• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roman Empire?

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
Do you live in what used to be the Roman Empire?

I live not far from the Roman settlement of Manchester

Roman_Empire_Trajan_117AD.png

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Do you live in what used to be the Roman Empire?

I live not far from the Roman settlement of Manchester

View attachment 85003

Towns ending chester, ceter and caster were roman military towns

There is a roman fort and dock on my fathers (ex) farm in Ribchester. As a child I spent many a happy hour playing as a roman centurion or leget and helping archeologists play in the mud.

The bathhouse
ribchester-roman-bath-house1-1x1.jpg

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Nope. I live in a region that was managed and maintained by the Coast Salish peoples.

"The Northwest Coast Indian peoples, who lived in the Pacific Northwest, can be classified into four units, or “provinces.” The northern province includes speakers of Tlingit, Haida, Tsimshian, and the Tsimshian-influenced Haisla (northernmost Heiltsuq or Kwakiutl). The Wakashan province includes all other Kwakiutl, the Bella Coola, and the Nuu-chah-nulth. The Coast Salish–Chinook province extended south to the central coast of Oregon and includes the Makah, Chinook, Tillamook, Siuslaw, and others. The northwestern California province includes the Athabaskan-speaking Tututni-Tolowa as well as the Karok, Yurok, Wiyot, and Hupa."

IntoTheSalishSeaMap_33scale-1-382078613.png

Heyo

Veteran Member
Where I live was never part of the Roman Empire. They had trading outposts here and I'm an hours drive away from where my ancestors raided a trade caravan heading to Roman territory in the autumn.
And while Lower Saxony wasn't part of the Roman Empire, it was part of the Holy Roman Empire.

RestlessSoul

Where I live was never part of the Roman Empire. They had trading outposts here and I'm an hours drive away from where my ancestors raided a trade caravan heading to Roman territory in the autumn.
And while Lower Saxony wasn't part of the Roman Empire, it was part of the Holy Roman Empire.

How far are you from the Teutoberg Forest?

RestlessSoul

The Teutoburg Forest is a bit more than an hour. Kalkriese, where the raid was, that later was called the "Battle of the Teutoburg Forest", isn't exactly at the Teutoburg Forest (as we know it today).

Not tempted to hire a metal detector and see what you can unearth? I suppose that's been done to death

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
My city of birth was conquered after two years of siege by the Romans.,.so I am on the side of the besieged and conquered...as well, of course. ;)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I currently live in what used to be land of the Tingui people.

They were pretty much driven out of significance in their own land in the last 400 hundred years or so.