Binary. Humans Are Not. — ProPublica
Allister McGuire, a transgender man who lives on Long Island, N.Y., said he didn’t fly for five years after an experience in the St. Louis Lambert International Airport in 2014. McGuire was taken to a private room after the body scanner went off, displaying a yellow patch on his chest.

“I was very nervous,” McGuire said. “I did not feel safe.”

The two male officers in the room told McGuire to remove his chest binder, a cloth undershirt some trans men and gender nonconforming people use to flatten their chests, and then lifted each of his breasts with their hands, McGuire said. He was eventually allowed to leave, but he said he immediately had to take anxiety medication
Note to self: dress as female as possible and don't bind chest.

Last edited:

VoidCat

I am sure these stories I am reading about discrimination regarding transgenders and tsa are rare right? How common are they?