• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right to Work States

Alceste

Vagabond
I live in a place where you'd be a freak if you DIDN'T have pink hair or dreadlocks or something (brightly colored chicken feathers are fashionable these days, but mine fell out), so it's really hard for me to see what the big deal is. Maybe you should move to the West Coast.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I live in a place where you'd be a freak if you DIDN'T have pink hair or dreadlocks or something (brightly colored chicken feathers are fashionable these days, but mine fell out), so it's really hard for me to see what the big deal is. Maybe you should move to the West Coast.

Don't worry, molting is a natural process. I'm sure your feathers will grow back bigger and brighter.

Alceste

Vagabond
Don't worry, molting is a natural process. I'm sure your feathers will grow back bigger and brighter.

I sure hope so. My employers are telling me my hair is too normal now. They say I'm going to have to do something crazy to it if I want to keep my job.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Okay....
On the one hand we are in a country of personal freedom....
which is disappearing day by day.

And pink hair is an issue?

Maybe in China?

Of course people have personal freedom, but when you're exchanging labor for pay the employer gets to set the stipulations. He still has the right to have pink hair, just as wal-mart has the right to set polices for its place of business.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Of course people have personal freedom, but when you're exchanging labor for pay the employer gets to set the stipulations. He still has the right to have pink hair, just as wal-mart has the right to set polices for its place of business.

And then where to draw the line?...

Seen the old black and white films of the early days of 'organizing'?
Not pretty....many people died.
And all they wanted was what?

So far I've not seen anyone post....
The line between freedom...and personal property.
Does anyone here know when they become a Ken doll?

ps...does anyone know the name Pinkerton?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
And then where to draw the line?...

Seen the old black and white films of the early days of 'organizing'?
Not pretty....many people died.
And all they wanted was what?

So far I've not seen anyone post....
The line between freedom...and personal property.
Does anyone here know when they become a Ken doll?

ps...does anyone know the name Pinkerton?
please present a list of companies that allow the employees to wear whatever they want.

Alceste

Vagabond
please present a list of companies that allow the employees to wear whatever they want.

001.jpg

Warren Clark

Informer
Well its sad florida has come to the position its in. I remember when I was 5 we would have to drive a bit to get to walmart but now there is a walmart on nearly every major road and sometimes two walmarts. Like there are two walmarts on wickham rd. There are 4 walmarts within a 10 mile radius. They've driven most businesses into the ground. Most here have 5 year lifespan at the most.
Its disgusting. Getting a job that's not through walmart is insane. :p once I get a car I'm getting back into primerica. :)

Ps I'm dying my hair and keeping it shorter more often. I was originally going to have it this short with the pink. I think I will do it when I get out of this corporate bubble. :)

blackout

Violet.
That is total BS.

Out here (NJ) I've seen a few WalMart employees with custom colored hair.
And I notice, because my hair is purple.
And no one at my job has a problem with it either.
My kids have all had pink, blue, red, aqua, electric yellow and orange hair
since kindergarden. My son is now in middle school.
NOBODY has ever had a problem with any of it.
In fact.... I think we've rather started a trend. :flirt:

I go back and forth about moving to Austin TX and Southern Cali.
They say the motto of Austin is "keep Austin strange",
and Cali is Cali.
I REALLY can't live somewhere where all this "conservative" crap reigns.

If me and my kids can't be OURSELVES,
Live out the Art of Self Expression,
what the hell is life about?

I have though about this though,
and I wouldn't give up my purple hair for ANYBODY.
I'd sooner get a wig, throw it on every morning,
then take it off after I clock out.
But I'd only do that under dire circumstances,
or to secure some kind of AMAZING job.
(ie. the pay makes it worth wearing a wig)

People, human beings, are just never good at accepting what is not currently mainstream.
Then as soon as the thing becomes mainstream,
they're all fine with it.
And then often also jumping on the bandwagon.

I really don't understand human beings.

I guess we need a religion,
to protect our freedom to dye in color. :rainbow1:

blackout

Violet.
Well its sad florida has come to the position its in. I remember when I was 5 we would have to drive a bit to get to walmart but now there is a walmart on nearly every major road and sometimes two walmarts. Like there are two walmarts on wickham rd. There are 4 walmarts within a 10 mile radius. They've driven most businesses into the ground. Most here have 5 year lifespan at the most.
Its disgusting. Getting a job that's not through walmart is insane. :p once I get a car I'm getting back into primerica. :)

Ps I'm dying my hair and keeping it shorter more often. I was originally going to have it this short with the pink. I think I will do it when I get out of this corporate bubble. :)

Can you get a job at hot topic? or Spencers?
or a more alternative, less mainstream kind of place?
(I don't know if they pay as much as WalMart or not though)

blackout

Violet.
Well I fail to see why pink hair is such a problem...
People just need to get over it.

Anybody controlling anybody is a violation of liberty and freedom.
(unless its to stop unjust and harmful acts)
Thanks for violating me big brother. ;)

You fail to see why pink hair is such a problem....
because it's not.
Pink hair is not an ACTUAL problem.
it's just a problem in some people's minds.

*in honor of Warren Clark*

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
'
Start your own business or become self employed and you can wear your hair anyway you want to. Now THAT'S freedom.

I beg to differ Kathryn, when I was employed by others in the construction industry, I had long hair down to my belt.

Now that I have my own company, I would never be sucessful looking like that unless I employed people to represent me and I stayed home.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I beg to differ Kathryn, when I was employed by others in the construction industry, I had long hair down to my belt.

Now that I have my own company, I would never be sucessful looking like that unless I employed people to represent me and I stayed home.

Ahhh, the joys of less responsibility.

Before I became the manager of the bank at which I work, I came in at 8 and left at 5 - which honestly seemed like part time to me, after owning my own business.

I dressed in business casual clothes and never really worried about what my co workers or clients thought - I was simply abiding by company standards - leaning toward the casual end of those standards.

I did my work and did it well, but I never once took a report home or came in at 6 am or felt any sort of compulsion to meet with a business owner at 9 pm - like I am going to do tonight (and of course there's no such thing as overtime in a salaried position!).

When you're not the boss, you've got MORE freedom - not less. So in that sense, you hit the nail on the head. Some people have a glamourized concept of what it means to be the manager, or the owner.

That being said, you can wear your hair in a ponytail if you want (unlike a manager, who's dress and demeanor are still mandated by the company). You may have a hard time establishing credibility with your customers and prospects, but ain't nobuddy telling you how to wear your hair.

Warren Clark

Informer
I've been applying everywhere. But since walmart is on every corner most businesses can't afford to compete so they either have less open positions or are forced to close.
I blame walmart and rightfully so do I.
Anyone that disagrees is probably left ignorant of what the walmart effect is.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Or they know more about it than you and simply feel you are merely revealing your emotional reaction that you have nursed for years, maybe even decades...

Alceste

Vagabond
I've been applying everywhere. But since walmart is on every corner most businesses can't afford to compete so they either have less open positions or are forced to close.
I blame walmart and rightfully so do I.

Well if you want to work in retail and live in Florida, you've only yourself to blame if all you can find are Walmart jobs. :p

Warren Clark

Informer
Like I said.
I've been applying everywhere.
Telemarketing, food service, retail, etc.

The walmart effect is self evident. Maybe your town hasn't been effected. If so you are lucky.
come to florida and see it for yourself. A walmart on everyother corner. The only successful businesses in the area are those of aaron's an appliance rental place, banks, and food services along with your occasional dollar stores and tobacco shops. Even the good will is run down and their prices can't compete with walmart.

So maybe I have experienced it longer than others, be it for the 10 years I have been consciously shopping for myself and working hard for a living.
I have every reason to be ****** with the way the government allows this economy to be run down. There are laws in place to protect the economy from being monopolized but the laws are useless when not properly enforced.

I don't get where blaming me comes into play.
I, along with every other american are being forced into a never ending loop of "Just Over Broke".
Why is everyone so content being an "American Idiot"?