• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Root of the problem

King Phenomenon

To understand who’s to blame for this conflict in the Middle East one has to figure out the root of the problem. Does anyone here know who started this mess over a century ago? Or is that too complex too?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To understand who’s to blame for this conflict in the Middle East one has to figure out the root of the problem. Does anyone here know who started this mess over a century ago? Or is that too complex too?
Disunity, nationalism, predudices, materialism.

Regards Tony

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
If I had to choose a single responsible entity, it would probably be Mohammed Amin al-Husseini.

If I am allowed to assign blame to abstract ideas, then I will also add nationalism and Islam.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Conflicts such as this permeates Middle Eastern history with much fighting over very limited resources.

King Phenomenon

If I had to choose a single responsible entity, it would probably be Mohammed Amin al-Husseini.
He organized the Palestinian Arab national movement in response to the Jewish national movement. I think both peoples viewed the other as the enemy at that time.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Personally, I think it goes all the way back to Ismael and Isaac. Basically, Ismael was rejected as the firstborn and throw out with her mom. Potentially, it started way back then.

King Phenomenon

Personally, I think it goes all the way back to Ismael and Isaac. Basically, Ismael was rejected as the firstborn and throw out with her mom. Potentially, it started way back then.
Not familiar. But I’m guessing this isn’t the reason

Kenny

Premium Member
Not familiar. But I’m guessing this isn’t the reason
Gen 21:
14 So Abraham rose early in the morning and took bread and a bottle of water and gave them to Hagar, putting them on her shoulders, and he sent her and the youth away. And she wandered on [aimlessly] and lost her way in the wilderness of Beersheba.
15 When the water in the bottle was all gone, Hagar caused the youth to lie down under one of the shrubs.
16 Then she went and sat down opposite him a good way off, about a bowshot, for she said, Let me not see the death of the lad. And as she sat down opposite him, he lifted up his voice and wept and she raised her voice and wept.
17 And God heard the voice of the youth, and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven and said to her, What troubles you, Hagar? Fear not, for God has heard the voice of the youth where he is.
18 Arise, raise up the youth and support him with your hand, for I intend to make him a great nation.
19 Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water; and she went and filled the [empty] bottle with water and caused the youth to drink.
20 And God was with the youth, and he developed; and he dwelt in the wilderness and became an archer.

Even before that, this is what happened to Hagar

Gen 16:6 But Abram said to Sarai, See here, your maid is in your hands andpower; do as you please with her. And when Sarai dealt severely with her, humbling and afflicting her, she [Hagar] fled from her.
7 But the Angel of the Lord found her by a spring of water in the wilderness on the road to Shur.
8 And He said, Hagar, Sarai’s maid, where did you come from, and where are you intending to go? And she said, I am running away from my mistress Sarai.
9 The Angel of the Lord said to her, Go back to your mistress and [humbly] submit to her control.
10 Also the Angel of the Lord said to her, I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be numbered for multitude.
11 And the Angel of the Lord continued, See now, you are with child and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Ishmael [God hears], because the Lord has heard and paid attention to your affliction.
12 And he [Ishmael] will be as a wild *** among men; his hand will be against every man and every man’s hand against him, and he will live to the east and on the borders of all his kinsmen.
13 So she called the name of the Lord Who spoke to her, You are a God of seeing, for she said, Have I [not] even here [in the wilderness] looked upon Him Who sees me [and lived]? Or have I here also seen [the future purposes or designs of] Him Who sees me?

In many destroyed marriages, I have seen where the mom instills a hatred against the dad and his other offsprings. I could see where that may be the issue here.

Certainly see the results as mentioned.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Didn't seem to be as many problems as we see now vs. the time of the Ottoman empire. I wonder what changed or is different then vs. now?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The UN could have prevented what happened on October 7 and more. It could have prevented so much bad news in that area of the world. All this time it was hiding problems and leaving everyone hanging. The UN chose to try and enforce its own dignity at the cost of lives. Why? It just wasn't in unity. Its never been a reliable, unified government.

King Phenomenon

Gen 21:
14 So Abraham rose early in the morning and took bread and a bottle of water and gave them to Hagar, putting them on her shoulders, and he sent her and the youth away. And she wandered on [aimlessly] and lost her way in the wilderness of Beersheba.
15 When the water in the bottle was all gone, Hagar caused the youth to lie down under one of the shrubs.
16 Then she went and sat down opposite him a good way off, about a bowshot, for she said, Let me not see the death of the lad. And as she sat down opposite him, he lifted up his voice and wept and she raised her voice and wept.
17 And God heard the voice of the youth, and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven and said to her, What troubles you, Hagar? Fear not, for God has heard the voice of the youth where he is.
18 Arise, raise up the youth and support him with your hand, for I intend to make him a great nation.
19 Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water; and she went and filled the [empty] bottle with water and caused the youth to drink.
20 And God was with the youth, and he developed; and he dwelt in the wilderness and became an archer.

Even before that, this is what happened to Hagar

Gen 16:6 But Abram said to Sarai, See here, your maid is in your hands andpower; do as you please with her. And when Sarai dealt severely with her, humbling and afflicting her, she [Hagar] fled from her.
7 But the Angel of the Lord found her by a spring of water in the wilderness on the road to Shur.
8 And He said, Hagar, Sarai’s maid, where did you come from, and where are you intending to go? And she said, I am running away from my mistress Sarai.
9 The Angel of the Lord said to her, Go back to your mistress and [humbly] submit to her control.
10 Also the Angel of the Lord said to her, I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be numbered for multitude.
11 And the Angel of the Lord continued, See now, you are with child and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Ishmael [God hears], because the Lord has heard and paid attention to your affliction.
12 And he [Ishmael] will be as a wild *** among men; his hand will be against every man and every man’s hand against him, and he will live to the east and on the borders of all his kinsmen.
13 So she called the name of the Lord Who spoke to her, You are a God of seeing, for she said, Have I [not] even here [in the wilderness] looked upon Him Who sees me [and lived]? Or have I here also seen [the future purposes or designs of] Him Who sees me?

In many destroyed marriages, I have seen where the mom instills a hatred against the dad and his other offsprings. I could see where that may be the issue here.

Certainly see the results as mentioned.
Yeah, I really don’t understand any of this and how it pertains to the problem between Palestinians and Jews

Kenny

Premium Member
Yeah, I really don’t understand any of this and how it pertains to the problem between Palestinians and Jews
Palestinians are descendants of Ishmael. The controversy has continued from there to where Israel then took over the land in question. It has been an ongoing war that, in essence, has never really stopped IMU

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think it's real people that they are looking for.

King Phenomenon

Palestinians are descendants of Ishmael. The controversy has continued from there to where Israel then took over the land in question. It has been an ongoing war that, in essence, has never really stopped IMU
Thanks for clarifying. So is Ishmael the first Palestinian who was magically placed on earth and had sole ownership of the land? Seems a bit convolute. I’m not making fun I’m truly interested if you care to explain a bit more to where I can comprehend as to where the actual conflict began over the so-called Ishmael the Palestinian

Kenny

Premium Member
Thanks for clarifying. So is Ishmael the first Palestinian who was magically placed on earth and had sole ownership of the land? Seems a bit convolute. I’m not making fun I’m truly interested if you care to explain a bit more to where I can comprehend as to where the actual conflict began over the so-called Ishmael the Palestinian
That is somewhat an oversimplification. As it noted, Ishamael produced a dozen princes. When the descendants of Abraham returned, they pushed out much of the inhabitants or descendants of Ishmael.

The word “Palestine”, if I am not mistaken, is the name that the Romans gave to spite the Jewish people of the time period around 135 BC.