• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right or wrong religion?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You do know on must cultivate mind and body to actually reach Godhood? one can not just deside that now i want to be god
I think the best way to understand this is that this "cultivation" is really simply the effort one has to make to remove the obstacles to allow what is innate to come to fruition of itself. One does not "achieve", or attain, or reach that which is already fully innate within oneself.

It's like a gardener, removing the rocks and weeds that choke out the plants that grow is our work. But it's not the work that brings life to the plants. We cannot claim we made the corn grow. We didn't. It grew itself. But in our field, in order to produce a good yield, we must tend our gardens. All we are doing is honoring Life itself by clearing the debris in our life which stifles this natural reality that is Life. We value Truth, more than personal gain. The abundance of that field, feeds others through our humility in cultivating a fruitful field in our lives.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think the best way to understand this is that this "cultivation" is really simply the effort one has to make to remove the obstacles to allow what is innate to come to fruition of itself. One does not "achieve", or attain, or reach that which is already fully innate within oneself.

It's like a gardener, removing the rocks and weeds that choke out the plants that grow is our work. But it's not the work that brings life to the plants. We cannot claim we made the corn grow. We didn't. It grew itself. But in our field, in order to produce a good yield, we must tend our gardens.

You have wise words :) Because english is my second language i a not that good in expressing myself, but i do agree with much :)

Shantanu

If you claim to have the Realization of God in your life, that you are God manifest in the flesh of that human body that is yours, you would know this. God cannot be divided, and still be considered God. If you see yourself as other to others, you don't realize yet the Divine within.
I would not know this as it is a human yogic attainment of advaita (the Ultimate Reality), not the descent of God in a human form.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would not know this as it is a human yogic attainment of advaita (the Ultimate Reality), not the descent of God in a human form.
How can the Realization of Ultimate Reality exclude God in human form? How can it exclude God from anything that exists at all? If God is used to speak of the Infinite, which is Ultimate Reality, then to make a hole in the middle of it, means God is not infinite. God cannot be a block of swiss cheese, and still be considered God.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No I went through a process of neti-neti to find the God within me.
And yet now you say that God doesn't exist somewhere? Do you see That which you are, in others as you look at them? Do you recognize the Self in all that exists? Or do you see yourself and God as this over here, and others at that over there?

Shantanu

How can the Realization of Ultimate Reality exclude God in human form? How can it exclude God from anything that exists at all? If God is used to speak of the Infinite, which is Ultimate Reality, then to make a hole in the middle of it, means God is not infinite. God cannot be a block of swiss cheese, and still be considered God.
Who said that God is a block of cheese or Sun, the Moon, the lion, the insect etc?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who said that God is a block of cheese or Sun, the Moon, the lion, the insect etc?
When you say that God doesn't exist somewhere, you put a hole in the middle of it, like a block of swiss cheese. So the answer to your question is, you did. You said that, in effect.

Shantanu

And yet now you say that God doesn't exist somewhere? Do you see That which you are, in others as you look at them? Do you recognize the Self in all that exists? Or do you see yourself and God as this over here, and others at that over there?
God is Paramatman, the rest is Brahman (total energy) that He created.

I have noticed that some religious people often tend to think that the religion they follow is the only "right" religion. But in my head that sound in some way incorrect.

I think a religion that is right for me does not need feel right for others,
Any thoughts?

I somewhat agree. Ill explain using diet.

A person that is sedentairy should eat a low carb diet, while a very active person should eat a high carb diet. So, diet should not be cookie cut for anyone. Everyones diet should be custom to there situation and body type.

Likewise religion and spiritual practice.

Now, this dont mean that there is not an ultimate objective reality that takes into account the whole picture, for i believe there is.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I somewhat agree. Ill explain using diet.

A person that is sedentairy should eat a low carb diet, while a very active person should eat a high carb diet. So, diet should not be cookie cut for anyone. Everyones diet should be custom to there situation and body type.

Likewise religion and spiritual practice.

Now, this dont mean that there is not an ultimate objective reality that takes into account the whole picture, for i believe there is.
So when an evangelist tries to convert every person they can to their particular religion/denomination/church, they're just as wrong as a dietitian who tells everybody to eat a high carb diet?