• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right or wrong religion?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So when an evangelist tries to convert every person they can to their particular religion/denomination/church, they're just as wrong as a dietitian who tells everybody to eat a high carb diet?
They are interested in being the authority, not in actually helping people.

Shantanu

When you say that God doesn't exist somewhere, you put a hole in the middle of it, like a block of swiss cheese. So the answer to your question is, you did. You said that, in effect.
I said God lies dormant after He created the universe with physical energy and consciousness energy: the consciousness energy consists of the life force and the soul force that makes things happen automatically.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What is heaven?

Heaven or Nirvana is a form of Paradise of those who reach enlightenment in this life. Example Buddha Sakyamuni created Nirvana where his enlighten followers enter after huan life ends meanin when we are outside of samsara we attain nirvana. But it is nota physical place (in my understanding)

Shantanu

Heaven or Nirvana is a form of Paradise of those who reach enlightenment in this life. Example Buddha Sakyamuni created Nirvana where his enlighten followers enter after huan life ends meanin when we are outside of samsara we attain nirvana. But it is nota physical place (in my understanding)
I have not attained any such heaven or nirvana because I struggle to survive: the UK State's mental health authorities has this morning asked me to come to a clinic to treat my persistent delusional disorder tomorrow.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have not attained any such heaven or nirvana because I struggle to survive: the UK State's mental health authorities has this morning asked me to come to a clinic to treat my persistent delusional disorder tomorrow.
I am sorry to hear you struggle with your mental health. But in the same case, do you think a God has mental illness?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No. He lies dormant within Brahman until one surrenders to Him, and then He comes alive as Paramatman to the Atman.
Being dormant, does not mean is not there. God, or Atman, or Paramatma (can be understood as all the same), is in everyone equally, like the wetness of each wave is the same no matter the shape or form of the wave. There is no "dry wet". It's wetness everywhere.

To see someone who does not Realize the Divine, or Spirit, or Self, or God (all the same, just different names), does not mean God is absent. That is impossible as the whole of Reality is a Divine Reality. It simply means that the person is not activating that in their life, not that it is not there. Do you agree with this?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I said God lies dormant after He created the universe with physical energy and consciousness energy: the consciousness energy consists of the life force and the soul force that makes things happen automatically.
I don't see an issue with this per se, but I see that Consciousness, and Life that all that exists arises from as being not 'other' to God. It is very much God, manifest in form. The unmanifest and the manifest are not other to one another. They are One and the Same. It is only our dualistic perspectives that divide this up in order for the mind to think about and hold these things conceptually. But conceptualizations, are not actuality. They are thoughts about something. They are thoughts, not the spans and depths of Reality.

Shantanu

Being dormant, does not mean is not there. God, or Atman, or Paramatma (can be understood as all the same), is in everyone equally, like the wetness of each wave is the same no matter the shape or form of the wave. There is no "dry wet". It's wetness everywhere.

To see someone who does not Realize the Divine, or Spirit, or Self, or God (all the same, just different names), does not mean God is absent. That is impossible as the whole of Reality is a Divine Reality. It simply means that the person is not activating that in their life, not that it is not there. Do you agree with this?
They are not all the same: there are living beings (and inanimate objects) incapable of realising the 'Divine' within through inappropriate genetics.

Shantanu

I don't see an issue with this per se, but I see that Consciousness, and Life that all that exists arises from as being not 'other' to God. It is very much God, manifest in form. The unmanifest and the manifest are not other to one another. They are One and the Same. It is only our dualistic perspectives that divide this up in order for the mind to think about and hold these things conceptually. But conceptualizations, are not actuality. They are thoughts about something. They are thoughts, not the spans and depths of Reality.
I am aware of this philosophy but it is not within my experience.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They are not all the same: there are living beings (and inanimate objects) incapable of realising the 'Divine' within through inappropriate genetics.
I completely disagree with this, of course. Everything being a manifestation of God, or the Divine, is inseparable from the Divine Reality. Each can realize that nature in its own ways. A cat or a deer knows it's reality without definitions about itself to rely up to think of their existence with in order to connect to it. That a human's experience of the Realization of the Divine is experienced as Enlightenment, so too any living thing knows God in its own ways, and it is all the same. Just held differently by the different minds.

Genetics, has nothing to do with Spiritual realization, or lack thereof. The real culprit, is duality. And that comes through language and programming of culture.

So when an evangelist tries to convert every person they can to their particular religion/denomination/church, they're just as wrong as a dietitian who tells everybody to eat a high carb diet?

In a very general sense, yea.

Unless God gives a specific message to someone to proclaim to a specific person or group, then yea.

Shantanu

I completely disagree with this, of course. Everything being a manifestation of God, or the Divine, is inseparable from the Divine Reality. Each can realize that nature in its own ways. A cat or a deer knows it's reality without definitions about itself to rely up to think of their existence with in order to connect to it. That a human's experience of the Realization of the Divine is experienced as Enlightenment, so too any living thing knows God in its own ways, and it is all the same. Just held differently by the different minds.

Genetics, has nothing to do with Spiritual realization, or lack thereof. The real culprit, is duality. And that comes through language and programming of culture.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I studied all religions and philosophies in becoming God.