• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robin Williams Dead from Apparent Suicide

Wirey

Fartist
You have little idea how cold a disgruntled frost giant can be...

I'll be quite honest, I don't really give a damn about people dying half a world away. BFD. Everyday is the same and troubled human animals never seem to learn.

This is the first completely honest thing I've read in a long time. If you care so much about the people in Gaza, head on down to the immigration office and offer to sponser a family. All you have to do is accept legal responsibility for their actions, and agree to feed them. I'll wait here until you get back.

Well? Aren't you going to get up?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
they are more then our neighbours, they are our flesh and blood.

We are all related... we've just forgotten that.
Um, no, they are not, Pegg. Certainly they are human beings, but human beings who have made unimaginably poor choices. Apparently those choices are not working out too well for them. Pity, eh?

I'm more concerned about people stranded on a mountaintop, fleeing from certain death, than I am about those suffering in the hellhole known as Gaza.

Last edited:

Alt Thinker

Older than the hills
This is the first completely honest thing I've read in a long time. If you care so much about the people in Gaza, head on down to the immigration office and offer to sponser a family. All you have to do is accept legal responsibility for their actions, and agree to feed them. I'll wait here until you get back.

Already paid my taxes, which supports USAID which gives humanitarian aid to Gaza and many other places that need it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Already paid my taxes, which supports USAID which gives humanitarian aid to Gaza and many other places that need it.
Of course, our taxes also provide money & military aid to Israel, subsidizing the bombing.
I suppose it's a conspiracy by the humanitarian industrial complex.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Um, no, they are not, Pegg. Certainly they are human beings, but human beings who have made unimaginably poor choices. Apparently those choices are not working out too well for them. Pity, eh?

I'm more concerned about people stranded on a mountaintop, fleeing from certain death, than I am about those suffering in the hellhole known as Gaza.
Yes, I'm sure every last one of those who have been tortured and butchered in Gaza and Isreal just made poor choices, like being born in a land that is in a state of constant warfare. Those dummies just should have known better.:rolleyes:

Wirey

Fartist

Nope. That's everyone. What I'm saying is "you" (not you personally). People keep giving the old "Oh, those poor souls, why won't anyone help them?" and then when they're given an opportunity to help, turn their backs. YmirGF was pointing out this neon-bright fact, and I was just stating that I admired his honesty.

Alt Thinker

Older than the hills
Nope. That's everyone. What I'm saying is "you" (not you personally). People keep giving the old "Oh, those poor souls, why won't anyone help them?" and then when they're given an opportunity to help, turn their backs. YmirGF was pointing out this neon-bright fact, and I was just stating that I admired his honesty.

More cost-effective to finance an organization of professionals. economy of scale etc. I never whined about any "poor souls why doesn't somebody" so no hypocrisy here. My personal efforts go to local volunteer work where it is cost-effective in a different way and I can verify results.

Also I suspect my contributions to various assistance efforts via taxes and direct contributions are perhaps a bit larger than the average person.

So I do not think I need to excuse myself to anyone. Not that anyone asked me to. Just sayin' ;)

Wirey

Fartist
More cost-effective to finance an organization of professionals. economy of scale etc. I never whined about any "poor souls why doesn't somebody" so no hypocrisy here. My personal efforts go to local volunteer work where it is cost-effective in a different way and I can verify results.

Also I suspect my contributions to various assistance efforts via taxes and direct contributions are perhaps a bit larger than the average person.

So I do not think I need to excuse myself to anyone. Not that anyone asked me to. Just sayin' ;)

I was gonna ask, but you look like a biter.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

I don't really appreciate your attempts to demean my displays of social affectation which allow me to conveniently and easily express empty sympathy in order to let everyone else know that I'm a deeply empathetic and caring person.

Wirey

Fartist
CBC is reporting that Robin William's wife is saying he was in the early stages of Parkinson's Disease. Getting that on top of depression must have been pleasant.

adi2d

CBC is reporting that Robin William's wife is saying he was in the early stages of Parkinson's Disease. Getting that on top of depression must have been pleasant.

He lived his life his way. His death the same way

A motion to adjourn is always in order

Maldini

Well the reason for the suicide is more obvious now. He probably didn't want to be alive for the late stages of the Parkinson.

I'm not trying to advocate suicide for people who are diagnosed with such diseases but I think if you're 63 and you don't want it then there's nothing wrong with quitting.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well the reason for the suicide is more obvious now. He probably didn't want to be alive for the late stages of the Parkinson.

I'm not trying to advocate suicide for people who are diagnosed with such diseases but I think if you're 63 and you don't want it then there's nothing wrong with quitting.
Parkinsons isn't necessarily so bad. A couple friends have it, & they cope quite well.
Running & bicycling are out of the question now, but their quality of life is great.
Depression is another matter entirely.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Micheal J Fox has lived with it for quite awhile and he seems to be doing alright. He even got to play Johnny B Good in front of an audience. It can be hard, but it's far from one of the most crippling disorders, especially in the earlier stages. And it seems to be a fairly manageable disorder. Or it may be possible he was more advanced and his depression and drug use masked other symptoms that prevented earlier detection.
Depression though, can suck all motivation from you, destroy self image, self worth and self esteem, lead to withdrawing from social contacts, and can make life seem not worth living.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

actually, most palestinians alive today have been born into that situation.

They havn't chosen it nor is anyone offering them a way out of it.

How is that their fault???