• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

remedy for toothache

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I have a horrible tootache. I think its a wisdom tooth, and I swear I feel it ripping through.
I know I should go to a dentist. But I have no insuarence. Though I attend job corps, who will take you to the dentist and pay, but I havd to wait, make appointment, and then wait some more.

Iv been taking advil a lot. And your only suppose to take one 4-6 hours or so. So its not to good to keep taking them ever hour or two.

I honestly think ima die:(

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Mouthwash with a high alcohol content seems to help.

Went through the same thing recently, Jacob. Good luck man. :(

Rakhel

Baby Aspirin. Do not chew but hold between your teeth, where the pain is, and let dissolve.
Or. Dr Tisner's mouthwash, if you can find it. (DO NOT drink it. It is 5x the strength of regular mouthwash, and acts as an astringent. Drinking at full strength can do some real damage.)
dip your finger, a coton swab, or your toothbrush, in the bottle and rub your gum where the pain is.

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
My wife had the problem as well, and got some penicillin. It helped very quickly.

Basically though, you probably have an infection, so that needs to be dealt with.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
Mouthwash with a high alcohol content seems to help.

Went through the same thing recently, Jacob. Good luck man. :(
Thank you. Rakhel mentioned mouthwash with high alcohol content. I am going to look for that.

Baby Aspirin. Do not chew but hold between your teeth, where the pain is, and let dissolve.
Or. Dr Tisner's mouthwash, if you can find it. (DO NOT drink it. It is 5x the strength of regular mouthwash, and acts as an astringent. Drinking at full strength can do some real damage.)
dip your finger, a coton swab, or your toothbrush, in the bottle and rub your gum where the pain is.
Iv tried the asprin, but it doesn't help:( I loooked up that mouthwash, and am going to search for it today. Thank you.

I second that. Whole cloves.
Iv never herd of cloves being used for toothache
My wife had the problem as well, and got some penicillin. It helped very quickly.

Basically though, you probably have an infection, so that needs to be dealt with.
Yeah, I am taking (leftover) anti-biotics. Praying they help lol

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb

I thought similar. But it would help if I didn't suspect it was a wisdom tooth growing in.

Kinda hard to knock it out, when the problem originates from an L shaped tooth trying to push its way through. Like a crowd of people trying to push their way onto an already overly crowded train.

blackout

Violet.
I used to use Clove Oil.

Go to a health food store and get a little bottle of pure essential clove oil.
Use very little, and with a Q-tip rub it on and around the area.
It works great!

Seriously Numbs the whole area,
and also, as I understand, essential oils are anti bacterial.
Though I can not say this as an 'expert' myself,
it is something I have read.

Last edited:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Iv never herd of cloves being used for toothache
Yep, for centuries. The pure oil Vi mentioned is hideously expensive, though. I'd just raid the spice cabinet. Whole is best, but ground will work too. You'll need some gauze to make a packet.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I have a horrible tootache. I think its a wisdom tooth, and I swear I feel it ripping through.
I know I should go to a dentist. But I have no insuarence. Though I attend job corps, who will take you to the dentist and pay, but I havd to wait, make appointment, and then wait some more.

Iv been taking advil a lot. And your only suppose to take one 4-6 hours or so. So its not to good to keep taking them ever hour or two.

I honestly think ima die:(

My mother used brandy ... half a spoonful or so.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
No, I checked around teh kitchen. I am just going to have to take a trip to Rite Aid or Walgreens
While you're at it, swing by a grocery and get some whole cloves and sterile gauze.

Take 3 cloves and crush or snap them, then fold them up in the gauze and pack it around the pain.

They really do work, and no side effects. Bonus, they make your breath smell wonderful! LOL.

ETA: You should still do the alcohol, as it will help fight any infection.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
While you're at it, swing by a grocery and get some whole cloves and sterile gauze.

Take 3 cloves and crush or snap them, then fold them up in the gauze and pack it around the pain.

They really do work, and no side effects. Bonus, they make your breath smell wonderful! LOL.

ETA: You should still do the alcohol, as it will help fight any infection.

Thank you :)

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
No problem. My teeth are rather nightmarish... I know what you're going through!

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
SO I bought cloves and used them. Worked a little bit but I believe its infected due to the swelling of side of my mouth, throat and pain in my ear and temple. So it didn't do to well relieving the majority of my pain.

Luckily I may be going to the dentist tommarow. Whether they pull the tooth, or give me anti-biotics and pain killers, I don't care.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help. I appreciate it