• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Resurrected Christ: So what? Still not the Messiah?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You're probably addressing the wrong person. Unless you're promising to do something as exciting as @Tony Bristow-Stagg did--offering to return three prophecies for one--I'm really not all that interested in scrutinizing the matter. But it shouldn't be hard to find someone who does; people will argue about anything around here.

That is why I replied like for like. Quite a few Prophecies in the link you supplied, were not for the time of Christ, thus were not accurate in attributing a fulfillment to Jesus the Christ.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
You're probably addressing the wrong person. Unless you're promising to do something as exciting as @Tony Bristow-Stagg did--offering to return three prophecies for one--I'm really not all that interested in scrutinizing the matter. But it shouldn't be hard to find someone who does; people will argue about anything around here.
Sorry, I do not have time for games... I am too busy. :oops::rolleyes::eek:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Those that accept Jesus as the Christ.

When Muhammad gave His Message, those that see Christ's Message in the Koran.

Then when the Bab and Baha'u'llah gave God's Message for this day, those that see Christ in all Gods Messengers, Names and Attributes.

The Messianic promises are fulfilled

Regards Tony
The theology of most Christians is far different than the Baha'is. Baha'is, if they are right, had to change several erroneous Christian beliefs.

Axe Elf

Prophet
Why others people suffer greatly, do you feel we should give our time to play?

This is the Challenge the Messiah has given us.

The poor will be with us always; take time to have fun and enjoy the good things in life.

That's the challenge that the Messiah has given us.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The theology of most Christians is far different than the Baha'is. Baha'is, if they are right, had to change several erroneous Christian beliefs.

Yes they have to reconsider a literal interpretation.

Muhammad did offer that in the 600's.

The Muslims (Not all though) have suffered the same fate.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
At least take the time to pet that cat for a while.
Thanks. i will be doing that for more than a while because I will have more time now. I just left the other forum i have been posting on because the owner is censoring my my posts, since he cannot tolerate the Baha'i Faith. I am done there so I will be back here posting again.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Thanks. i will be doing that for more than a while because I will have more time now. I just left the other forum i have been posting on because the owner is censoring my my posts, since he cannot tolerate the Baha'i Faith. I am done there so I will be back here posting again.
Their loss, our gain. We have several Baha'is posting, but none with your perspective and honesty.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Their loss, our gain. We have several Baha'is posting, but none with your perspective and honesty.
Thanks, I needed that. The forum I was posting on is just so toxic. I am really hurting right now for the way I was treated by the forum owner. He is unjust, dishonest and vicious but hides behind a nice guy façade. I like to see only the good in people so I am constantly being sideswiped, trusting them and then getting stabbed in the back. He just lied about me to the whole forum, saying I broke forum rules and that I find fault with everyone. I broke no forum rules and I find no fault with anyone. Rather, I am constantly fielding his hatred and negativity and false accusations. He locked me out so I cannot defend myself.

This has been going on for four years, so I do not know why I went back there hoping it would be different this time. What the atheist forum owner cannot stand is the Baha’i Faith and God and my honesty about what I believe, but I never find fault with anyone or their beliefs or non-beliefs. It is him who does that to me constantly so it is projection, but when people do not want to look at themselves they blame others for what they are doing... That is psych 101 stuff.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Thanks, I needed that. The forum I was posting on is just so toxic. I am really hurting right now for the way I was treated by the forum owner. He is unjust, dishonest and vicious but hides behind a nice guy façade. I like to see only the good in people so I am constantly being sideswiped, trusting them and then getting stabbed in the back. He just lied about me to the whole forum, saying I broke forum rules and that I find fault with everyone. I broke no forum rules and I find no fault with anyone. Rather, I am constantly fielding his hatred and negativity and false accusations. He locked me out so I cannot defend myself.

This has been going on for four years, so I do not know why I went back there hoping it would be different this time. What the atheist forum owner cannot stand is the Baha’i Faith and God and my honesty about what I believe, but I never find fault with anyone or their beliefs or non-beliefs. It is him who does that to me constantly so it is projection, but when people do not want to look at themselves they blame others for what they are doing... That is psych 101 stuff.
Well, I'm glad you found this forum and are so evolved in it.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, Jews would not have considered him the messiah (and executed him according to the Biblical accounts). But Christians modified the usage of the term Messiah to match what Christ did. Similar to John changing the word "logos".

I believe that must mean the Jews version of the Messiah lacked reality because nothing had happened yet but after the fact it is easier to see what God was doing.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Believe whatever you want to... Beliefs do not change reality. Jesus is not coming back, NOT EVER.

It’s been done. Baha’u’llah was the Return of Christ, the Messiah, the Promise of All Ages.

The time foreordained unto the peoples and kindreds of the earth is now come. The promises of God, as recorded in the holy Scriptures, have all been fulfilled. Out of Zion hath gone forth the Law of God, and Jerusalem, and the hills and land thereof, are filled with the glory of His Revelation. Happy is the man that pondereth in his heart that which hath been revealed in the Books of God, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. Meditate upon this, O ye beloved of God, and let your ears be attentive unto His Word, so that ye may, by His grace and mercy, drink your fill from the crystal waters of constancy, and become as steadfast and immovable as the mountain in His Cause.

In the Book of Isaiah it is written: “Enter into the rock, and hide thee in the dust, for fear of the Lord, and for the glory of His majesty.” No man that meditateth upon this verse can fail to recognize the greatness of this Cause, or doubt the exalted character of this Day—the Day of God Himself. This same verse is followed by these words: “And the Lord alone shall be exalted in that Day.” This is the Day which the Pen of the Most High hath glorified in all the holy Scriptures. There is no verse in them that doth not declare the glory of His holy Name, and no Book that doth not testify unto the loftiness of this most exalted theme. Were We to make mention of all that hath been revealed in these heavenly Books and holy Scriptures concerning this Revelation, this Tablet would assume impossible dimensions. It is incumbent in this Day, upon every man to place his whole trust in the manifold bounties of God, and arise to disseminate, with the utmost wisdom, the verities of His Cause. Then, and only then, will the whole earth be enveloped with the morning light of His Revelation.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 12-14

I believe you can't say that is reality when there is no evidence to support it. Reality needs evidence doesn't it?

I believe there is no evidence that the B man descended from heaven.

I believe that is false testimony. It does not come from God but then nothing the B man says comes from God.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe you can't say that is reality when there is no evidence to support it. Reality needs evidence doesn't it?
There is enough evidence to sink a ship. You just do not like the evidence.
I believe there is no evidence that the B man descended from heaven.
Baha'u'llah did not come down on a physical cloud as Christians are expecting, but He did descend from heaven.

Baha’u’llah cleared up the meaning of clouds in the Kitab-i-Iqan. He devoted quite a bit of text to explaining what clouds means. To paraphrase Baha’u’llah, Son of man coming on the clouds means that the return of the Christ Spirit will appear in the form of another human being. The term “clouds” as used in the Bible means those things that are contrary to the ways and desires of men. Just like the physical clouds prevent the eyes of men from beholding the sun, these things hindered men from recognizing the return of Christ.

Mark 14: 62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Matthew 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

The FIRST thing to note about all these verses is that none of them say “you will see me coming.” Rather they refer to the Son of man in the third person. Why do you think that is? If Jesus planned to return and wanted people to recognize Him as Jesus, why didn’t Jesus say: Mark 13:26 “And then shall they see me coming in the clouds with great power and glory.”

I will tell you why... It is because the Son of man refers to Baha’u’llah.

To explain in brief, to us Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven means that the return of the Christ Spirit promised in the Bible will be made manifest from the heaven of the will of God, and will appear in the form of a human being. The term “heaven” means loftiness and exaltation. Although Messengers of God were delivered from the womb of their mother, they have in reality descended from the heaven of the will of God. Though dwelling on this earth, their true habitations are the realms above. While walking among mortals on earth, they soar in the heaven of the divine presence.

Nowhere in the NT did Jesus ever promise to return. Jesus said His work on earth was finished.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

John 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

I believe that is false testimony. It does not come from God but then nothing the B man says comes from God.
You can believe that if you want to, but please keep in mind that our beliefs do not create reality. Reality exists. We either discover it or fail to do so.