• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Remembrance weekend pro Palestinian marches should they be banned?.

Little Dragon

Hope you didn’t mention the war,I mentioned it once but got away with it,love faulty towers
German people don't like discussing those events much. Collective trauma and all that. What I do is tread carefully. My great great uncle, was captured by the soviets, and sent to a UK POW camp. He will talk about the war, well he's dead now, he would talk to me and my little brother about his time in the Waffen SS, he would show us his bullet scars running up his leg. He was cool. Always gave us boiled sweets as soon as we arrived, for some reason.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Patience is a virtue, and the Labour party, will be next, to prove they too are unable to give the people what they want, which isn't culture wars and poverty and bars to justice and dysfunctional public services and rabid tabloids lying to them every day.
Our numbers are growing. Especially among the younger generations. We will ascend. Parliament will be ours. ;)

Old Leon Trotsky must be so proud of your party,would the pogroms be on your manifesto?,got to love communism,been such a success story.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Far-right activists launched missiles in a series of violent clashes with police after vowing to “defend” the Cenotaph as hundreds of thousands joined a pro-Palestine protest on Armistice Day.

The Metropolitan Police condemned the “unacceptable violence” faced by its officers as more than 90 counter-protesters were detained in mass arrests to prevent a breach of the peace after they attempted to target the rally.

Nationalist groups and football fans engaged in a series of violent confrontations across the capital, throwing beer cans and vapes and charging at officers, although the two minutes’ silence passed undisturbed at the Cenotaph.

Read that and re read what you posted icehorse, especially the part about encouraging STRONG counter protests...

I NEVER advocated for violence. full stop.

But I do think that pro-Palestinian, pro-Hamas supporters ought to be publicly humiliated. Because often what I see is that the pro-Palestinian crowd is not making a distinction between Palestinians and Hamas.

If I saw mostly "pro-Palestinian, anti-Hamas" posters, I'd feel differently.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
German people don't like discussing those events much. Collective trauma and all that. What I do is tread carefully. My great great uncle, was captured by the soviets, and sent to a UK POW camp. He will talk about the war, well he's dead now, he would talk to me and my little brother about his time in the Waffen SS, he would show us his bullet scars running up his leg. He was cool. Always gave us boiled sweets as soon as we arrived, for some reason.

In my youth I was attached to a military unit in Germany,lovely country,been 5 times,off duty we went for a drink and one of the guys said he wanted me to meet this guy.

Anyway we got to the bar and he introduced me to this man who was a SS brigadenfurer in WW2,few scars here and there,he was in the Hitler youth before the war as many SS did,he was Waffen SS so not like SS Totenkopf,very interesting man.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Well, we don't have to go full Communist, you should never go full Communist. ;)

I can’t imagine what life would be like listening to dribble like Jeremy Corbyn or even worse Diane Abbot,still your party has more chance of winning the presidency of a working man’s club in the back of nowhere to be honest and of course imo.

Little Dragon

I can’t imagine what life would be like listening to dribble like Jeremy Corbyn or even worse Diane Abbot,still your party has more chance of winning the presidency of a working man’s club in the back of nowhere to be honest and of course imo.
Don't really care what you think mate. ;)
I mean, as if that mattered.

exchemist

Veteran Member
According to the BBC,whatever the figures are it’s a minority so success in some ways and a fail in others for a demonstration will achieve nothing other than division in a country that has no authority over a ceasefire,just what this country doesn’t need.
And in a minority according to the police, more to the point.

I don't really see this kind of march as divisive. I think most of the country is appalled at the loss of life in this war and the destruction of people's homes, even if opinions may differ on the best way to solve the problems that led to it. So I think there is a fair measure of understanding as to why some people might want to demonstrate about it, even if most British people would not do so themselves.

What, however, really is divisive, and deliberately so in my opinion, is the attempt by Sunak and Braverperson to weaponise the Remembrance commemorations, in order to make people think that those who are pro-Palestine are being somehow unpatriotic. That is demonstrably false and despicable.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
And in a minority according to the police, more to the point.

I don't really see this kind of march as divisive. I think most of the country is appalled at the loss of life in this war and the destruction of people's homes, even if opinions may differ on the best way to solve the problems that led to it. So I think there is a fair measure of understanding as to why some people might want to demonstrate about it, even if most British people would not do so themselves.

What, however, really is divisive, and deliberately so in my opinion, is the attempt by Sunak and Braverperson to weaponise the Remembrance commemorations, in order to make people think that those who are pro-Palestine are being somehow unpatriotic. That is demonstrably false and despicable.

I think it’s the opposite,I think the organisers of the march weaponised rememberance day,what stands out to me is total disregard for Israel and October 7th and the 200 plus hostages held by Hamas,peace would be good but until the hostages are released there’s no ceasefire.

I don’t really understand why they’re protesting here or Europe Australia etc,there’s just two factions who can change things and one of them is hiding in Qatar,that’s the place to demonstrate imo.

Little Dragon

Your right your party doesn’t matter to me,it’s a fringe kind of thing that rarely rears it’s head.
Good. Then at least we are agreed. Whether my party or another party wins future elections, is up to us of those who participate. How well we convey our message and to whom we convey it to and by what medium we use.

Little Dragon

If I saw mostly "pro-Palestinian, anti-Hamas" posters, I'd feel differently.
Oh I see. A few poster wording changes, and suddenly, yes, they have a tiny bit of a point about raining death down upon thousands of innocent people, with relative impunity and indifference shown.

Little Dragon

Also very stupid. The people in power at the moment, are so desperate now, that they will sink lower and lower until they eventually hit bedrock.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Oh I see. A few poster wording changes, and suddenly, yes, they have a tiny bit of a point about raining death down upon thousands of innocent people, with relative impunity and indifference shown.

Inaccurate and ignorant of context. Again, your low expectations are showing.