• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rival Stuff

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I've come to a conclusion. I spent most of my life being raised by a psychopath to whom emotions were just something to be manipulated and bruised, so I came to believe that feelings were stupid and ought to be suppressed to a degree. I began to value intelligence more and undertook to learn and learn. I enjoy it; I enjoy it a lot. I love learning foreign languages, studying history and so on, but I've realised something.

It makes me depressed.

I've spent so long trying to find people with whom to have meaningful, intelligent discussions and time and again I've come away empty-handed and miserable. The opposite sex in particular has no interest in it whatsoever. I've discovered that, after years of being natural, that wearing some makeup and shaving everything gets me way more attention than explaining the etymology of words does. I once worked with a class full of 4-6 year olds and all they want to do is play. Too much study makes them miserable. I then saw this is the rest of the world. Most people don't want to think; they want to feel. It's easy; it's obtainable and it costs nothing.

I'm sick of being alone and miserable and waiting for some philosopher prince or princess, because they just don't exist. Even the teachers with whom I worked had almost no interest in intellectual discussion. If not teachers then who; tell me who? Having a decent education is socially worthless - especially if you're female. So I'm not going to be the intelligent girl anymore; I'm going to be the pretty one. I've totally just given up trying to make people care about the things that I care about.

Having high intellect has been positively correlated with depression and loneliness. It's because people just don't care about it. People didn't like me when I was average looking and now they pay me attention over just the littlest bit of foundation and mascara. I've begun to regret being less girly than the other girls, because boys don't want intelligent girls; they want chicks they can **** and play with. Talking meaningfully makes them feel inferior; it puts them less at ease. That's when they run away, or just buy you more gifts to try make you sleep with them.

I'm tired of being miserable and lonely because I like books.

Other girls had the right idea all along.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've no advice.
But this might inspire thoughts of spring.
th

I've come to a conclusion. I spent most of my life being raised by a psychopath to whom emotions were just something to be manipulated and bruised, so I came to believe that feelings were stupid and ought to be suppressed to a degree. I began to value intelligence more and undertook to learn and learn. I enjoy it; I enjoy it a lot. I love learning foreign languages, studying history and so on, but I've realised something.

It makes me depressed.

I've spent so long trying to find people with whom to have meaningful, intelligent discussions and time and again I've come away empty-handed and miserable. The opposite sex in particular has no interest in it whatsoever. I've discovered that, after years of being natural, that wearing some makeup and shaving everything gets me way more attention than explaining the etymology of words does. I once worked with a class full of 4-6 year olds, and all they want to do is play. Too much study makes them miserable. I then saw this is the rest of the world. Most people don't want to think; they want to feel. It's easy; it's obtainable and it costs nothing.

I'm sick of being alone and miserable and waiting for some philosopher prince or princess, because they just don't exist. Even the teachers with whom I worked had almost no interest in intellectual discussion. If not teachers then who; tell me who? Having a decent education is socially worthless - especially if you're female. So I'm not going to be the intelligent girl anymore; I'm going to be the pretty one. I've totally just given up trying to make people care about the things that I care about.

Having high intellect has been positively correlated with depression and loneliness. It's because people just don't care about it. People didn't like me when I was average looking and now they pay me attention over just the littlest bit of foundation and mascara. I've begun to regret being less girly than the other girls, because boys don't want intelligent girls; they want chicks they can **** and play with. Talking meaningfully makes them feel inferior; it puts them less at ease. That's when they run away, or just buy you more gifts to make you sleep with them.

You live near toledo ohio?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
it's not fair that men are *first* attracted by looks. but it's largely the case.

given that, I think you should look good AND not hide your smarts.

Ellen Brown

It makes me depressed.

I've spent so long trying to find people with whom to have meaningful, intelligent discussions and time and again I've come away empty-handed and miserable. The opposite sex in particular has no interest in it whatsoever. I've discovered that, after years of being natural, that wearing some makeup and shaving everything gets me way more attention than explaining the etymology of words does. I once worked with a class full of 4-6 year olds, and all they want to do is play. Too much study makes them miserable. I then saw this is the rest of the world. Most people don't want to think; they want to feel. It's easy; it's obtainable and it costs nothing.

Having high intellect has been positively correlated with depression and loneliness. It's because people just don't care about it. People didn't like me when I was average looking and now they pay me attention over just the littlest bit of foundation and mascara. I've begun to regret being less girly than the other girls, because boys don't want intelligent girls; they want chicks they can **** and play with. Talking meaningfully makes them feel inferior; it puts them less at ease. That's when they run away, or just buy you more gifts to make you sleep with them.

You're in my hopes and prayers. Perhaps you can find distractions that will please you? I took Dialectical Behavior Training for years and learned to do something opposite of the way I was feeling, or do something radically distracting. Often when it gets to be a bit much, weather permitting, I go for a walk or spend the afternoon on my bike. At my age, I don't seek any attention from males, though do try to be open to conversation in a public place.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
AND not hide your smarts.
The problem is that when I start talking about my favourite Dickens books or why I hate utilitarianism, they get this glazed-over look. I once told a young man who fancied me that it was the Jewish New Year soon and he completely ignored me and said something totally unrelated.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
The problem is that when I start talking about my favourite Dickens books or why I hate utilitarianism, they get this glazed-over look. I once told a young man who fancied me that it was the Jewish New Year soon and he completely ignored me and said something totally unrelated.

well you have to give a bit of a nod to timing :)

that said, you won't be "long term" happy with someone who isn't interested in a lot of what you're interested in.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I personally have always been attracted to nerdy girl types than I have the the stereotypical 'pretty girls' you describe above.

But then again, I'm a bit weird, so take my preference with a grain of salt.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
In any case, I've given up on blokes mostly now. I'm only looking for women. I've come to realise I just don't find men all that attractive and maybe that's why I keep turning them down. I've had plenty of offers but not liked a single one. At this point, it's probably me.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Those languages will come in handy for traveling around, talking to people. All of that learning will be great when you get old. Don't become a teacher in secondary school. You could become a lecturer at a university. Anthropology might suit you, and you already know several anthropologists from your time spent here on RF. Another university department where your brainpower could turn into friendship is Business and Economics. Both are challenging, brainy and talky. They would require upping your math game, but you could probably manage.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I'm kind of happy and actually proud that my wife has taken an interest in reading books lately. A lot of self-help books. A lot of leadership books.

I used to be the bookworm, now she is.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm kind of happy and actually proud that my wife has taken an interest in reading books lately. A lot of self-help books. A lot of leadership books.

I used to be the bookworm, now she is.
Mrs Revolt reads dozens of books per year.
On top of that, she belongs to a book discussion group.

I'm reading a book this year.
(I started it last year.)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The thing is, the intelligent conversation needs to come before the sex. Like, months before. As I said, I've completely given up on this. It seems if you don't put out after a few days, the interest is lost.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The thing is, the intelligent conversation needs to come before the sex. Like, months before. As I said, I've completely given up on this. It seems if you don't put out after a few days, the interest is lost.
...life in the UK.

Ellen Brown

Those languages will come in handy for traveling around, talking to people. All of that learning will be great when you get old. Don't become a teacher in secondary school. You could become a lecturer at a university. Anthropology might suit you, and you already know several anthropologists from your time spent here on RF. Another university department where your brainpower could turn into friendship is Business and Economics. Both are challenging, brainy and talky. They would require upping your math game, but you could probably manage.

I wish that the Anthropologists here would indicate such. I'm well schooled in Theological matters, and know that Religion has big problems confronting reality. My own snotty and stubborn opinion is that the two "realities" must meet someday.

Ellen Brown

I know that there must be a man out there that can control his libido long enough to please you. I feel the same way. Things were very different when I was a child in the 50s. I do not know how observant you are as a Jew, and it is frustrating that I know little of "Jewish subcultures". Does your culture do arranged marriages?