• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Resurrected Christ: So what? Still not the Messiah?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe that hits the nail on the head. The word of God is not there in the wrtiings of the B man so he is not God.
Baha'u'llah never claimed to be God.... neither did Jesus.

All we have of Jesus came to us by way of oral tradition so it is not reliable. Also, the New Testament does not apply to the new age we now live in. The spiritual teachings of Jesus are eternal but we need more than that in this new age.

The Will of God is in the Writings of Baha'u'llah, and that is what we need to know in this new age. What Baha'u'llah wrote is identical to the Will of God.

"The essence of belief in Divine unity consisteth in regarding Him Who is the Manifestation of God and Him Who is the invisible, the inaccessible, the unknowable Essence as one and the same. By this is meant that whatever pertaineth to the former, all His acts and doings, whatever He ordaineth or forbiddeth, should be considered, in all their aspects, and under all circumstances, and without any reservation, as identical with the Will of God Himself. This is the loftiest station to which a true believer in the unity of God can ever hope to attain. Blessed is the man that reacheth this station, and is of them that are steadfast in their belief."
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 166-167

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe in the truth which is why I can believe the Bible and its statement that Jesus ascended. I believe what is a foolish notion is to say that the witnesses were lying as though they had something to gain by stating something foolish by our limited understanding of things.
Acts 1:10-11 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

The disciples were staring up into the sky. The two men dressed in white (angels) came along and asked why they were staring up into the sky. The two men then wondered why the disciples were staring up into the sky and said that the same Jesus who was taken up to heaven will return as he went to heaven. It does not say that the disciples saw a body go up.

It was the Christ Spirit that ascended, not a body, which is why the angels wondered why the disciples were staring into the sky, since there was nothing to look at. That makes perfect sense since angels can see spirits. Descending from heaven upon the clouds means that the spirit of Jesus, the Christ Spirit, will be made manifest from the heaven of the will of God and will appear in the form of the human temple. Though delivered from the womb of Mary, Jesus in reality descended from the heaven of the will of God. Baha’u’llah descended in like manner, from the heaven of the will of God.

“But as the clergy have neither understood the meaning of the Gospels nor comprehended the symbols, therefore, it has been said that religion is in contradiction to science, and science in opposition to religion, as, for example, this subject of the ascension of Christ with an elemental body to the visible heaven is contrary to the science of mathematics. But when the truth of this subject becomes clear, and the symbol is explained, science in no way contradicts it; but, on the contrary, science and the intelligence affirm it.”
Some Answered Questions, pp. 104-105

Muffled

Jesus in me
Baha'u'llah never claimed to be God.... neither did Jesus.

All we have of Jesus came to us by way of oral tradition so it is not reliable. Also, the New Testament does not apply to the new age we now live in. The spiritual teachings of Jesus are eternal but we need more than that in this new age.

The Will of God is in the Writings of Baha'u'llah, and that is what we need to know in this new age. What Baha'u'llah wrote is identical to the Will of God.

"The essence of belief in Divine unity consisteth in regarding Him Who is the Manifestation of God and Him Who is the invisible, the inaccessible, the unknowable Essence as one and the same. By this is meant that whatever pertaineth to the former, all His acts and doings, whatever He ordaineth or forbiddeth, should be considered, in all their aspects, and under all circumstances, and without any reservation, as identical with the Will of God Himself. This is the loftiest station to which a true believer in the unity of God can ever hope to attain. Blessed is the man that reacheth this station, and is of them that are steadfast in their belief."
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 166-167

I believe it is my understanding that he claimed to be a manifestation of God and I suppose that can be obliquely true because he talks about God.

I believe He did more than once.

I believe you are in error. The writings were either done by eyewitnesses, those who wrote for eyewitnesses or interviewed eyewitnesses.

I believe it is not evil enough to suit our present age. Is that what you mean?

I believe that is why Jesus is still available and much better than someone thinking up thoughts about God and the Bible from their own mind.

I believe since I haven't read all the writings, judging that might be premature but from what I have seen so far it is highly unlikely that all of the writings are the will of God but certainly he must have reiterated something along the way.

I believe I am absolutely sure that is not the case. When did the B man say that adherents should receive Jesus as Lord and Savior, since that is the will of God?

I believe that would be me because I have Jesus in me.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Acts 1:10-11 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

The disciples were staring up into the sky. The two men dressed in white (angels) came along and asked why they were staring up into the sky. The two men then wondered why the disciples were staring up into the sky and said that the same Jesus who was taken up to heaven will return as he went to heaven. It does not say that the disciples saw a body go up.

It was the Christ Spirit that ascended, not a body, which is why the angels wondered why the disciples were staring into the sky, since there was nothing to look at. That makes perfect sense since angels can see spirits. Descending from heaven upon the clouds means that the spirit of Jesus, the Christ Spirit, will be made manifest from the heaven of the will of God and will appear in the form of the human temple. Though delivered from the womb of Mary, Jesus in reality descended from the heaven of the will of God. Baha’u’llah descended in like manner, from the heaven of the will of God.

“But as the clergy have neither understood the meaning of the Gospels nor comprehended the symbols, therefore, it has been said that religion is in contradiction to science, and science in opposition to religion, as, for example, this subject of the ascension of Christ with an elemental body to the visible heaven is contrary to the science of mathematics. But when the truth of this subject becomes clear, and the symbol is explained, science in no way contradicts it; but, on the contrary, science and the intelligence affirm it.”
Some Answered Questions, pp. 104-105

I believe one may not see a spirit but one may see a body. Also Jesus was talking to them which also suggests that He was still in the body. In addition to that we have continuity ie Jesus in the body before this without any mention of Him returning to a spiritual state.

I believe that is conjecture. I could speculate that they were still staring up as though they expected Jesus to come back down right away and the angels had to tell them what to expect.

I believe this is not in agreement with the book of Revelation.

I believe I have seen no evidence of this yet but even so it is not a big deal because I also descended from Heaven and God was willing for me to do so and I am in a human body. Also the B man did not descend in a body.

BTW in the quote it appears that the B man affirms the bodily ascension.