• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republican Lawmaker Blasts Trump Over Civil War Threat

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
So he's not intelligent enough to make a veiled threat?

He is smart enough to not do it when there is no need.

Why would he even need to?

I think we can agree that if impeachment moves forward and they vote, it will probably pass in the House because of the the corruption of the Dems, but also it will fail in the Senate. So impeachment is not a threat for Trump.

But this continued witch hunt and trying peg false crimes (Russion collusion, false accusations of rape/sexual harassment, false obstruction, etc, etc, etc). Is turning the sane Americans against the Dems. Each false accusation is just another nail in the coffin for 2020. Trumps won 2020 already, now the Dems will begin losing seats in the house and senate.

Shad

Veteran Member
He is smart enough to not do it when there is no need.

Why would he even need to?

I think we can agree that if impeachment moves forward and they vote, it will probably pass in the House because of the the corruption of the Dems, but also it will fail in the Senate. So impeachment is not a threat for Trump.

But this continued witch hunt and trying peg false crimes (Russion collusion, false accusations of rape/sexual harassment, false obstruction, etc, etc, etc). Is turning the sane Americans against the Dems. Each false accusation is just another nail in the coffin for 2020. Trumps won 2020 already, now the Dems will begin losing seats in the house and senate.

He could still run again in 2020. Impeachment is not a bar to running for POTUS. The Senate would have to vote to disqualify the person in a Bill which is not part of impeachment itself.

Enoch07

Premium Member
He could still run again in 2020. Impeachment is not a bar to running for POTUS. The Senate would have to vote to disqualify the person in a Bill which is not part of impeachment itself.

A vote to impeach probably wouldn't be until 2020 anyways. The whole thing is pointless, and the Dems know it. It's just being used to try and steer as many votes away from Trump as they can. Just more abuse of power by the Dems in the House. Using anything can to gain and advantage, other than serving the citizens with policy that is.

Shad

Veteran Member
A vote to impeach probably wouldn't be until 2020 anyways. The whole thing is pointless, and th Dems know it. It's just being used to try and steer as many voted away from Trump as they can. Just more abuse o power by the Dems in the House using anything can to gain and advantage, other than serving the citizens with policy that is.

It just for 2020 ads. It could overshadow the policy plans of candidates in the news cycle as media loves ratings over substance.

It is partisan politics which has existed in the US for decades. It just waxes and wanes depending on self-interest of politicians.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
GOP lawmaker blasts Trump for quoting pastor warning of civil war over impeachment

I have three questions for anyone who is interested in answering them...

(1) I'm genuinely curious. How many people reading this believe -- or at least are willing to say they believe -- Trump did not intentionally threaten to start a civil war should he be successfully impeached and removed from office?

(2) Again, I'm just curious. If you think Trump did not intentionally threaten to start a civil war, then could you please state exactly and precisely what words you believe Trump or just about any national American politician would most likely use to threaten to start a civil war -- if that is what they wanted to do.

(3) On a scale of one to five, how politically astute, sophisticated do you believe yourself to be? The larger the number, the more astute, sophisticated.​

I myself will NOT be debating any answers to those three questions. I am personally just curious. However, others might or might not debate responses to this OP.

Who complained to Adam Schiff about our P.O..TU.S'' phone call with the Ukrainian President whom Donald J. Trump was just nicely asking to investigate a corrupt Ukrainian energy company for giving a high-paying job to Joe Biden's son who had zero experience with managing any energy production company?

Trump supporters like me want to know who would dare reveal confidential phone calls between our P.O.T.U.S. and other world leaders.

Anyways, if my beloved national executive leader were wrongfully removed from office, I myself as an ardent Trump loyalist would personally join the mass revolt against those who'd wrongfully attempt to take away Donald J. Trump's rulership.

5d91ddd22dc72.png

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
And by the way, it's not "the left" any more. Thoughtful member of the right are also doing the same. It's the Trumpistas against those who care about good government, honesty, justice, integrity and the like and that includes a few on the right who have the chutzpah to stand for what they believe in against the Trumpistas.
Facts are funny to some. Lies are taken seriously.

Terry Sampson

@Guitar's Cry

Note Salvador's post #47: "Anyways, if my beloved national executive leader were wrongfully removed from office, I myself as an ardent Trump loyalist would personally join the mass revolt against those who'd wrongfully attempt to take away Donald J. Trump's rulership."

What did I tell you? :D

David1967

Premium Member
GOP lawmaker blasts Trump for quoting pastor warning of civil war over impeachment

I have three questions for anyone who is interested in answering them...

(1) I'm genuinely curious. How many people reading this believe -- or at least are willing to say they believe -- Trump did not intentionally threaten to start a civil war should he be successfully impeached and removed from office?

(2) Again, I'm just curious. If you think Trump did not intentionally threaten to start a civil war, then could you please state exactly and precisely what words you believe Trump or just about any national American politician would most likely use to threaten to start a civil war -- if that is what they wanted to do.

(3) On a scale of one to five, how politically astute, sophisticated do you believe yourself to be? The larger the number, the more astute, sophisticated.​

I myself will NOT be debating any answers to those three questions. I am personally just curious. However, others might or might not debate responses to this OP.

I'm beyond being surprised by anything he says. The way he puffs himself up while singing his own praises reminds me of the old films of Musolini. Very unpresidential behavior. IMHO of course.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
@Guitar's Cry

Note Salvador's post #47: "Anyways, if my beloved national executive leader were wrongfully removed from office, I myself as an ardent Trump loyalist would personally join the mass revolt against those who'd wrongfully attempt to take away Donald J. Trump's rulership."

What did I tell you? :D

Oregon’s Legislative Chaos Has Senators Fleeing to Idaho and a Militia Threatening the Capitol

An armed militia is rounding up migrants and forcing them into border patrol custody

Armed Trump Supporters Confront American Indian Arizona Lawmakers at State Capitol

Meet the armed militia training in the woods in preparation for a Clinton victory

There are certainly many that are willing to take it to a violent level.

Enoch07

Premium Member
And yet he apparently did.

So you think Trump, who was quoting someone else, did so to make a threat?

Why quote someone else if it's a threat then? Why not just say "If I am impeached there will be a civil war"?

Are you suggesting that he is clever enough to have the forethought ahead of time to look up a quote, then use it in place of a threat, hoping nobody would notice?

Just trying to understand y'alls mental gymnastics.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
So you think Trump, who was quoting someone else, did so to make a threat?

A veiled threat. There's a difference.

Why quote someone else if it's a threat then? Why not just say "If I am impeached there will be a civil war"?

Are you suggesting that he is clever enough to have the forethought ahead of time to look up a quote, then use it in place of a threat, hoping nobody would notice?

Just trying to understand y'alls mental gymnastics.

I think he knows what's going to rile his base and his opponents. I doubt he needed to look up this quote, as he is a fairly regular hound for news concerning himself.

I suspect he knew full well people would notice. He's used threats of violence before, remember, both from the "left" and the "right." He seems fully capable of understanding reactions. This is a reality show game he is playing.

Terry Sampson

I suspect he knew full well people would notice.

And there's this neat thing he does so often.
  • I don't know. I'm just telling you what other "reputable sources" are saying.
  • In this case, the "reputable source" is the Baptist, mega-church preacher who is a really good friend of mine.
  • Where'd Jeffress get the idea? I don't know, ... maybe from God?
  • I don't know. I'm just telling you what others are saying and you yourselves know to be true.

Just rhetorical hyperbole for impeaching me could lead to trouble (perhaps including civil unrest, demos, etc.)

Would care more about their actions than words.

(3) On a scale of one to five, how politically astute, sophisticated do you believe yourself to be? The larger the number, the more astute, sophisticated.

No idea. Such a rating wouldn't be of any real value anyway.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Just rhetorical hyperbole for impeaching me could lead to trouble (perhaps including civil unrest, demos, etc.)
Either way, his words are so deplorable that some Pubs have taken offense to them. "Hyperbole" still can very much be a threat that may encourage violence, and Trump threatens people a lot, and I don't think that the uptick in militant actions by both groups and individuals is just coincidence.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Yup. I've said this before and will say it here, again:

The purpose, assuming that the House of Representatives impeaches the bugger and the Senate votes against impeachment, is:
  • To tag Trump with the label "Impeached by the House", like Clinton was;
    • To drive Trump so stark-raving mad that they have to take him out of the White House in a straight-jacket and on a stretcher; and
      • To force Placid Pence into the Presidency just to show everybody what a stupid idea it is to have a dedicated evangelical as a POTUS ; or
    • To decrease the chance that Trump will be elected in 2020, which may be enough to give him a stroke or drive him nuts permanently, given his narcissistic ego; or
    • In the off-chance that impeachment backfires and Trump gets elected in 2020, he--predictably--will imagine that he is invincible, and will be sure to do something that only the most obtuse Trump-supporter would excuse, but which really does actually earn an impeachment vote in the House AND the Senate.
  • Then Democrats can focus on Trump-supporting Congressmen and Senators.

I don't know about the other stuff, but I kind of doubt Trump cares. Whatever happens politically, Trump will simply go on about his business. Basically, no skin off of his teeth.

Sure if he wins 2020 it'll be another feather in his cap. If not, he'll write it off a a failure of the political system. No wrong doing on his part.