• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right or wrong religion?

Shantanu

Can you clearify something for me? You say you are a god but then you talk about God as if there is one Huge God boss on top?
That is absolutely right: there is a one Huge God on top: He comes down to Earth to live as a human being when it pleases Him. I am that God in human form.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That is absolutely right: there is a one Huge God on top: He comes down to Earth to live as a human being when it pleases Him. I am that God in human form.

You said in a earlier post that you spoke to God when you was younger, and he told you who you are, How can that god tell you this if you are that god? That sound like you telling you self that you are God, right?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Every person's spiritual enlightenment is different.

Yes, my point is that each of us should see our beliefs or enlightenment if you will, as reality not as beliefs. If our beliefs are true and how we say reality we shouldnt stray away from being open to say this without feeling we are evangelizing or comprising our worldview just because we put aside political correctness and take a stand for what one knows is true despite other people's disagreement.

A good way to do this is to say I-know god exists. It doesnt put emphasis on the other while maintain that one knows X is true not just within ones own religious group but to people as a whole.

Whether everyone has different definitions of enlightenment isnt the point Im making.

Shantanu

You said in a earlier post that you spoke to God when you was younger, and he told you who you are, How can that god tell you this if you are that god? That sound like you telling you self that you are God, right?
I am saying to myself that I am God in a human form after all these years of thinking that I was a human being as I did not know anything about God 20 years ago. I therefore discovered that I was God.

Shantanu

Yes, my point is that each of us should see our beliefs or enlightenment if you will, as reality not as beliefs. If our beliefs are true and how we say reality we shouldnt stray away from being open to say this without feeling we are evangelizing or comprising our worldview just because we put aside political correctness and take a stand for what one knows is true despite other people's disagreement.

A good way to do this is to say I-know god exists. It doesnt put emphasis on the other while maintain that one knows X is true not just within ones own religious group but to people as a whole.

Whether everyone has different definitions of enlightenment isnt the point Im making.
Our individual realities are composed of our beliefs.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Our individual realities are composed of our beliefs.

And my point is, instead of seeing it as our beliefs but see it as facts. When we have our beliefs (if you like), we take them up because they make sense to reality and our worldview. I assume they are fact as a result.

If a person knows god exist, saying I believe is fine. I just think its not expressing what that person knows is true. Whether he doesnt do it because of culture or political correctness, the point still stands. We can say our realities and facts.

It has nothing to do with the nature of beliefs in relation to realities.

Its saying we know our reality is true or fact (I would hope?) and because we do, why cant we say it outside our own comfort zone of peers?

Reality isnt dependent on what we believe. Unless you guys beliefs doesnt reflect reality as you see it, Id assume you would speak as if you know what you believe is true not just believe it.

Shantanu

And my point is, instead of seeing it as our beliefs but see it as facts. When we have our beliefs (if you like), we take them up because they make sense to reality and our worldview. I assume they are fact as a result.

If a person knows god exist, saying I believe is fine. I just think its not expressing what that person knows is true. Whether he doesnt do it because of culture or political correctness, the point still stands. We can say our realities and facts.

It has nothing to do with the nature of beliefs in relation to realities.

Its saying we know our reality is true or fact (I would hope?) and because we do, why cant we say it outside our own comfort zone of peers?

Reality isnt dependent on what we believe. Unless you guys beliefs doesnt reflect reality as you see it, Id assume you would speak as if you know what you believe is true not just believe it.
Yes we should see our beliefs as our facts as perceived by our minds. So there are infinite realities, but through neti-neti one can peel off one's delusions and arrive at the Ultimate Reality that one is God in a human form.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is only one correct religion, which is to live like God as a human being: to search this God is necessarily a long process of discovery not amenable to any but a select few as it takes a lifetime to attain.
If you were living as God as a human, you would not be thinking in terms of right vs. wrong. You would not judge by the clothing one wears to suit the day. Nor would you be elevating others above each other. God does not divide.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have noticed that some religious people often tend to think that the religion they follow is the only "right" religion. But in my head that sound in some way incorrect.
Yes, it sounds incorrect in many people's thinking, including my own. If you aren't familiar with it already, this is a classic story every child should be taught:

It was six men of Indostan,
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.

The First approach'd the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
"God bless me! but the Elephant
Is very like a wall!"

The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried, -"Ho! what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me 'tis mighty clear,
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a spear!"

The Third approach'd the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
"I see," -quoth he- "the Elephant
Is very like a snake!"

The Fourth reached out an eager hand,
And felt about the knee:
"What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain," -quoth he,-
"'Tis clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a tree!"

The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said- "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!"

The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Then, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
"I see," -quoth he,- "the Elephant
Is very like a rope!"

And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!
I think a religion that is right for me does not need feel right for others,
Any thoughts?
Religion is a support structure, not the building itself. Depending on what work needs to be done on the building, the support structure may need to be relocated, modified, or torn down and rebuilt in order to focus on areas of the building under construction. To argue one's scaffolding is the one and only right way to support working on your building is purely reflective of one's own ego, not reality.

Here's a great quote from the Buddha that seems to fit here. "To insist on a spiritual practice that served you in the past is to carry the raft on your back after you have crossed the river."

Shantanu

If you were living as God as a human, you would not be thinking in terms of right vs. wrong. You would not judge by the clothing one wears to suit the day. Nor would you be elevating others above each other. God does not divide.
There is a difference between the words 'correct' and 'right'.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I have noticed that some religious people often tend to think that the religion they follow is the only "right" religion. But in my head that sound in some way incorrect.

Any thoughts?

I agree with your sentiment. In my view, there is only belief. Belief, in and of itself, cannot be proved or disproved. Those who do think theirs is right for everyone are just unable to cognise the bigger picture.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes we should see our beliefs as our facts as perceived by our minds. So there are infinite realities, but through neti-neti one can peel off one's delusions and arrive at the Ultimate Reality that one is God in a human form.

Um. I'm pretty simple. If are beliefs are facts to use, we should speak it as such. It seems we use belief for political correctness and try not to be like evangelist peers. Instead of eating, I believe or this is true, say I-know. It doesn't put pressure on the other person and the person who speaks doesn't sugarcoat his belief even though it is fact for him.

What you are saying is looking way to deep into how we should express our beliefs if they are facts to us.

You lost me.

Shantanu

Um. I'm pretty simple. If are beliefs are facts to use, we should speak it as such. It seems we use belief for political correctness and try not to be like evangelist peers. Instead of eating, I believe or this is true, say I-know. It doesn't put pressure on the other person and the person who speaks doesn't sugarcoat his belief even though it is fact for him.

What you are saying is looking way to deep into how we should express our beliefs if they are facts to us.

You lost me.
We do not know what we believe until we are forced into action.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Any thoughts?
If two religions make conflicting factual claims, then no more than one of them can be entirely correct.

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma

Any thoughts?
I prefer the new Neo-humanistic paradigma of P.R. Sarkar which looks only at spiritial practices or systems (cults) of spiritual practices and not at religious categories. This more rational Tantric outlook is not interested in superficial theoretical divisions but looks at how effective people progress spiritually in a practical way.

People who look on the religious level only are less matured in their understanding of what spirituality is and how it works in living beings.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am saying to myself that I am God in a human form after all these years of thinking that I was a human being as I did not know anything about God 20 years ago. I therefore discovered that I was God.

You do know on must cultivate mind and body to actually reach Godhood? one can not just deside that now i want to be god

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I really have no idea if other human beings are also Sri Krishna/Durga.
If you claim to have the Realization of God in your life, that you are God manifest in the flesh of that human body that is yours, you would know this. God cannot be divided, and still be considered God. If you see yourself as other to others, you don't realize yet the Divine within.