• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Republican Congressman on Suspected Islamic Radicals: 'Kill Them All'"

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
In response to the London terror attack, Rep. Clay Higgins (R-La.) had an extreme proposal: kill anyone suspected of being an Islamic radical.

On his campaign Faceboook page, Higgins, a former police officer, posted this message:

The free world... all of Christendom... is at war with Islamic horror. Not one penny of American treasure should be granted to any nation who harbors these heathen animals. Not a single radicalized Islamic suspect should be granted any measure of quarter. Their intended entry to the American homeland should be summarily denied. Every conceivable measure should be engaged to hunt them down. Hunt them, identity them, and kill them. Kill them all. For the sake of all that is good and righteous. Kill them all.

I bet those Islamic radicals will use this to further the idea they are in a holy war.

suncowiam

What about a person that defends herself from an attacker by killing that attacker?

It's done in self defense.

I don't want to kill anyone, but if there are people systematically trying to kill me, then what is the better suggestion?

It just feeds their ideology, pushing more and more to join their ranks. It is the definition of insanity, as it has failed time and time again throughout history.
I'd say the insanity is constantly excusing all (constant) wrongdoing as 'not real Islam'. Moderate islamists and liberal left making excuse after excuse only effectively creates a shield around the more 'devoted' Muslims. We need a more direct approach I would say.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
You don't think the Congressman's statement will help them recruit?

As if they ever needed another excuse? We are not dealing with rational people when you talk about a jihadist. What other course do we have?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
As if they ever needed another excuse? We are not dealing with rational people when you talk about a jihadist. What other course do we have?

At this point, we don't have many options. We could, of course, learn from our mistakes and not attempt to repeat them. But that would be inhuman of us.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
At this point, we don't have many options. We could, of course, learn from our mistakes and not attempt to repeat them. But that would be inhuman of us.
We could somehow have the courage of our convictions and not let a tiny number of evil people cause us to stop listening to "the better angels of our nature" as Abraham Lincoln put it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You don't think the Congressman's statement will help them recruit?
Absolutely, and this is what some people simply do not understand. Idiotic statements that are hate-filled and bigoted against any group tends to coalesce the group and encourage it to fight back. Statements like the congressman spouted will undoubtedly be exhibited on-line to recruit others, and the last thing we want to do is to offend Muslims because we badly need their help internationally and nationally.

The Brits thwarted six terrorist attempts in the last three months, and the information that broke most of those cases came from Muslim family, friends, or associates, according to news reports citing confidential British authorities.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Our biggest mistake was letting ISIS get this far. It's time for decisive and conclusive action against these maniacs. This will not end with us apologizing and capitulating.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Our biggest mistake was letting ISIS get this far. It's time for decisive and conclusive action against these maniacs. This will not end with us apologizing and capitulating.
Let me just say this. When we declared there would be nothing but "unconditional surrender" to the Germans and the Japanese, the initial response of the average German, even the ones opposed to Nazism, was to burn their bridges with the resistance movements because the proclamation vindicated everything Hitler had ever said about the Allies. There was no hope of a "peace with honor".

We only drove home the point by the large-scale destruction of Germany. When you give them no way out, those who might be flagging in their determination are given no reason to reconsider.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I'd say the insanity is constantly excusing all (constant) wrongdoing as 'not real Islam'. Moderate islamists and liberal left making excuse after excuse only effectively creates a shield around the more 'devoted' Muslims. We need a more direct approach I would say.
One problem is the lack of understanding of the immense difference between Islam and Islamism. There is absolutely nothing wrong with moderate islam. But, Islamism is a terrible thing, imho.